• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Microsoft to buy Mojang, the creators of Minecraft. Your thoughts?

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
So, as you can tell from the title, Microsoft is planning to buy Mojang, the creators of Minecraft. There have been multiple articles about this topic as you can find just by searching "Minecraft". So, I'd like for this thread to be a discussion thread about the whole topic. Judging from feedback, this has been a very controversial choice and I can see why. If anyone would like to read the article, it's right here:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/microsoft-near-deal-to-buy-minecraft-1410300213

I will be posting my thoughts on this shortly.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I would assume that Microsoft has intentions to greatly expand Mojang if they plan to buy them. Also all of their future games will probably be Xbox exclusive :/

ThatFuryFellow

Platinum
Reaction score
No no no no no. Mojang has made around $423,000,000 from Minecraft. They best not do this. Microsoft would make Minecraft terrible. Just sayin

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
I'm sure Microsoft will do great things with MC, its like Disney buying out Star wars. Episode 7 is probably gonna be the best yet.

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
The fact is if and when Microsoft buys Mojang, Mojang will still be an independent company. They will continue to function on their own until Microsoft tells them to do something. It's like Sims. You own the Sims, but they still do stuff on their own.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I just hope Microsoft is understanding with Youtube monetization, as long as it's allowed I'm not really worried.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
OMG!

If you want to think of wether this would be good or not for Mojang, just remember what was or Rareware once it was purchaced by Microsoft :eek:
By the odd chance you might have not heard about Rareware, that just proves my point even further.

I might be being dramatic... but what they did to Rare killed my trust for Microsoft... or at least its one of the things that did the most...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci