• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer - What's happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_gnome123

Career
Reaction score
As billyguy1 said, but the thing is. The staff seem quite narcissistic and hostile and react in very hostile ways. I don't mean to sound like I'm sucking up but I believe you're one of the good staff members who are a massive necessity to the team. However, shouldn't everyone have some sort of vital rule instead of putting off what they are meant to do.

I'm going to bed. I'm tired. c: Nighty!
I find some staff most hostile when i can prove them wrong on the mcsg rules because they dont know them very well

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Time to close this thread and put my official response from the staff and I as this is getting ridiculous at this point.

As time goes on, things always change. That's just a universal rule that no one and nothing is exempt from. Change is inevitable, but whether people accept this inevitability determines whether the change will be positive or negative. What all this community unrest is is simply an onset of growing pains.

If there's something we want people to take away from, it's that MCGamer is far from dying. In fact, we're far from it: we're growing faster than we can keep up with (which is a good problem to have).

Consider as some individuals claim that the this community is "dying"... Well, lets look at the facts as it seems we have a lot of these claims not backed with solid data:
  • 66,000+ new unique player logins since the last 15 days.
  • 50,000 - 100,000+ players play on our system every day.
  • 10,000 - 20,000+ games being played on our system every day.
  • 3,000 - 5,000+ new players every day (depending on the day of the week)
  • 2,021,000 players have played on our system, and counting!
(Source: Queries on our API/Database server)

On top of this, we have a number of very exciting developments in the works. Catching Fire, Quarter Quell, and the new Xime panel are only the things we're allowed to tell the public about at this point in time. Plus once everything is completed with our core network upgrade referring to the latest homepage article I posted, we can finally safely add in the other game types we been promising.

Truthfully, I'm very optimistic about the outlook of this community. It's for that reason I feel very disappointed when a member of this community seem to be excited at the prospect of pointing out our flaws and encouraging people to abandon ship.

What we see now is a case of bad apples spoiling the bunch; whether they're bad mods or bad players, they are harming everyone's experience within the community.

On the player side, we're seeing the same names and phrases being used with malicious intent to harm our players' experiences and this community's reputation. Some of them are ex-staff who were fired, and act to hurt the staff that they are no longer a part of; others are players with long lists of offenses who take their anger out against the system that punished them for their offenses; others more are VIPs and Friends whom pushed our patience well beyond the usual breaking point, before finally finding the punishment they deserved to receive.

These players may play the martyr, that they only want the best for this community, but their actions say otherwise. We see interference with bans, the spread of rumors and personal attacks, conspiracy to defame and demote certain staff members, and constant harassment both on our server and off; some of these same players have resorted to using illegal/malicious DDoS attacks against players, staff members, and the community as a whole in their twisted quest for vengeance. He have been working with the FBI by filing reports to tracking down who is doing this (seriously, we are). The same people who are deemed as the popular and perfect players often behaved very differently to the eyes of the staff; what you see in how they act is often very different in how they act to us.

There are proper ways to bring up issues to be resolved; the fact that these players refuse to do so in the appropriate manner only prove to us that they aren't here to help: they want to hurt us for their own reasons. It's for that reason we are forced to enforce our community rules by removing these individuals as the things they say are not always the truth, but they are able to pass it off as the truth because of their reputation or own personal gain.

On the moderator-side, we're working as hard as we can to get rid of the bad apples as well. People who should not be trusted with such power and responsibilities should not be trusted with the position of moderator. We do our best to screen our applicants, but sometimes the issues don't become apparent until after the individual in question is hired. It's always difficult removing a moderator.

If you see a moderator doing something wrong, you should report it to a member of the Senior Staff; we're only a few weeks into 2014, and we've already removed a number of troublesome staff members. But the issue we experience is that people don't bring the issues up to us at all. For whatever reason, in certain cases, the people whose responsibility it is to fire the moderator (The Sr. Staff) are the last to know.

We care about removing bad mods, and are taking the necessary steps to ensure that these things get fixed. The moderator applications have been shut down so that we can focus on cleaning out the bad apples who may be in our staff. A recent series of reforms have been passed to improve the quality of new and current moderators. But all good change takes time and acceptance before the community realizes how positive such changes are.

We members of staff have a very difficult job, one which often puts us at ends with the community. The decisions we make may not be popular nor universally liked, but they are necessary in order to maintain the integrity of this community. Whether we must remove hostile players, negative posts, or unproductive staff members, we do so for the good of this community. Because if everyone had their way- if the staff truly did not care about this community- those hostile elements that we must keep in line would have torn this community apart at their own whim long ago. We are the staff of the MCGamer Network. It is our duty to put the welfare of the community over the desires of a few players or ourselves. If your presence in this community has not been positive, then we will not force you to be here. But until then, the staff of this community must do what it must for the good of everyone of the rest of the community.

Did I mention that this is just a game? Seriously, why do people add drama to this? Let's have fun, play Survival Games/Mini Games, move on and ignore the ones who get entertainment by poisoning this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci