• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Community helping suggestions?

Rhu

Diamond
Reaction score
I believe mcsg should create techniques to helping the Community. Although Mcsg has the cleansweeps that I imagine cleanup a lot more hackers than you'd think. The community of the server is getting a bit nasty and users really aren't being both fair and respectful to all members. Some of the techniques could be:

- adding extra words to the filter
- encourage others to help (ik you're attempting this with the accpeted report abuse prizes)
- you could do community cleansweeps to punish the users the way they should.

(suggestions?)

I remade this thread as i really didn't get why i made my last thread.

Last edited:

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
And what do you offer as a solution? Because that's something that is distinctly lacking from this thread.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
Why should randy-teaming be punishable? I get why hackusating would be, but randy-teaming is a strategy. Albeit it's annoyance to the person getting teamed on, theres no reason why it should be considered punishable. If you were in a real hunger games, where it was your life on the line, wouldn't you do anything possible to survive? I know its not the best analogy but it's all I got right now :p

ShaiPR7

Sr Moderator | Ban Disputes Team
Reaction score
Why should randy-teaming be punishable? I get why hackusating would be, but randy-teaming is a strategy. Albeit it's annoyance to the person getting teamed on, theres no reason why it should be considered punishable. If you were in a real hunger games, where it was your life on the line, wouldn't you do anything possible to survive? I know its not the best analogy but it's all I got right now :p
It's not strategy, if you randy team it means that you can't win by yourself..

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
More EU mods that actually play MCSG, not stay on ts all day to wait for people to poke them :--)
EU is actually getting quite a bit of attention due to the Operation Cleansweeps that happen every week. Those are in addition to the mods that regularly patrol the servers as part of their duties. Remember that just because you don't see a staff member in your game doesn't mean that they aren't there.

I know it's frustrating to be killed by hackers and I agree that EU has more than other regions. However, Moderators are not necessarily just "sitting on ts all day" waiting for someone to poke them. When they are on TS they are readily available to take any reports from players but most of the time they are also moderating one of our platforms. We obviously can't be everywhere at once, so it really helps when a player does let our mods know about someone in particular that is breaking our rules.

If you think the solution is simply more EU staff, we are always actively looking for more. If you have anyone in mind that would be a good fit, tell them to apply!

As for the original post, agree with Girls that you can't really prevent that. It's a strategy. The only way to address it is to prevent teaming all together which we are hoping to find a way to address.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Wait so let me get this straight... you're complaining MCSG is dead and about how bad the community is, right?

But what does that make you as a person who adds to the constant "MCSG is dead" threads? Are you somehow immune from the "bad" part of the community? Because that's surely what this looks like, you whining because you can't win a game in EU due to hackers and teams. I'm sorry for the harsh response but I've been here almost three years and not a month goes by without some kind of drama, it just annoys me to here people still complaining after all this time.

Reaction score
I can honestly see why you're complaining & it's true, the server is getting a bit ridiculous with hackers. I can't play 1 game of BattleGrounds without running into one myself! I'm sorry you think that us moderators aren't doing much to help the server but you've got to understand that this is a volunteer position & we catch a lot of hackers but can't get all of them.

As for teams or "randy teams", unlike hacks, it's is a fair & fun strategy. You all have the same opportunity to team with other players. I'm sorry you deem this "unfair" but it's really not. It may be annoying, but never unfair. Hacks on the other hand, is an unfair advantage nobody on the server should have so I do apologize about that!

Although there may be annoyances within the MCGamer Network server, the Community of those honest & fair players are very much alive! I'm sorry if you think it's dead but I assure you, with all the CleanSweeps & better Anti-Cheat plugins, the ridiculousness hopefully will die down :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci