• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG - Unfair Ban Sistem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
Whether or not you think our rules are fair or not, you play on the network, and communicate on the forums - therefore you are subject to punishment according to our rules.

Next time, your brother should read the rules before he decides to break them - as with anyone.

antojeez

Survivor
Reaction score
Whether or not you think our rules are fair or not, you play on the network, and communicate on the forums - therefore you are subject to punishment according to our rules.

Next time, your brother should read the rules before he decides to break them - as with anyone.
It's a block game... go outside and buy a new life... you're eating, sleeping and playing in minecraft

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
It's a block game... go outside and buy a new life... you're eating, sleeping and playing in minecraft
Fun fact: Resorting to attacking an opponent themselves instead of their position is known as Ad Hominem, and is a logical fallacy that can fundamentally harm your position in an argument. I'd highly suggest re-evaluating your previous statement.

antojeez

Survivor
Reaction score
Fun fact: Resorting to attacking an opponent themselves instead of their position is known as Ad Hominem, and is a logical fallacy that can fundamentally harm your position in an argument. I'd highly suggest re-evaluating your previous statement.
It's an -snip- game. Why are those rules so strict? I would not start crying for an GAME. I wanted to ask him if he has a girlfriend but I already know the answer. And about his position.. I don't care about his position.. He could be ChadTheDj .. Idc

Last edited by a moderator:

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
It's an f*cking game. Why are those rules so strict? I would not start crying for an GAME. I wanted to ask him if he has a girlfriend but I already know the answer. And about his position.. I don't care about his position.. He could be ChadTheDj .. Idc
Ok, so this is minutely better. "Why are the rules so strict?" That is fundamentally your argument. Your issue is not with the person in question. Your issue is with the rules. Secondly, when I say position, I mean the Affirmative or Opposed sides in a debate. In this case, you are the Opposed side and the others are the Affirmative side. You are opposing the strict rule set. It's debate terminology, so I apologize if you did not understand my meaning.

As for your actual argument, I cannot disagree more. This server is a business in the barest sense. Like any business there is a code of conduct, or set of rules, that must be followed to continue using the business' services. Banning someone here, is much akin to throwing a Trouble Customer out of a business. As like most businesses, people will often use these services without paying much attention to the code of conduct. And that's fine, as common sense and a small bit of restraint can keep a person in line with the rules. There are however people who don't know where that social boundary between breaking the rules and keeping them lays.

While it is true that Minecraft is just a game, and MCGamer is a server within said game, the staff positions here are considered positions or power. This wraps back to my business allegory. The staff here are the employees of this company. They are most similar to the security of this business. They are there to make sure people stay in line with the code of conduct and to punish those who don't.

While you may not cry over this game, neither do they. Every rule was written because of an event. It's like those stupidly obvious "Make sure to wear protective gear" on heavy machinery. It may be obvious, but it's there to show that the manufacturer is not liable for stupid people. The rules are here for a very similar reason. They are here to protect the server and its users from stupid people.

It's as fundamentally simple as that.

Lastly, I'll dissect your last post again:
It's an -snip- game.
Bad language does not make for a good argument. I know you're angry. But it's better to calm down, do some research on the topic, and make an intelligent post.
I wanted to ask him if he has a girlfriend but I already know the answer
Ad Hominem again. The main issue with this is the assumption that having a significant other somehow makes him more valid as a person. It has nothing to do with the argument. In my own opinion, maintaining a position such as moderator, especially on this server which has extremely high expectations for staff, is more rewarding in the long run. This can go on a resume and can be used in the future as proof of your work ethic and skills. Having a girlfriend does none of those things.
I don't care about his position.. He could be ChadTheDj .. Idc
This is just disappointing on a personal level to me. This shows an unequivocal lack of respect for staff. People who treat employees like this are usually the people whoa re thrown out.

Last edited by a moderator:

antojeez

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok, so this is minutely better. "Why are the rules so strict?" That is fundamentally your argument. Your issue is not with the person in question. Your issue is with the rules. Secondly, when I say position, I mean the Affirmative or Opposed sides in a debate. In this case, you are the Opposed side and the others are the Affirmative side. You are opposing the strict rule set. It's debate terminology, so I apologize if you did not understand my meaning.

As for your actual argument, I cannot disagree more. This server is a business in the barest sense. Like any business there is a code of conduct, or set of rules, that must be followed to continue using the business' services. Banning someone here, is much akin to throwing a Trouble Customer out of a business. As like most businesses, people will often use these services without paying much attention to the code of conduct. And that's fine, as common sense and a small bit of restraint can keep a person in line with the rules. There are however people who don't know where that social boundary between breaking the rules and keeping them lays.

While it is true that Minecraft is just a game, and MCGamer is a server within said game, the staff positions here are considered positions or power. This wraps back to my business allegory. The staff here are the employees of this company. They are most similar to the security of this business. They are there to make sure people stay in line with the code of conduct and to punish those who don't.

While you may not cry over this game, neither do they. Every rule was written because of an event. It's like those stupidly obvious "Make sure to wear protective gear" on heavy machinery. It may be obvious, but it's there to show that the manufacturer is not liable for stupid people. The rules are here for a very similar reason. They are here to protect the server and its users from stupid people.

It's as fundamentally simple as that.

Lastly, I'll dissect your last post again:
Bad language does not make for a good argument. I know you're angry. But it's better to calm down, do some research on the topic, and make an intelligent post.

Ad Hominem again. The main issue with this is the assumption that having a significant other somehow makes him more valid as a person. It has nothing to do with the argument. In my own opinion, maintaining a position such as moderator, especially on this server which has extremely high expectations for staff, is more rewarding in the long run. This can go on a resume and can be used in the future as proof of your work ethic and skills. Having a girlfriend does none of those things.

This is just disappointing on a personal level to me. This shows an unequivocal lack of respect for staff. People who treat employees like this are usually the people whoa re thrown out.
Wow you spend like half an hour to write all this and all this for my shitty post.. I don't want to be rude with you or anyone but I have to tell you that you're smart enoungh to realize that most of the Mods are not punishing players according to the rules or something like this... Actually a lot of staff members are abusing the server bugs or hacking or something that's against the rules... You know that... I know you we're an staff member , actually I think you unbanned me on my old platinum account and I was very thankfull but that doesn't matter now.
Anyways , even Chad is not respecting the rules... He made this server ONLY for money and a lot of players or all players know that.. Now , he's rich and he don't give a bunnies about this servers..

Sorry for my old comments , i was very angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci