• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Microsoft buys Minecraft for 2.5 billion dollars ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
I largely agree with your post, however I am curious:
Do you blame the top guys at microsoft for doing what they do? The primary goal of a business is to generate as much money as possible. As such, they're doing what's to be expected. Let's say you were in their shoes...maybe you wouldn't be as money hungry, but I'm sure money would have a large influence in your decisions.

Just curious, not saying anything you said is wrong, as I agree with a lot of it. :p
Oh, honestly, not at all. I love money, which is why I aspire to own a large business one day. Businesses and business owners should want to earn money, as that is what keeps the whole process going. But when it comes to videogames, there needs to be a very strong passion and legitimate interest coming from the owners and developers who are backing/working on the project. If the sole goal of a video game company is to only make a lot of cash from their game, then odds are, it'll turn out to be a pretty shotty and half-assed game. This is what we are seeing as of the past few years when it comes to the mainstream games and what we are seeing with most of them. Sequels, sequels, and more sequels, but once in a while a true gem does come along that is usually created by a smaller gaming studio. Then that studio is eventually bought by one of the large corporations, and while it is true that the studio is still the same name, and it might even retain the same workers, their entire way of work is generally changed into what the larger corporation wants.

The best games are usually created by the guys who haven't had that taste of success yet, and crave it like no other. While I don't blame the big corporations at all for wanting to make as much money as possible (again, I'm a big fan of money), I have a lot of animosity towards the big video game corporations due to their blatant half-assed methods in the past half decade.

JayDGames

Survivor
Reaction score
Truly I don't know about all of this. It seems like it could go both ways, it could be bad and be terrible or it might be made better with a few new changes we might like.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally I think its for the best , with a giant like Microsoft now backing minecraft I think things will only get better.

Firejeremy10

Spectator
Reaction score
Get ready to pay for diamonds and get ready to have rounded edges. The Minecraft Developers didn't really create new things, the community gave them ideas and the developers added them in the game! Now even if the developers like your idea it's up to Microsoft whether they like it or not. This situation got rid of 3 developers I believe. Minecraft is not going to be any fun anymore. Well GG.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Get ready to pay for diamonds and get ready to have rounded edges. The Minecraft Developers didn't really create new things, the community gave them ideas and the developers added them in the game! Now even if the developers like your idea it's up to Microsoft whether they like it or not. This situation got rid of 3 developers I believe. Minecraft is not going to be any fun anymore. Well GG.
The team that actually does anything on the game didn't leave. Microsoft isn't going to change stuff existing in the game solely for the purpose of blowing $2.5 billion. You're basically saying the game is automatically going to cease to be fun now just because.

Posts like this that have no grounding at all and kinda tick me off. It's just not a reasonable concept.

DrAnomaly

Spectator
Reaction score
Hopefully they take out the minecraft realms shiz and add dedicated servers for freeee like they did with xbox :DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci