• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer's beggining?

Coferic

Gold
Reaction score
Joined MCGamer in January, 2014.
as for me, ive been playing since June of 2012. I won my first game on sg2, where i teamed with bom and another person and they let me win. For some odd reason i think it was darkrai202 but not really sure it was him
I do remember mentioning in another post that this was not my first account, but I remember Darkrai202, I used to play sg with him a while back.

Reaction score
I joined in October 2012, back then most everyone knew who everyone was. You would see another good player in a lobby and say hi and hope for a good fight later in the match. "gg" meant "good game" and not "haha lol get r3kt m69". The server was crawling with BajanCanadian and the bacca army. When zeejayy and TheMegaRyan17 were fighting for #1 (I was a young noon then xD) clans were mostly friendly to each other and there weren't many disagreements. Before cB's were popular, and before the hub. Even during the hub when it had signs from US 1-200 and not servers in the 1000's.

just everything :/

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I'll tell you :)

I joined MCSG when their was only SG 1 , SG 2 and I can't name the other map.
I always used to get mad because I couldn't join the servers cause I would always get kicked by a iron donor. The hub was like a bridge and it lead to a castle and I remember I rushed to the parkour area and there was like a hidden switch with a cake room. When they had a website list for all the available hubs open to players xD. I remember when everyone used to say skype team say 123, that's how I meet some of the now known people on the server and good players. 2013 was my starting year for clans and I joined CyanVolts for the first time. It was really fun, no hackers at all in clans, there were hackers on the servers but it wasn't as many as today :p. I'll just say MCSG has changed a lot since those days, its not a bad or good mcsg now but I think it needs some more improving. :D

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
I joined in August of 2012. We had 25 servers at the time. 24 of them ran Survival Games 4 most of the time and the other one was probably SG 1.

Fiv

Platinum
Reaction score
I remember when you had to look up the sg servers on the mcgamer website. memories <3

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
Joined MCGamer in January, 2014.
as for me, ive been playing since June of 2012. I won my first game on sg2, where i teamed with bom and another person and they let me win. For some odd reason i think it was darkrai202 but not really sure it was him
Daaaamn nerdifiedblocks ur older than me I played first gam a month later

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
(I joined in April of 2012)
The beginning of McGamer (MCSG at the time) was truly a lovely period in time. Other than having to wait for servers to restart, the small community was very close knit and many people were helping each other. There were no staff scandals, no stupid updates, it was pure. My fondest recollections come from this time, when surviving the night without dying of starvation was more of a priority than worrying about someone teaming up on you. I had a heck of a hard time not starving to death, and I lost around my first 500 games. But I didn't care, I was having a blast. Even though I didn't involve myself with the community much back then, I had made some friends and it brought a smile to my face meeting them in lobbies. Nowadays, I don't think I would have enough patience to endure a whole hour, but if I could go back, I would have definitely taken advantage of those days longer.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
This video is probably the best one that shows what MCSG was like back in the day. There was a lot more strategy involved and a lot less tryhard PvP, and that's why it was so great. Plus, the PvP was actually decent, so that made it all the better. I've been playing since May 2012 but I really didn't play much over that summer and I got more into MCSG in fall of that year, and I'm sure there's other people around from even before when I joined as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci