• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Back to the Old Times...

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Whoa, Sam on the forums!? Hey at least you posted in the right section.

Well in general, MCGamer has a lot to fix, but at it's core the problem is the way they are getting problems solved. The staff to us seems to hide things a lot and that makes work seem to get done slowly, also they need to listen to the community more, and a lot more, taking into account every suggestion and make sure it's actually considered.

Things are going to be worked on though, it was confirmed by Chad sometime ago I think…

ItsArdaQG

District 13
Reaction score
I actually missed old times and i think old mcsg was better , but mcsg is keep upgrading and that's really good. Developers are working for new plugins , new gamemodes. I hate few glitches but i am not complaining about it :)

Nixous

Tribute
Reaction score
Old MCSG... MCSG was such a big part of my life so it feels really nostalgic when going back to old MCSG videos and I just think about that I should've appreciated my life more back then and not taken the good things for granted.
MCSG was so much better back then in my opinion.

I miss old MCSG.

Complexity

Survivor
Reaction score
Personally I think that the MCGamer Network is focusing their time and energy on the wrong things New Maps, Useless Features, and Banning Youtubers. When they should be Promoting youtubers and Fixing Bugs and Just adding filter and Cleaning up the community. Personally I think this would go a long way.

I Just want Mcsg v2 back because I really enjoyed it back then when I grew my youtube channel off MCSG.

Hawy

Quantum
Reaction score
Couldn't they just do a backup to 2013 or something and all the players would love it but the only thing is if they do the backup they would have to change the perms cause it will have all the wrong people as mods xD

Narwhalll

Quantum
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think MCSG is particularly worse then it was 1.5-2 years ago, there's just a few things that aren't getting done as we would like.

One of the main problems is the staff. And not all the staff either. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good staff on these servers, but it seems as if good, hardworking staff are becoming more hard to come by and getting moderator is no longer an achievement because so many people get it.

A few minor things that I've noticed are the bucket loads of useless maps being implamented onto the servers that a majority of people don't play. Another thing is all these new features and game modes being injected into the servers before all the issues with the previously added ones are fixed. I know nothing about coding but surely you should be removing these bugs before possibly adding more.

One last thing is the current anti cheat: like I said before I know nothing about coding but the current anti cheat just isn't working. The amount of hackers and auto clickers in AU clans (and AU in general) is just too extreme. It's been bought up too many times now to be ignored - we need a new anticheat.

Last edited:

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Make a timemachine and Go back to that date. The End. QATL :)

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
It's been bought up too many times now to be ignored - we need a new anticheat.
Q: Any updates on the anti-cheat coming up soon?
A: For the last few weeks we have been testing a much more solid anti-cheat that will be able to detect a larger number of hacks than ever before. It is currently only in data gathering mode, and is currently still being tested/reviewed. However, if we don't run into any more major problems, it'll be released sooner than you would think.

Narwhalll

Quantum
Reaction score
I was unaware of this.. Thanks for telling me, sounds great. :)

Razputin_

Experienced
Reaction score
It really does seem as the old days of MCSG was possibly better upon opinions, though through the passed year of me being present, there is more people, more maps, and even more games. I believe they're making a better improvement on it along the way.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
To be honest, there isn't much of a difference between now and then. Sure, there have been changes made, but the majority of them were to accommodate our growing playerbase, such as more moderators being hired to help manage the amount of rule breakers.

The main thing here is that we romanticize the past, which makes it seem better. Looking back on the old 2013ish MCSG, I remember being good and having some of the best times of my life. Now when I actually think about what it was like, I was awful. I had a 50/700 ratio, I raged when teams killed me, and all the stuff I did when I used to play this summer.

The main separator from now and then is the playstyle. It seems everyone is tryhards who and plays for stats, rather than for fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci