• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderating System

Do you agree with this system?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was told that moderators have to share reports of abusive players. I'm just making this thread to see who agrees and disagrees with this system.

My opinion: Because of this system, players have had to suffer to hackers (ect.) for a longer period of time. I've been making several reports but the same dedicated moderators are on, and unfortunately, they've reached their limits of report moderation for the day. The reason for this system was so moderators could all have a chance to check reports. I don't think that's how it should work. I think moderators who check the most reports should be rewarded instead of being called someone who 'hogs' reports. If other moderators can't check the reports, that's their problem as they were not able to dedicate enough time for most likely an appropriate reason.

NOTE: Not trying to start drama, I would just like to see other people's opinions. I am not trying to offend or hint towards any moderators.

Seth

Career
Reaction score
Different mods choose to assist the community in plenty of alternate ways. I'd rather have some mods doing the same thing, but they are 100% sure they know what they are doing, rather then having a new mod attempting to the same thing. As long as it is certain to work, I am happy (Well that's my opinion).

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
it's because the amount of actions you get has a lot to do with whether you're going to stay a mod or not and if some people take all of the reports and you end up with none...you're gone.

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
it's because the amount of actions you get has a lot to do with whether you're going to stay a mod or not and if some people take all of the reports and you end up with none...you're gone.
Viewing reports should not be the only thing that determines if you're a good moderator though. It's your dedication. Moderation of chat and looking for live hackers. That stuff also counts.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Let me tell you a story, as I was staff when this rule started being discussed.

About two years ago, the sr. staff decided to create the Mod of the Meeting/Month program, to highlight moderators who went above and beyond their duties to help the server or Sr. Staff. As time progressed, the staff started to get it in their heads that by doing tons of work they could get the acknowledgment. Arguments started to erupt between staff members. One of the more notable arguments was between a staff member who was known for doing a large number of abuse reports. They'd empty the abuse report section, and that was alright. The argument arose when other moderators started to do abuse reports that the other mod hadn't gotten to yet. This mod exploded at them, telling them that they were stealing his report abuses. Eventually the argument was escelated to the Sr. Staff, and discussion soon started in regards to regulating the abuse report section.

Now you know some background regarding the Abuse report section. Do with it what you will.

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
Let me tell you a story, as I was staff when this rule started being discussed.

About two years ago, the sr. staff decided to create the Mod of the Meeting/Month program, to highlight moderators who went above and beyond their duties to help the server or Sr. Staff. As time progressed, the staff started to get it in their heads that by doing tons of work they could get the acknowledgment. Arguments started to erupt between staff members. One of the more notable arguments was between a staff member who was known for doing a large number of abuse reports. They'd empty the abuse report section, and that was alright. The argument arose when other moderators started to do abuse reports that the other mod hadn't gotten to yet. This mod exploded at them, telling them that they were stealing his report abuses. Eventually the argument was escelated to the Sr. Staff, and discussion soon started in regards to regulating the abuse report section.

Now you know some background regarding the Abuse report section. Do with it what you will.
Thanks for taking the time to elaborate on the backstory. But that is just an immature reason to me. The moderators should have been warned and demoted if they continued to argue about who gets to check reports...

I guess it kind of makes sense, but maybe they should change it so that if there is a moderator and they have reached their limit to viewing reports, if no other moderators are coming on, then they should just deal with it. It couldn't possibly hurt any staff member more than a player who is trying to play a game.

Goldsminer

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey there! Whilst we are required to share reports to a degree there is no set in stone limit that we can't exceed. It is more a common courtesy type deal. However this is only for report abuses mainly. If we get a report of a hacker in-game or via teamspeak our priority goes into dealing with those rule breakers.

In short if you find a hacker in-game and need a mod to deal with it feel free to ask them as I'm sure we are all more concerned with dealing with the rule breakers than making sure everyone does the same amount. Hope this helped :D

Stryke

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey there! Whilst we are required to share reports to a degree there is no set in stone limit that we can't exceed. It is more a common courtesy type deal. However this is only for report abuses mainly. If we get a report of a hacker in-game or via teamspeak our priority goes into dealing with those rule breakers.

In short if you find a hacker in-game and need a mod to deal with it feel free to ask them as I'm sure we are all more concerned with dealing with the rule breakers than making sure everyone does the same amount. Hope this helped :D
Yes after I was told the reason for this system, I realised I was completely wrong. But yes, I also get that it's a respectful thing to do. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Goldsminer

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes after I was told the reason for this system, I realised I was completely wrong. But yes, I also get that it's a respectful thing to do. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
No problem :)

Y

Experienced
Reaction score
people could be falsely banned because of moderator's inexperience towards some situations that should be left to more experienced senior moderators, who are the ones mainly meant to be checking reports / disputes.

if I've completely gotten what you're saying wrong, please do tell me so I don't start flame.

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
people could be falsely banned because of moderator's inexperience towards some situations that should be left to more experienced senior moderators, who are the ones mainly meant to be checking reports / disputes..
While that's partially true, all moderators that are doing reports are fully trained and should understand it well. Also, if a mod isn't 100% sure a user is hacking, they'll put it in our mod chat and some other, more experienced mods can give their opinions on it. As for disputes, no moderator can even view them. Sr Mods only are the ones that can accept and deny disputes, so nobody inexperienced in the staff team will be in that situation.

Reactions: Y

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci