• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer's current scenario which I'm not too fond of - The Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racervina

Tribute
Reaction score

- Plz no hate, no lock & no lies -​

Hey folks!

So I would like to share my personal opinion with you guys on this server going downhill.

I will start my story in early 2015.

Probably one of the highlights and peaks of MCGamer's popularity was the so called "Valentines Event", led by Shelby, or back then better known as LadyOfLove. It was the biggest, most successful and most beautiful event ever seen on MCGamer. The organization was excellent and many players enjoyed their day participating in all the attractions on the map and simply being a part of this community.

However, since then, there was no other event nearly as popular or successful as this one had been. After Shelby resigned, the administration tried to create at similar event, the so called “MCGamer Summer Event”, but tbh, it wasn't nearly as successful as the Valentines Event - a flop imo. Starting on the second day of the event, there was only an average of 5 to 10 players online, mainly including staff, trying to complete one of the challenges. The whole concept was based on challenges, which most of the people only completed to get a medal on the forums. Of course Shelby didn't create the 'Valentines Event' alone, but it needs a special talent to host such a big thing.

That is why Shelby's resignation was the first step of MCGamer starting to go downhill, imo.

Another event, which caused MCGamer to lose a big amount of their players was the "death" of Huahwi. He was very famous within the MCGamer community and brought a lot of new players to the servers.

One of the reasons a lot of those big Youtubers stopped playing on MCGamer, is because the Survival Games game type became boring and redundant over time. Yes, they tried to add a couple other gamemodes, but none of them actually broke through and most of them were removed eventually, such as ColorZone or Rocket Rumble. Even the older ones, SG Classic and Quarter Quell were removed as they simply became boring over time. After the removal of these game types, they stopped creating new ones besides UHC Worlds and SG Solo, which either never got off the ground or are very similar to the original SG game type, so that in the end there is no variety again. So they sticked to SurvivalGames.
“With time comes change”, but MCGamer neglected this quote. Many other similar servers understood this however, and look at their player counts now; i.e. Hypixel, Mineplex, Badlion… MCGamer is running slow and almost out of breath, risking a low place in the race of expanding and being one of the more popular Minecraft servers out there. It used to be part of this group, but look where MCGamer is now. Even a server that shared almost the exact same playerbase as MCGamer or came off the ground based on our players, *cough* Bad *cought* lion, counts more players than MCGamer does nowadays.

Well, let's continue with my story.

The next massive blow to the Network was the resignation of Col_StaR, probably one of the, if not the best admin Mcgamer has even seen. However it was not completely lost as we got two new trial Admins who turned out to be worthy successors of Col_StaR.

Now as Vanessa and Nephilim "failed their trial" (hope I worded it correctly this time -.-), the fire with which Col_StaR and his two successors kept MCGamer alive, has died out within the Administration team.
Yes the current admins are doing their job, mainly behind the scenes, but this is not what keeps a server alive. I am not calling out any of the remaining members of the administration, as Razz, CAm and Alpaka might all be great at their specific jobs, however most of them aren’t as close to the community as they should be by far.
We, the community are not only a number. We are people, humans and those who keep the Network alive by donating our time and playing on the servers.
We needed those 2 new Admins that were actually close to the community, showed interest in our ideas and suggestions and knew what was going on. This was a reason people felt welcome here on MCGamer and which gave some of the older players who realized the downfall of the network sooner than others, hope again. We were expecting very promising work of the both of them, which we have received, however unfortunately it had to end too soon.

The owner himself is apparently too busy with more important work and doesn't show the activity or maybe even interest on MCGamer anymore that he should. If not much effort comes from the top regarding this situation, then the bottom will crumble along.

Turkish Moderators are resigning, the last player base (i.e. Turkish players on the EU region), that keeps MCGamer alive, is about to disappear as well. Just imagine our Network without the amount of Turkish players. MCGamer reaches its peak time during EU’s peak time, which is close to, or used to be close to, 3000 players average. If they suddenly were to disappear or move on, I bet there would only be 1000 players on average left, not even speaking before or after the peak times...

All that is very unfortunate as some people worked so hard for the servers and I want to thank those people at this point! Their effort shouldn’t have been a waste. But a staff team can only run a server when also the higher staff cares and shows that they care. With an inactive owner and an administration who is only busy with the work they are assigned and don’t turn around and look at the community, the life of this server, a server can't be successful.

For all the people who say “MCGamer has had those low player numbers for a while now” and for the people who keep saying “MCGamer is dying and going downhill” for quite some time now; yes this is true, but it is different this time. As I explained above, each single point up there ended up in MCGamer losing players, however there were always people in the administration team at that time, who were close to the community and actively worked out plans to keep the servers up. Now that has ended as well.
All the background work might be important - yes, and we are all very thankful for that -, but if there is no one close to the community the servers will die eventually. ChadTheDJ has no clue about “his” community, nor do the admins these days. I doubt that they know the names of their Moderators just to set an example.

I don't want to offend anyone with this thread, nor do I think I can actually help with this thread, which basically includes all the issues that are causing MCGamer’s downfall, as it is already too late in my opinion. I am not trying to cause any flame either, I just had to and wanted to share how I feel on the current situation and recent events.

Feel free to discuss / post your own opinions down below. To the mods and above, before you think it’s another rant thread against the staff only, just read the thread and try to understand my point here and probably the point of a big part of the community. If it’s locked within the next couple hours for this reason, it definitely shows that you guys aren’t willing to listen and/or open your eyes to what’s actually been going on.

xEpicZun

Spectator
Reaction score
- Plz no hate, no lock & no lies -​

Hey folks!

So I would like to share my personal opinion with you guys on this server going downhill.

I will start my story in early 2015.

Probably one of the highlights and peaks of MCGamer's popularity was the so called "Valentines Event", led by Shelby, or back then better known as LadyOfLove. It was the biggest, most successful and most beautiful event ever seen on MCGamer. The organization was excellent and many players enjoyed their day participating in all the attractions on the map and simply being a part of this community.

However, since then, there was no other event nearly as popular or successful as this one had been. After Shelby resigned, the administration tried to create at similar event, the so called “MCGamer Summer Event”, but tbh, it wasn't nearly as successful as the Valentines Event - a flop imo. Starting on the second day of the event, there was only an average of 5 to 10 players online, mainly including staff, trying to complete one of the challenges. The whole concept was based on challenges, which most of the people only completed to get a medal on the forums. Of course Shelby didn't create the 'Valentines Event' alone, but it needs a special talent to host such a big thing.

That is why Shelby's resignation was the first step of MCGamer starting to go downhill, imo.

Another event, which caused MCGamer to lose a big amount of their players was the "death" of Huahwi. He was very famous within the MCGamer community and brought a lot of new players to the servers.

One of the reasons a lot of those big Youtubers stopped playing on MCGamer, is because the Survival Games game type became boring and redundant over time. Yes, they tried to add a couple other gamemodes, but none of them actually broke through and most of them were removed eventually, such as ColorZone or Rocket Rumble. Even the older ones, SG Classic and Quarter Quell were removed as they simply became boring over time. After the removal of these game types, they stopped creating new ones besides UHC Worlds and SG Solo, which either never got off the ground or are very similar to the original SG game type, so that in the end there is no variety again. So they sticked to SurvivalGames.
“With time comes change”, but MCGamer neglected this quote. Many other similar servers understood this however, and look at their player counts now; i.e. Hypixel, Mineplex, Badlion… MCGamer is running slow and almost out of breath, risking a low place in the race of expanding and being one of the more popular Minecraft servers out there. It used to be part of this group, but look where MCGamer is now. Even a server that shared almost the exact same playerbase as MCGamer or came off the ground based on our players, *cough* Bad *cought* lion, counts more players than MCGamer does nowadays.

Well, let's continue with my story.

The next massive blow to the Network was the resignation of Col_StaR, probably one of the, if not the best admin Mcgamer has even seen. However it was not completely lost as we got two new trial Admins who turned out to be worthy successors of Col_StaR.

Now as Vanessa and Nephilim "failed their trial" (hope I worded it correctly this time -.-), the fire with which Col_StaR and his two successors kept MCGamer alive, has died out within the Administration team.
Yes the current admins are doing their job, mainly behind the scenes, but this is not what keeps a server alive. I am not calling out any of the remaining members of the administration, as Razz, CAm and Alpaka might all be great at their specific jobs, however most of them aren’t as close to the community as they should be by far.
We, the community are not only a number. We are people, humans and those who keep the Network alive by donating our time and playing on the servers.
We needed those 2 new Admins that were actually close to the community, showed interest in our ideas and suggestions and knew what was going on. This was a reason people felt welcome here on MCGamer and which gave some of the older players who realized the downfall of the network sooner than others, hope again. We were expecting very promising work of the both of them, which we have received, however unfortunately it had to end too soon.

The owner himself is apparently too busy with more important work and doesn't show the activity or maybe even interest on MCGamer anymore that he should. If not much effort comes from the top regarding this situation, then the bottom will crumble along.

Turkish Moderators are resigning, the last player base (i.e. Turkish players on the EU region), that keeps MCGamer alive, is about to disappear as well. Just imagine our Network without the amount of Turkish players. MCGamer reaches its peak time during EU’s peak time, which is close to, or used to be close to, 3000 players average. If they suddenly were to disappear or move on, I bet there would only be 1000 players on average left, not even speaking before or after the peak times...

All that is very unfortunate as some people worked so hard for the servers and I want to thank those people at this point! Their effort shouldn’t have been a waste. But a staff team can only run a server when also the higher staff cares and shows that they care. With an inactive owner and an administration who is only busy with the work they are assigned and don’t turn around and look at the community, the life of this server, a server can't be successful.

For all the people who say “MCGamer has had those low player numbers for a while now” and for the people who keep saying “MCGamer is dying and going downhill” for quite some time now; yes this is true, but it is different this time. As I explained above, each single point up there ended up in MCGamer losing players, however there were always people in the administration team at that time, who were close to the community and actively worked out plans to keep the servers up. Now that has ended as well.
All the background work might be important - yes, and we are all very thankful for that -, but if there is no one close to the community the servers will die eventually. ChadTheDJ has no clue about “his” community, nor do the admins these days. I doubt that they know the names of their Moderators just to set an example.

I don't want to offend anyone with this thread, nor do I think I can actually help with this thread, which basically includes all the issues that are causing MCGamer’s downfall, as it is already too late in my opinion. I am not trying to cause any flame either, I just had to and wanted to share how I feel on the current situation and recent events.

Feel free to discuss / post your own opinions down below. To the mods and above, before you think it’s another rant thread against the staff only, just read the thread and try to understand my point here and probably the point of a big part of the community. If it’s locked within the next couple hours for this reason, it definitely shows that you guys aren’t willing to listen and/or open your eyes to what’s actually been going on.
Man that was awesome!
You have listed all the major problems that are causing the 'downfall of MCGamer,that i used to call MCSG that is what it is basically,there's no gamemode that can replace worth of SG to MCGamer.All you have said is true and i respect you for writing this.I'm not very long time on forums but i am in-game 'old-school player' indeed,i know how it used to be like,those old times were the best,you would ENJOY playing mcsg,now its 'Who is going to be at the top of the leaderboards?' I feel that MCSG was at his prime around the time when Huahwi (indeed the greatest player on MCSG ever,i'm not trying to say best in pvp,its just Huahwi and Grape are two biggest reasons MCSG is what it is today) was around his 100th episode (80th - 108th,around those episodes before his 'first death') everyone was then getting their premium accounts just to play on MCGamer(then known as MCSG) the Minecraft Pvp itself was also at its prime in my opinion,the 1.7 version. Idk man,it's not what it used to be,that's what i'm trying to say,i would love the old MCSG to come back,and all the great players with him,man that would be great. (Soz if i typed somewhere something wrong,english is not my main language)

Date

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Took nearly 3 hours to read xD but I totally agree with this

+1

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
#ShelbyComeBack

jk, nice thread. :);)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's impossible to deny the fact that things are different now. We have lost a whole lot of incredible staff members over the last five-six months. It's funny how some people don't really appreciate people until they're gone. Take for example Dave. People had strong distastes for Dave for various reasons, but when Dave resigned it became clear how much he really did for the community. I could go on, but we all get the point.

Yes, we have lost a ton of incredibly driven and hardworking individuals, but there is nothing to say that there are none left. I like to call this a transitional period, in which we, the MCGamer Staff team, are assembling ourselves a new order that works.

This will take some trial and error, and things may not seem too good but I promise you it will all work out well in the end.

With a little bit of hard work and community-staff-developer-Chad interaction, we can get a ton of stuff done, and make MCGamer even better than it ever was.

The most important thing is the attitude of all of us. If we give up, nothing will ever get done, but if we all work together to try to do something that we all want then there's a chance of making things better c:

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, what started the whole downgrade of mcsg, was first off, 1.8 and 2nd off, the huge stat reset.

Tons of people hated 1.8 pvp, so then mcsg FORCED us to use it and at that time it had so many bugs and glitches. Eventually they realized it and brought back 1.7, but it was a bit too late at that point.

Then the stat reset was kind of the nail.. Pretty much all of the old loyal people who played on the servers, the people who had been playing for 2-3 years quit and the only people left were new players who as we've seen, hardly play anymore. If you look at the top 30, probably 1/3 of those people hardly even play at all anymore. The stat reset might of helped mcsg in the short run, for maybe 4-5 months. But now that all the faithful players are gone, slowly and slowly these newer players are quitting.

Since that though, its just little things happening that loses players. I've been seeing mcgamer with 500 or less players are night here recently. I haven't seen that since back b4 mcgamer was getting big. It's not looking good tbh.

I said it before, that pretty much every game comes to an end with a huge mistake. Mcgamer has made 2. They better do something quit else this server won't survive another year.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
I've got quite a few opinions on this thread so I'll list 'em here
100% agree, Huawhi brought huge numbers of new players to our community daily.
so did Bajan

Couldn't have put it better myself. It was a huge loss to the team after both resigned but I think our current administrators are going to put in the time to get the know the community at a more even level now that they Vanessa and Neph are gone. ;_;

The community won't die out. New admins could be promoted. Who's not to say there won't be a new community manager? Endless possibilities. Anyways, this was a well put together thread and it does shed some light on certain aspects of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci