• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Microsoft VS Apple! Which is better?

Which is better?

• Apple

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 35 54.7%

• Total voters

Saimo

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not one of those guys who buys the new iPhone every year, I'm still walking around with my iPhone 3gs, which is around 60 dollars now I think.
I have it too, it's the most laggy phone i never see, I just can call without lag.

(my friend bought it for me, i'm not stupid to buy an iphone).

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
Fun fact: most other smartphones are also of comparable cost. The iPhone 6 is not $350 - it's actually closer to $700, but you simply pay the rest of the price through your contract - same with other expensive smartphones.
Not my Nexus 5 :p

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
Exact opposite to Android with tons of people I know.. It's just what has happened and what hasn't what changes people's opinions.

Did I say that? Most people consider apple as a good quality product, not better. I never said better. I think both have their ups and downs, I just find it many people prefer Apple, for one because they aren't aggressive competitors. Okay I'm done with this thread, I honestly hate these type of threads because of remarks like
The only reason why people think Apple is a "quality brand" is because of marketing and the price. Not because of a better product; most of the time the competitor is better lol

And Apple not being competitive? Remember those Mac vs. PC commercials? xD

average_name

Career
Reaction score
the new iphones have added to the android-apple war, not really microsoft (unless you're arguing for windows phone i guess)
but I prefer android, the only reason I can see in favor of apple is that the OS is smoother and easier to use, and usually apps update on the app store before the google play store. But still, android ftw. Many more hardware options and waaaay more customizability. Yes, apple made smartphones a thing, but android is better choice imo. One thing that apple does do best is advertising lol

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
You're also paying for the name.
Porches Lambos and Ferraries are alike but they cost a lot of money since you're also paying for the name
So basically it can cost double the price it should just because it has an Apple logo. #Logic

average_name

Career
Reaction score
So basically it can cost double the price it should just because it has an Apple logo. #Logic
only special thing about apple is the software
Although because apple has good advertising and a lot of people have iphones, it is an easy choice to go with

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
"Windows 8 can be found on about 14 percent of all PCs currently running Windows. But with an overall market share of about 1.5 billion, Windows PCs represent nearly 91 percent of all computers in use worldwide. In simple terms, that means that Windows 8, widely considered a “failure” by critics and competitors, is in use on about 210 million PCs worldwide. That’s more than 5 times the install base of Mavericks, and more than 2.5 times the install base of every Mac currently in use.

It’s also worth noting that Windows maintains this lead even though it doesn’t share OS X Mavericks’ “free” price point."

Source:
http://www.tekrevue.com/windows-8-outpaces-os-x-mavericks/

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
Here's the thing. IPhones aren't too bad but they have flaws. IOS is terrible, its level of security is terrible, and they break too easily. Even with these things, it's their best unit of products. Preferable options are Samsung and Nokia. On to other things they've done, everyone else has done better
IPad? Kindle Fire HDX is 1/2 the price and almost identical speed, more secure store, and better for reading on. Only downside is less variety in the Appstore and music store.
Ipod? Who needs one anyways? Just get a phone, tablet, or MP3 player. Less money proportionally and more functions.
Mac? ...no explanation needed I'd be better off gaming on a loaf of bread
All operating systems? Who charges 100$ for an operating system that is terrible anyways? Windows and Linux 4 life
Earbuds? Nothing special. They're good but overpriced
Mice and keyboards? They suck ass go for Razer or Logitech.
Anything I haven't covered?...hmm..
Ah yes!
The customer service for God's sakes... Microsoft customer service is incredibly efficient (needless to say Americans have a tendency to have a lesser work ethic than that of an Indian. I don't mean to sound racist but tell me I'm wrong.) I could ask an Apple "genius" to spell genius and he'd have to Google it just like every other question they're asked.
Apple is terrible.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Such a no-no thread.

Personally, I go Apple all the way. I've used Apple always.
this is a comment someone left on 9gag about apple: http://gyazo.com/bfe96d0c4aa375474dfde1bde42daf67

That is why I continue to buy Apple. Whether the upgrades are minimal, I can always expect quality. Apple is reliable, users from Windows can easily adapt to OS X and those are the intentions from Apple.

"be different'
they say. Their legacy, ever since Steve Jobs is to be different —and thats why Apple has contributed a lot to today's technology. The iPhone was the phone that changed phones. Before iPhone, no multi-touch screens. Before Apple, no iPods —or music players as advanced as the iPod was.
I think Steve Jobs is really inspirational. He really made a different.

Apple products are seamless on their design. they're also very focused with the environment and try to make a difference so its easier to recycle their products —in fact, whenever a new iPhone comes out, and you're going to change your iPhone for the new one, you can bring your old iPhone on At&t and other carriers and they will recycle your iPhone, plus give you a discount on the new iPhone for it.
iPhone, Mac and all the products from Apple, connect with each other. Thats one of the reasons why I continue with Apple, because of the link iPhones or any other devices have with Mac and Mac with them.
Also, Apple now gives upgrades to their newest Operative Systems for free via the App Store*1

On the other hand, yes, its true. Apple, might be reliable, easy-to-use, different, however Windows has its cons too. Theres definitely more applications for Windows, specially on the gaming category.
I give this one to Windows. Definitely windows was made for gaming —however, Apple doesn't stays that behind; For Apple, their most expensive models usually work for gaming, just install Windows on bootcamp and you can play games easily.

I think Apple is better, its different.
Although, yes, Windows is better for gaming.

Apple gives me more reasons to continue buying their products, hence I think Apple is better.

*1 Pointing this out because I saw some comments saying the OS was too expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci