• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG lately.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
70%+ of the "hackers" are really just lag. Lag can appear to be forcefield at times. Also, a large percent of the community likes to blame their death on hackers, just cause they suck, and can't kill the person.
Yeah but that's the major problem. I don't know if someone is constantly DDoSSing MCGamer or something, but MCSG at least once a day will get massive lag for about 20 minutes. I've played other networks such as Hypixel, Hive, and Mineplex and have never experienced this extreme measure of lag. Perhaps MCGamer needs more secure servers?

Ahaha, making the Mod Applications less strict wouldn't mess up anything, a lot of MCSG staff is corrupt and abuse powers already, and what happens? Nothing because they are friends with sr.mods so even if they abuse power nothing happens to them.
Please don't make blunt accusations and rude remarks towards staff. If you know something about staff abusing, feel free to share names and proof. Otherwise you are only spreading rumors and making the staff's job harder than it already is.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
First off, if you cannot record hackers, all you have to do is get on teamspeak, and just poke a mod the name/server/type of hacks and they will try to take care of it.

Only problem with that tho, is depending on what time of day, there aren't too many mods on ts. As of right now, its 9 am eastern standard time, and there are currently 3 mods on teamspeak, and 2 of them are off-duty and "cannot record".

I run into this problem a lot at night, there just aren't as many active mods on teamspeak at night like there use to be.

Jamiie61

Survivor
Reaction score
First off, if you cannot record hackers, all you have to do is get on teamspeak, and just poke a mod the name/server/type of hacks and they will try to take care of it.

Only problem with that tho, is depending on what time of day, there aren't too many mods on ts. As of right now, its 9 am eastern standard time, and there are currently 3 mods on teamspeak, and 2 of them are off-duty and "cannot record".

I run into this problem a lot at night, there just aren't as many active mods on teamspeak at night like there use to be.

Well if this is the case, why don't you poke a fellow 'MCSG' member, if they care about the community as much as you and i do then surely they will jump into a game and record a hacker for you. Obviously if they are not busy.

You need to remember that the moderators aren't the only people keeping the community together, Members are also. You can communicate between you and record together, Maybe you will even find some new people to speak to. There has been many of these topics and to be honest its to much talking and not much action. Like someone posted above "there is 200+ servers there isn't enough staff to cover all of them" so if you work together maybe some action can be taken to reduce the amount of hackers on all of the server but obviously you need to do some work too.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Well if this is the case, why don't you poke a fellow 'MCSG' member, if they care about the community as much as you and i do then surely they will jump into a game and record a hacker for you. Obviously if they are not busy.

You need to remember that the moderators aren't the only people keeping the community together, Members are also. You can communicate between you and record together, Maybe you will even find some new people to speak to. There has been many of these topics and to be honest its to much talking and not much action. Like someone posted above "there is 200+ servers there isn't enough staff to cover all of them" so if you work together maybe some action can be taken to reduce the amount of hackers on all of the server but obviously you need to do some work too.
oh trust me, I do my fair share of recording lol. I still act like I am a moderator.. I go server to server sometimes just looking for hackers on EU. The problem for me isn't recording them, its finding someone to kick them from the game after I get evidence. Kicking/banning just isn't something I can do myself and if there are no mods on teamspeak who can help, then that hacker gets away with it until a mod does come on.

Jamiie61

Survivor
Reaction score
oh trust me, I do my fair share of recording lol. I still act like I am a moderator.. I go server to server sometimes just looking for hackers on EU. The problem for me isn't recording them, its finding someone to kick them from the game after I get evidence. Kicking/banning just isn't something I can do myself and if there are no mods on teamspeak who can help, then that hacker gets away with it until a mod does come on.

Oh don't worry i bet you are doing your fair share. But you need to then report them. Moderators can't just kick players without valid evidence, so once you have recorded them and you are sure there is sufficient evidence there to warrant out a ban, Report the player.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I feel like this matter has already been addressed, but its RIDICULOUS the amount of hackers in the server + major lag lately = horrible gaming experience. You seriously need to take care of the hacker at least, I played 5 games and 3 out of those 5 had hackers in them and I don't think it should be my responsibility to have to record them, I am here to play not to do a mod's job. Also not all of us have gaming computers that run at 150 fps ok? Some of us can't record without the game dropping to 15 fps. I do this because I love the server and want to continue to have fun in it but the makes it almost impossible with all the lag and hackers lately, seriously this needs to be fixed. I know it isn't easy to run a server but I mean, you could always get more mods and be less strict about mod applications , I don't know to be completely honest. But I have seen servers have 'helper' rank, maybe you could add that to MCSG and have a 'helper' in each server to monitor, once again I know it's not easy but it's getting really hard to have fun these days. Maybe it's not a good idea to add a 'helper' rank or be less strict in the mod applications, but my point is that someone needs to do something about this.
First, if we were less strict in mod applications this would cause a lot of mods joining the staff team that cannot do their job properly. This would just cause more bad than good if the mod apps were less strict.

On your point of you do not have a gaming pc so you cannot record. That is not a excuse, I play on a laptop and I am a mod so as you would presume I record a lot. You do not need to record a whole game to catch a hacker, you can simply press a hot key while playing and record for 15 seconds or what ever to gather solid evidence that is all that is needed.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Before I begin I'm going to share a few statistics with you.

• 2,215,836 unique players have logged into our servers.
  • 2,410 new players have joined in the past 24 hours.
  • 57,785 players have played 12,741 games over the past 24 hours.

With only a little over 100 staff its hard to catch every single hacker. New ones come every day. As a member of the community who quote on quote cares for the servers, you would try make an effort in helping us catch the hackers instead of saying that we aren't doing our jobs. We too have lives but some of us, including myself, stay up late hours trying to keep things running smoothly here.

Please look at it from our point of view.

Last edited:

Jamiie61

Survivor
Reaction score
Before I begin I'm going to share a few statistics with you.

• 2,215,836 unique player have logged into our servers.
  • 2,410 new players have joined in the past 24 hours.
  • 57,785 players have played 12,741 games over the past 24 hours.

With only a little over 100 staff its hard to catch every single hacker. New ones come every day. As a member of the community who quote on quote cares for the servers, you would try make an effort in helping us catch the hackers instead of saying that we aren't doing our jobs. We too have lives but some of us, including myself, stay up late hours trying to keep things running smoothly here.

Please look at it from our point of view.
^^^^ Dis Exactly! Well said.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
I am going to lock this thread as I can see it doing no help but starting arguments and flame wars between each other.

To sum this up.
  • The devs are working on the lag experienced in EU at the moment.
  • The mods are trying to do the best they can, you can help to by recording them with software such as bandicam or fraps. Or download teamspeak 3 and poke a mod, that is always the best way to contact a mod as 99% of the time there is a mod on line.
  • Mod applications are open and we are trying to hire new staff at the moment, if you would like to help out feel free to apply.
  • If you have a problem with a moderator contact a member of sr staff and they will deal with it.
Thread locked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci