• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG lately.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel like this matter has already been addressed, but its RIDICULOUS the amount of hackers in the server + major lag lately = horrible gaming experience. You seriously need to take care of the hacker at least, I played 5 games and 3 out of those 5 had hackers in them and I don't think it should be my responsibility to have to record them, I am here to play not to do a mod's job. Also not all of us have gaming computers that run at 150 fps ok? Some of us can't record without the game dropping to 15 fps. I do this because I love the server and want to continue to have fun in it but the makes it almost impossible with all the lag and hackers lately, seriously this needs to be fixed. I know it isn't easy to run a server but I mean, you could always get more mods and be less strict about mod applications , I don't know to be completely honest. But I have seen servers have 'helper' rank, maybe you could add that to MCSG and have a 'helper' in each server to monitor, once again I know it's not easy but it's getting really hard to have fun these days. Maybe it's not a good idea to add a 'helper' rank or be less strict in the mod applications, but my point is that someone needs to do something about this.
You can't be so selfish, at least try to record hackers or poke a mod in team-speak. It really helps if you aid the mods in what they are doing, the community needs to start counteracting what detrimental work the hackers are posing upon this community. You can't expect mods to be in multiple places at once, they are just too busy giving up their spare time to watch over this community. Next time just think about how much work the mods do for you and that maybe you should pay them back in some form or another. Maybe get someone else to record if your FPS drops too low or if required poke a mod in TS. The whole community needs to cooperate an deal with this ever-present threat, *Incoming TESCO slogan* "Every little helps".

Reaction score
It's the Internet. Of course mods can be in multiple places at once and divide their attention at equally sufficient rates between them. Don't baby the staff. They chose to apply; they know their duties (at least I hope they all do). ((Clarification: still be nice to the staff, just don't cut them that much slack.))

It's not that hard to moderate Teamspeak, the MCSG forums, and the MCSG hub simultaneously (or at least the particular lobby of the hub you're currently moderating in).
Ok, now please stop this, may I remind you that moderators are volunteers and to moderate several places all at the same time would be very difficult to do, so please stop accusing the mods of not doing their jobs, if you find a moderator not doing their job then give evidence to a Sr. staff member. Don't reply to this with any sort of argument or flame or this thread will be locked. If you have any problems send me a PM don't continue this here. Thankyou.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Does there need to be a list of banned forum topics? Either that or some sort of magic "Unwatch Posts in XXX forum section" (or an XXX forum sect...nvm)? I've about had it with the amount of whining about hackers. "OMG he's such a hacker! He hit me in my special spot too hard!" "There's so much lag and every server has a cheater or a meanie even when it doesn't lag!" "Hackers cause the server to lag!" (<<< Even though DDoSing is literally one of the only forms of hacking that actually does pose a legitimate threat to server security).

I'm done [w]itching about people who [w]itch now. Just remember to keep the complaints only about other players and always back it up with evidence. General whining about anything is only wasting the community's time unless it's a legitimate (or in some cases illegitimate) problem you're having IRL that the community members can actually give advice about. We can't give you advice or current news on this topic. Have a good day. :)
Why do you have to have such a negative post towards others. If you disagree with him then don't reply to the thread! This is the community corner. People can talk about what they want whenever they want! If you don't like postes like this don't come here. Simple as that!

Ewai

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see hackers every game, but every third or so... But lag? I get lag 5-10 times every game! The game just freezes for a couple of seconds and often in the middle of a fight! I haven't won a single game in weeks!

erickN

Spectator
Reaction score
You can't be so selfish, at least try to record hackers or poke a mod in team-speak. It really helps if you aid the mods in what they are doing, the community needs to start counteracting what detrimental work the hackers are posing upon this community. You can't expect mods to be in multiple places at once, they are just too busy giving up their spare time to watch over this community. Next time just think about how much work the mods do for you and that maybe you should pay them back in some form or another. Maybe get someone else to record if your FPS drops too low or if required poke a mod in TS. The whole community needs to cooperate an deal with this ever-present threat, *Incoming TESCO slogan* "Every little helps".
I already said, if I try to record my game will drop frames dramatically, with all my lag it will be really hard to get a good recording of a hacker, and I go on MCSG to play and have fun not go around chasing a hacker server to server hoping I can get a good recording of them hacking .

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
this happens to me all the time if I play normal sg.

P

PeriLH_

The Sr. Mods are doing the best they can. If they make the Mod Applications any less strict then MCSG would be a mess with Mods abusing their powers. Plus, the "Helper" rank would be very difficult to do considering you would need over 100 for each server and then what would be the point of Moderators. I see where you're coming from, but the Sr Staff is doing the best they can to hire as many new Moderators as possible.

erickN

Spectator
Reaction score
The Sr. Mods are doing the best they can. If they make the Mod Applications any less strict then MCSG would be a mess with Mods abusing their powers. Plus, the "Helper" rank would be very difficult to do considering you would need over 100 for each server and then what would be the point of Moderators. I see where you're coming from, but the Sr Staff is doing the best they can to hire as many new Moderators as possible.
Ahaha, making the Mod Applications less strict wouldn't mess up anything, a lot of MCSG staff is corrupt and abuse powers already, and what happens? Nothing because they are friends with sr.mods so even if they abuse power nothing happens to them. Also, like I said a the end of the original post, implementing the "helper rank" may be a bad idea, I was just trying to get my point across which was something has to be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci