• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer's current scenario which I'm not too fond of - The Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
While yes, Huahwi being absent is unfortunate, that is not something we can control, and as the person who oversees the VIP applications for the time being, we do have a surplus of new faces still coming in within the realm of VIPS. Further, Im not sure if anyone saw, but this time, huahwi made the mistake of leaving his youtube channel's last activity monitor on for a while, and he still checks his channel weekly. Just no longer posting videos. Now, I can make a solid guess that he isn't posting for personal reasons, which I'm sure he will say in his own time.
This is really to all the huahwi fans out there that question where he is. I've been saying this since even the first time he "left". There is nothing wrong with huahwi in the sense of him not being able to get on.

If huahwi wanted to get on and let us know what is going on with him, he easily enough could do it. Let's say he did move, doesn't have internet, somehow doesn't have it on his phone either, there are still mulitple ways to get on the internet. His university defo has internet access, he probably has countless libraries in the big city he lives in that will have internet access.

The fact that he doesn't get on is because he simply doesn't want to. He has the ability.

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
Oh the thread was unlocked, I can finally reply aha. I'm surprised and flattered that I'm mentioned to be having such an influence. I wish I could still run those events sort of, but I left due to irreconcilable differences with some particular people and the way the staff team was ran and the way I was treated, plus a multitude of personal and real life issues.

There are some major issues with the network, that is indisputable.. and the player count has been steadily dropping for a very, very long time. MCGamer has fallen from the position of '4th largest network' to the '8th' looking at MC Network stats at different times.

I respect and love most of the staff team, but I agree with a lot of your points. I can't remember the last time the network interested me to a point where I actually logged onto the servers. The game types I want to play are broken, after all. I only come by the teamspeak to talk to the people I care about and the forums to manage my build team.

I'm just no longer interested in playing on the network and a lot of other people are on the same page - it's heavily contributing to the steady decline of players. I spend my time on other networks now.

And those calling for me to return - I can't. I'm banned from reapplying.

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
I can't wait to read Chad's reply. Will be interesting to see his perspective and statistics.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The owner himself is apparently too busy with more important work and doesn't show the activity or maybe even interest on MCGamer anymore that he should. If not much effort comes from the top regarding this situation, then the bottom will crumble along.

All the background work might be important - yes, and we are all very thankful for that -, but if there is no one close to the community the servers will die eventually. ChadTheDJ has no clue about “his” community, nor do the admins these days. I doubt that they know the names of their Moderators just to set an example.
I will comment on these claims towards me specifically and start by explaining my personal life when I stated this community. Back in 2012, I was still live with my parents and started my IT business 8 months prior. I had dropped out of college because it made sense to me at the time due to my passion in helping people with their technology needs. MCSG started as a hobby on top of my job which both showed enormous growth in a short period of time. My IT business soon became my day job and MCSG/MCGamer became my night/weekend job. Over the years my lifestyle changed where I need to work harder IRL to keep what I have now. MCGamer's funds this last year have gone mostly back in to the upkeep and cost it takes to keep our servers running. This is why I have to have a full time job on top of running this place. Yes, we are not as large as other communities yet our budget is used almost 100% in everything here with no extra profit to quit my job to focus 100% of my time here. I can't quit my job yet I will always do my best to do what I can to make sure this server is successful. Yes, we do have some issues but doesn't mean I am ignoring everything. We have tons of items happening behind the scenes I wish I can share but I can't until they are completed. Also commenting on his "dying" rumors, we been running reports on our player counts and showing a rebound since earlier this year. Activity has been up and new players seen on our network have been back up as well. Maybe on the front end people think this, but I personally haven't given up. I promise to you all with the same promise I gave you back in 2012, we will continue to run high quality MCSG servers. With this as well will explore in other ideas and game ideas. So yes, I am completely aware of everything and still working hard here to make things great.

Lastly, clarifying a few things about past admins. Colstar was great but had to leave us due to him going to college. Neph and Vanessa failed their trial as they didn't step up to what I expected them to with that position and were not fired. We demoted them to SR mod but resigned immediately after. I am in search of more admins to help and we will most likely will get more in the coming months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci