• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG, The Struggle, What Else to Do?

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys, it is your main hunty, TotalDramaTony aka Tony, and I wanted to make this thread to start some convo with all of you forum boo boos!

Recently, I have come off my long leave, and started playing sg a little more, and I'm getting back to MC. As I was playing SG, I realized how bad I was, and how much my skills and overall activity has changed ever since 2013. Like I used to play sg from 10am to 6am, like I was crazy, now it is such a struggle. I am more involved in a staff position and have college now, so that might explain why I don't play as much, but I wanted to ask you guys. Are y'all the same way? Is it MCGamer from sun up to sundown, and what do you guys love/find interest in MCGamer? I know some of you are Forum people, TS people, and of course in-game, but what do you guys find the most interesting about MCGamer? Share some ideas with me, and maybe me and some of other community members can find cooler places to chill and have fun in MCGamer, like places withing MCGamer we may not know about. Like SG is great, but I always wanted to know what else does the community love. So, what do you guys love?

Last edited:

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
Well MCSG has gotten boring for me lately, but whenever I'm bored I just tune it up.

http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/mcsg-challenges.39754/

Do some challenges to make things fun again, also what I find is fun is to play with friends. Just play ffa's or 2v2's with a clan or something (clans is also another thing).

Don't only play MCSG, play some other mini game servers.

I love doing 1v1 servers, mini game servers, and eventually when I'm bored of PvP i like to play survival servers.

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
Hai Tony boo, nice little thread you made there :)

As you say, for me it's MCGamer from sun up to sundown. More in the manner of doing things within the staff team, instead of playing. Since I'm staff member I'm not too good at SG anymore, especially when I got offered Sr.Mod my SG activity and PvP skill went totally down :p

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
omg guys, I meant like what else do you love about MCGamer xD not what else you love about Minecraft lol, but I appreciate the responses regardless! And hey, maybe some of these things you guys do elsewhere we can bring to MCGamer! I would love 1v1's on MCGamer for example!

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey guys, it is your main hunty, TotalDramaTony aka Tony, and I wanted to make this thread to start some convo with all of you forum boo boos!

Recently, I have come off my long leave, and started playing sg a little more, and I'm getting back to MC. As I was playing SG, I realized how bad I was, and how much my skills and overall activity has changed ever since 2013. Like I used to play sg from 10am to 6am, like I was crazy, now it is such a struggle. I am more involved in a staff position and have college now, so that might explain why I don't play as much, but I wanted to ask you guys. Are y'all the same way? Is it MCGamer from sun up to sundown, and what do you guys love/find interest in MCGamer? I know some of you are Forum people, TS people, and of course in-game, but what do you guys find the most interesting about MCGamer? Share some ideas with me, and maybe me and some of other community members can find cooler places to chill and have fun. Like SG is great, but I always wanted to know what else does the community love. So, what do you guys love?
I find that I like to play MCSG/MCGamer from Sun Up to Sun Down because it fun to play and very addicting. Even though I have school and exams, I still like to come on the Forums and In Game to play and much around with people and just talk with people on different threads. I find that Clans and The Community are the most interesting because you get to meet new people and become friends or enemies. (Mostly Friends).

MrMets

Experienced
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed events more than anything. Events give people the opportunity to show the community what they have and in my opinion that means more to me than a couple of wins any day. But, that's what makes our community so great. There are things for everyone to enjoy!

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What I love about this place is the memories. I also love the people I have meet because of here. I might not have much to love about now a days within the community but I do respect it.

My list of what I loved is a long one. I loved being able to talk to anyone, not being judged. Not being trolled. Just being able to play a game with random strangers, getting to know people around the world with a common interest. I loved being able to have a decent convo in the hub. I loved seeing interesting threads in the community corner, that would be a longer read than most.

Yes I rather play either other game modes on other networks more than sg as of late. Sg just gets boring after over two years of having people running around getting chests, the same things in the chest for over two years. It is still the same strategy for the longest time on how to win. Same difficulties. It just gets boring. Also I've been into mod packs for some time, just to change things once in a while.

Do I think this a great community? Sometimes. Things change, people change, you can't help for either of those from happening. Just have to grow with the change. I just hope people who are still playing on the network are at least having fun. If you aren't having fun, and are only here for the competitive-ness, try to have some fun, don't always take the game serious. You have your whole life to be serious, just enjoy your time while on here, either in game, forums, teamspeak, etc.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
omg guys, I meant like what else do you love about MCGamer xD not what else you love about Minecraft lol, but I appreciate the responses regardless! And hey, maybe some of these things you guys do elsewhere we can bring to MCGamer! I would love 1v1's on MCGamer for example!
I love Tony! :b
Yeah, I would like to see some practise PvP gamemodes , like 1vs1, 2vs2 etc. where we can practise for Survival Games and have fun. And I've always enjoyed events like Valentines Event and Summer Event . It'd be great to organise Christmas Event as well. That's enough from me . Amazing thread as always.

William

District 13
Reaction score
I mean, I probably won't enjoy is as much as when only SG1 and SG2 was playable on the server but I still enjoy playing MCGamer. After I came back from my break I've been a lot more active on both the Teamspeak and here on the forums! So now there isn't only the server I love, but meeting new people on the TS or helping out people on the forums also :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci