• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft 1.6.1 Update Status

Acezmadnezz1

Tribute
Reaction score
Acezmadnezz1, we had updates in the past where we told people to say on the older version. That was a nightmare because everyone updated pretty much and teaching people to downgrade was impossible. Mojang has pushed a few updates already and we only assume fixes will come out in a matter of days.
I understand that, but in this case the way to downgrade is incredibly easy and since the problem this time is much more severe it seems I feel it makes more sense and would be more efficient.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ChadTheDJ Is it true that MCSG has their own server side program? As far as I knew You use spigot but people told me otherwise.

Modified and optimized, but yes basically it is spigot.

I understand that, but in this case the way to downgrade is incredibly easy and since the problem this time is much more severe it seems I feel it makes more sense and would be more efficient.
Like I said, give it time. As I am looking at the servers page, 2,700 people are logged in with 1.6, so it seems to be working ok for them.

updates... BADD Jk
1 step forward, 3 steps back.

Acezmadnezz1

Tribute
Reaction score
Like I said, give it time. As I am looking at the servers page, 2,700 people are logged in with 1.6, so it seems to be working ok for them.

ARGH! I guess you're right, although 2,700 out of the 20,000 or so active players is quite a small number.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the leaderboard DOES contain over 100,000 people, so if you think about it there must be at least 10,000 active members.

You're seeing how many people who are online now and not within a given day. MCSG sees way more than that a day on our servers/website. Not everyone will update right away but we are still seeing majority of our players doing it.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
  • Sprint is delayed based on your latency to the server. This appears to be a 1.6 multiplayer issue. EDIT: Confirmed to be an issue with 1.6 multiplayer; we're seeing this even on the vanilla 1.6.1 server.

Please, please tell me that this is a fail on Mojangs part when trying to fix the wobble sprint thing...(which in every update prior to 1.6 effected you worse the worse your latency to the server.)

Acezmadnezz1

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes, but also a majority of players either didn't update or downgraded again because of lag, especially since downgrading is easy for everyone, either do it through the launcher if u don't lag, or do it by using the old launcher. Just a thought, I just wanted to put across what seems like the view of a lot of MCSG fans and common players.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci