• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"MCSG isn't what it used to be..."

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Been here for almost 2 years and I agree with you, although the old was good, the new might be even better :)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If I ever make a spelling/grannar error, everyone points it out because it's a rare sight from me :p
I only point out the absurd ones. Stuff that can actually be made into a logical sentence, but one completely out of context, is the best (like my log one).

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
I've been playing a lot of Classic recently, and honestly, I'm seeing a lot of similarities between how the "old days" are described on the forums and how Classic is now. The community is smaller, and a lot of people know each other. I've got to know a bunch of people in Classic, and even made some friends there. There's a small, close community in the Classic servers that I don't really see all that much in the average main sg server (most games I play in v2 I don't ever remember anyone in the lobby). Whenever I join a random main server, the chat seems like 50% asking for people to vote for a map, 40% asking for random teams, and 10% asking about some famous youtuber. While that does still show up in Classic lobbies, there does seem to be more people talking with their friends or discussing the last game or something else. Though most people in Classic don't really use the website that much, so we're not really big on the forums or in the main server community.

Also, I've messed around a lot in these servers and seen others often do similar things like raising giant armies of puppies at corn, making flower art, building towers of cake, and roasting animals over an open fire. :D Seriously though, I've noticed that Classic isn't as full of tryharders. I kinda used to do it when going up through the leaderboards, but I'm pretty much done with that now, and most of the other players don't really do it.

Also, pvp strategy is much more relaxed and doesn't involve a lot of fishing rods and FnS. It does show up sometimes, but each game isn't a huge fire/fishingrod/running war. Though it does make things awkward when the occasional v2 guy comes in and starts using a lot of newer strategies to kill us all. :p

I do think the main servers are still technically better (still waiting on that flippin' map 2 fix), and the gameplay itself might not be as good (depending on your pvp/map tastes), but Classic has really grown on me in ways that sound a lot like what the older players are reminiscing about. Not sure if it's better than how it was in summer 2012 (I was still a complete n00b with no friends/wins/skills whatsoever back then, so I can't say), but eh, works for me.

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
In my opinion, MCSG has turned worse. When I used to play, if I died, okay, new game. Now? I die, and people wanna try and get on my nerves just to see me rage. Why can't we try to make friends rather than destroy any possibility at there being one? Same goes for clans. Why don't we ever see "Allies" anymore in clan threads? Because nobody has any! We get so caught up in trying to be the best, that we've forgotten that this was (and I hope will become) a friendly community where people can have fun. I'm not excluding myself because I've been stupid as well, but I'm tired of arguing with people, I just wanna talk to my friends and enjoy my time here. As I'm writing this, I've realized that I've started to get mad easily and I've stopped enjoying the fun things in MCSG. Just my thoughts.

TL;DR: Read it, it's not even that long

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
Wait; MCSGV3? Seriously? ._.
In my opinion, MCSG has turned worse. When I used to play, if I died, okay, new game. Now? I die, and people wanna try and get on my nerves just to see me rage. Why can't we try to make friends rather than destroy any possibility at there being one? Same goes for clans. Why don't we ever see "Allies" anymore in clan threads? Because nobody has any! We get so caught up in trying to be the best, that we've forgotten that this was (and I hope will become) a friendly community where people can have fun. I'm not excluding myself because I've been stupid as well, but I'm tired of arguing with people, I just wanna talk to my friends and enjoy my time here. As I'm writing this, I've realized that I've started to get mad easily and I've stopped enjoying the fun things in MCSG. Just my thoughts.

TL;DR: Read it, it's not even that long
Sounds like middle school- Everybody trying to be the cool kid, and what they do to be popular.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Theres no MCSGv3 yet :p i'm just assuming it'll come someday..
I actually don't see one coming anytime soon. There's not a lot of developers currently to work on something of that size, and doing a complete plugin overhaul could turn a lot of people away. Of course, this assuming at it's an MCSGv2 scale project, they kit make something smaller and call it MCSGv3...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci