• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator Age Requirement - By Age in that Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
One of the most important requirements to become a moderator in this community is the age. You have to be at least 14 years of age, though that’s only because they make exceptions for that age. But some people are born at different times of the year! They have to wait months longer than their classmates just because they were born a little bit later. But what if the requirement to be a mod was the age you were turning that year, instead of your current age?

Say you were born in August, and your classmate was born in February. You’re both turning 14 this year, but he gets to apply 6 months before you! How fair is that? Well, since you were both born in the same year, it seems fair to me that you should be able to apply at the same time.

One of the main issues when deciding if someone is fit to be a mod is their endurance to stress. Well, it’s not necessarily by age specifically, in my opinion your ability to cope with stress has more to do with life related issues than by age. Age may be a factor, but if you’re both turning that age in the same year there can’t be that much of a difference. And the things you will be going through in your life will be mostly similar, giving you an equal ability to deal with the stress of life. Maturity is the same way. You will mature faster with the things you go through in life rather than by age, though both may be factors in developing maturity.

Lying isn’t any more of an issue than it was before. There are people that can lie about their age just as they can lie about their age of this year. In any case, you should be able to tell by the way they act and by the way they sound if they are how old they say they are.

I can’t see any more problems showing themselves with this method than by the current method, so I don’t see how this would cause any problems with mods. The only thing I think changes with the 2 systems for hiring moderators is that this method will allow slightly younger mods, but it will make it fairer for the same reason.

Note: I based this off the previous post about grade, so it's gonna be very similar. If you think of any other advantages or flaws in this system, I would gladly add them in :)

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I don't see why they just put it back to how it used to be: exceptions for an amazing application. It'll make everybody happy, and you can really sort out which underaged Moderator wants to have the position of Moderator and who doesn't. >.>

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In any case, you should be able to tell by the way they act and by the way they sound if they are how old they say they are.
Hah yeah, I still have some mods who think I'm 16-17...

Although back onto topic, that does seem very reasonable.. although if they were to start doing that, they would probably raise the age limit back up to 15, due to the fact that they just lowered the age limit, and the fact that it would be lowering the age limit even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci