• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Middle East and Africa MCSG servers

Would you like MENA MCSG servers added soon?

• Total voters

hammadiby

Tribute
Reaction score
There are a lot of people located in the Middle East and Africa region who choose to play on the MCSG server sets, myself being one. I prefer playing on the EU servers because they are the closest and offer the best connection but even though I have a high-speed Internet connection (60 down, 15 up) I still experience a lot of lag at times. That is why I think it is extremely necessary and beneficial to add MENA servers for the hundreds of people like me. There are many great hosts in the region and if you would like, I can link you their websites. This move would also make many people switch from the Hive to MCSG seeing that many middle easterners play on the hive (at least 5-10 in each game) most are donors. Thank you for your time and I do hope that you take my suggestion into consideration.

Some screenshots of a few Middle Easterners in the **** (You know which server I'm talking about, I just don't want to mention the name to advertise it) proving that many people in the MENA region do in fact play mine craft survival games just on a different server

Out of 50 players, 15 were Arabs, who knows there could be more. 15/50 not bad at all. 30% of the players.

2013-06-25_13.20.42.png
2013-06-25_13.35.27.png
2013-06-25_15.16.24.png

Attachments

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is enough demand from people in the region to warrant a whole separate server.

Chad and the devs monitor traffic from countries, so if there is enough demand they may consider it. But there has to be a large number of people from that region.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't recall too many players from that location playing. If we were to add these servers, they would probably become ghost towns like the AU ones as just not enough people live there.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
I don't recall too many players from that location playing. If we were to add these servers, they would probably become ghost towns like the AU ones as just not enough people live there.
I've never seen an AU server with not enough people to start o_O so I'm not sure what you mean by a ghost town. AS, yes. xP

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I've never seen an AU server with not enough people to start o_O so I'm not sure what you mean by a ghost town. AS, yes. xP
Well, later at night typically...
And 2/3 complain about lag, telling me they're just US / EU non donors trying to get in easier

hammadiby

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, I agree not a whole bunch of people from the region play MCSG, but I guarantee that back when I was playing on the Hive, I ran into at least 5-10 people who said they were from the region (Israelis, Arabs, Africans...). Plus, definitely don't recommend 50 servers or a huge amount, 6-12 servers would be more than enough.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, I agree not a whole bunch of people from the region play MCSG, but I guarantee that back when I was playing on the Hive, I ran into at least 5-10 people who said they were from the region (Israelis, Arabs, Africans...). Plus, definitely don't recommend 50 servers or a huge amount, 6-12 servers would be more than enough.
You have to understand that servers like these can cost boo-koo bucks. And with only a small number of people who would play on them: it isn't really worth it.

L

Lululioness

As quoted from Wikipedia
about 13.5% of African population has Internet access.[6] While Africa accounts for 15.0% of the world's population, only 6.2% of the World's Internet subscribers are Africans.[7] Africans who have access to broadband connections are estimated to be in percentage of 1% or lower.[4][8] In September 2007, African broadband subscribers were 1,097,200, with a major part of these subscriptions from large companies or institutions.[8]

SaudiAssassin

Survivor
Reaction score
As quoted from Wikipedia
about 13.5% of African population has Internet access.[6] While Africa accounts for 15.0% of the world's population, only 6.2% of the World's Internet subscribers are Africans.[7] Africans who have access to broadband connections are estimated to be in percentage of 1% or lower.[4][8] In September 2007, African broadband subscribers were 1,097,200, with a major part of these subscriptions from large companies or institutions.[8]
Well there is some truth in lots of Arab playing on the hive I know that because im arabic but not that many arabs play MCSG.

It would only be worth it to make servers in the middle east if half the arabs on the hive play here.

hammadiby

Tribute
Reaction score
As quoted from Wikipedia
I am talking about people from North Africa (Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, etc..) and people from South Africa, not people from Nigeria, Kenya, and other poor countries. I can tell you that when I used to play on the Hive back then, I used to encounter 5-10 arabs in each game, no exaggeration whatsoever.

hammadiby

Tribute
Reaction score
You have to understand that servers like these can cost boo-koo bucks. And with only a small number of people who would play on them: it isn't really worth it.
Like I stated earlier, even 6-12 servers would be more than enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci