• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

mcsg fanbase slipping

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
It is, most people get bored of being killed by a hacker so they leave for other games like CS:GO and League..
It's not because they get killed by hackers. It's that those games are made for an older audience, as are the forums. People on the forums leave for those games because they're more constantly updated, more appealing for an older age group and most of all, fun. Not that mcsg isn't fun, I have a blast every time I play it again. It's just that people have their preference.

Also, this isn't the community that's dying, it's the older, more respected players that are leaving. New people come in, and new people become the veterans who are respected. I'd prefer the old community over the one now easily, but it's not slipping, only changing.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Just a general reminder for everyone here to keep the flame to a minimum. Keep in mind that this is a discussion about how MCGamer is doing and how long it may last. Any posts that relate to things otherwise (like flame posts or racism) will result in deletion. Furthermore getting risk of punishment. Thank you! c:
but we need teh EGirls!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
MCGamer will not end soon, it still has more than sufficient funds to support the network as it appears and we still have a pretty solid playerbase online and on the forums.

Will the community change? Yes. Will the quality of the community change? That depends on how you look at it. For old players like myself it's very different but not better or worse.

Just keep a positive mindset, you'll find yourself enjoying things more.

MCS

Diamond
Reaction score
CS:GO has hackers...
Yes, but all in all the game is more enjoyable for those of the community who are older. (Just my opinion) and I rarely come across a hacker in CS:GO, Which can not be said for mcsg. Though there has been a decrease with the amount of hackers on MCSG so good job with that I s'pose.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that SG is getting old and we need a new Gamemode to replace it?

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
that is why people like danteh and nitro_elite moved to kohi, a far superior gamemode and server..

Flipsoap

Platinum
Reaction score
I think rather than trying to create new things, McGamer should focus on it's strong point which is SG. There are numerous bug fixes and tweaks that could be fixed (that should be fixed by now) and instead of adding new games, why not strengthen the SG or heck, even completely revamp Survival Games as a whole. Survival Games as it is now is played out and does need a nod back in the right direction. On the topic of hackers, Badlion has Mcgamer beat with it's superior AntiCheat, and I feel Badlion is a lot more aggressive when it comes to hacking i.e Judgement Day. Although, MCSG will always be know for Survival Games and trying to add other game modes seems desperate to me. I do believe McGamer will not "fade away" it just may be at a plateau of popularity right now due to the fact Survival Games is still played like it was back when MCSG began. (running to corn and grabbing chests) Although it seems crazy to change the concrete foundation behind the Survival Games today, it may just be needed to add that bit of spice back to Mcgamer. (These are all my opinions and in no way should be taken as hate towards any person or McGamer as a whole.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci