• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Microsoft VS Apple! Which is better?

Which is better?

• Apple

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 35 54.7%

• Total voters

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
It seems that Apple fans hate Microsoft and Microsoft fans hate Apple. With the release if the two new Iphones it seems they are getting more competitive.
My question to you is which do you think is better and why?

lol well, minecraft was just recently BOUGHT by Microsoft, so you might wanna get used to it xD

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
I prefer Windows desktops and Mac laptops. Honestly, the last Windows laptop I got was absolute garbage. The trackpad was imprecise, the OS install was loaded with junk (A note to PC manufacturers: We don't want this crap preinstalled), the battery life was abysmal, and the thing just felt clunky and cheaply made. My Macbook blows it out of the water for all the simple tasks that most laptops are designed for, like word processing, web browsing, email, etc. And the design is perfectly suited for a laptop. Granted, my last Windows laptop was in 2009, so maybe things have changed since then.

That said, no mac desktop can come close to beating the gaming PC I built for a much cheaper price. If you're getting a desktop, go PC, because Apple desktops use slower laptop parts to fit into that ultra-slim design, and you can't upgrade them (which is a lot more important for a desktop). Seems kind of pointless to shrink the design of a machine designed to sit at your desk for years on end using all the power you can throw at it, unless you have the smallest/messiest desk space ever. Sure there's the Mac Pro, but that thing's way too expensive for most people.

I think that Apple and Microsoft computers both have their uses for completely different setups. A lot of the complaints about Apple that I've seen don't really bother me when it comes to laptops, but are dealbreakers when it comes to desktops. Sure they're more expensive, but unlike desktops, the cheaper ones are noticeably worse, and not just power-wise. Upgrading parts? Not happening on most laptops. Games? Most laptops suck at that, unless you get a gaming laptop (which, btw, are around the price of a Macbook Pro anyways), and even then you're eating up a ton of battery life when gaming.

emal2012

Survivor
Reaction score
If Apple changed their logo
TQAOVkU.jpg

You'll crap yourself when you see it

Last edited:

Teku3O

Career
Reaction score
The only reason why people think Apple is a "quality brand" is because of marketing and the price. Not because of a better product; most of the time the competitor is better lol

And Apple not being competitive? Remember those Mac vs. PC commercials? xD
If the competitor would be better than Apple, why would they make those pathetic adverts? Like, no offence, but the Apple and Mac commercials portrayed a sense of humour, but these Android ones are just aggressive and desperate, trying to use anything against Apple to bring customers to themselves. Thats the worst possible and most sad way to compete (okay i laughed at how pathetic they were) but Android just don't have it worked out as well as Apple.
Im done with arguing with you. Nothing more needs to be said.

Fun fact: Apple is worth more than Microsoft and Intel put together.

Do remember I'm talking about iMac's and PC's not phones, I prefer Apple in phones.
Oh okay, I do prefer Windows 7 PCs, but my mother has had a Mac since 2009-10, and it has never crashed (unlike our windows pc, all the time) she does graphic editing so she has literally thousands of files on her Mac, it runs as smoothly as the day she got it. (Apart from Safari for some reason,) but chrome fixes that, so IDK man. Ive also heard a lot of good things about apple laptops.

I also feel like this thread is ripping the community apart more than anything :p

TouchDeath1

Survivor
Reaction score
This debate very much depends on many factors.
1.) the consumer use, and opionions (neg. / pos.)
2.) Advertisement (does it get popular?)
3.) Simplicity (Is it easy to use?) Not always good to be simple.
-
From those 3 factors I would say that...
Mac:
+ Very easy to use, Simply design for OS X desktop.
Slim, light macbooks. Modern design and all purpose use.
Good for casual and on the go.
Virus free OS-X
- EXPENSIVE macbooks go from 1.3k with retina. Desktops range $1800-2800 (dollars)
Not too well for gaming
Hard to reconstruct and build own mac
Consumer peer pressure
Microsoft:
+ Better CPU's
smoother FPS and complex design
Strong Core (lasts longer but remember to clean your pc!)
Good editing softwares, complex art and function
-
Hard to setup
Complex and difficult to use
Overheats and gets many viruses
Additional costs to your CPU
At the end: I wish Microsoft could be as simple as mac in editing, but it cant because its very complex and heavy duty for the harder jobs. I would choose Microsoft at the end, but it is a very hard choice if it wasnt gaming wise.

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
If the competitor would be better than Apple, why would they make those pathetic adverts? Like, no offence, but the Apple and Mac commercials portrayed a sense of humour, but these Android ones are just aggressive and desperate, trying to use anything against Apple to bring customers to themselves. Thats the worst possible and most sad way to compete (okay i laughed at how pathetic they were) but Android just don't have it worked out as well as Apple.
Im done with arguing with you. Nothing more needs to be said.
So it's okay to completely bash your competitors as long as you make some kind of joke? That's like saying bullying is okay if you "joke" with the victim...

TheMaskedDomo

Experienced
Reaction score
Also Apple Makes double the money then Windows a year. I also believe apple made more money then, Google, Windows, and another company put together.

ThePsychoSpyder

Quantum
Reaction score
Apple is easier to use, the GUI is better and overall the OS looks completely amazing. It may not be the best for gaming, but it's great for anything else. Apple is the second most valuable brand in the world (Google overtook Apple recently).

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
lol well, minecraft was just recently BOUGHT by Microsoft, so you might wanna get used to it xD
I dont think it will affect macs. Minecraft will still be available on all platforms.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
"be different' they say. Their legacy, ever since Steve Jobs is to be different —and thats why Apple has contributed a lot to today's technology. The iPhone was the phone that changed phones. Before iPhone, no multi-touch screens. Before Apple, no iPods —or music players as advanced as the iPod was.
I think Steve Jobs is really inspirational. He really made a different.

iPhone, Mac and all the products from Apple, connect with each other. Thats one of the reasons why I continue with Apple, because of the link iPhones or any other devices have with Mac and Mac with them.
Also, Apple now gives upgrades to their newest Operative Systems for free via the App Store*1

On the other hand, yes, its true. Apple, might be reliable, easy-to-use, different, however Windows has its cons too. Theres definitely more applications for Windows, specially on the gaming category.
I give this one to Windows. Definitely windows was made for gaming —however, Apple doesn't stays that behind; For Apple, their most expensive models usually work for gaming, just install Windows on bootcamp and you can play games easily.
1) Most of the technology Apple use in their phones, were made and released years before them. Fingerprint lock on the iPhone 5? Yeah, that was released years ago. The only reason Apple succeeded is because they advertised a lot better.
Multi-task...... One of the important features a device needed, they didn't release it until much later, while other companies had it.

2) "nice link between Mac and phone" nope, iTunes is horrible to use. Not user friendly.

3) it is far over priced to pay for a high quality Mac, just to hope that bootcamp will work and can run windows fine.

The thread is pointless, it's just like the PC vs. Console war. You've got proud console owner who say they are better, then you've got the master race who know they are better. But no one will agree with each other. Same with this, Apple fan boys saying "we are better, we pay much so we are better" then we got the windows guys "we are better, we pay less and get much more power and features."

Oh and to the guy who said Apple doesn't get viruses, sorry, but they do. *cough* the fappening *cough* yeah, PC gets them, but sure as heck can fight it. Oh and its far more easier to fix a windows product than Apple

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci