• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moderator Age Requirement - By Age in that Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting we lower the age limit. I'm saying we change it to the year, instead of the exact age. For all I care it could be the year you turn 18, but I don't want to have to apply months after everyone else my age and all my friends. It's just unfair in my opinion.
I see where you're coming from, however I have to say I do not agree. They have to wait months true, but they are actually waiting the exact same time from date of birth. If we made this a requirement, what's to stop people who were born in January from complaining that they have to wait a whole year longer than those born in December?

For me it's the same reasoning with age-related activities like driving, those with early birthdays can drive sooner, this goes for drinking and similar things as well. As stated earlier though I think if this was even considered to be implemented the age limit would definitely be raised which would just draw more complaints.
Well, no matter what solution you pick, there are going to be complaints. I feel that using this method will allow our system to be fairer for the people that wait months more than their friends just because they were born in different times of the year.

The reason that I think people wouldn't complain that they have to wait a year longer than those born in December is because of the grade difference. Of course, your region may change that (which is why that idea was shut down), but in the end if you were in the same region you would be at different levels. Say you both go to the same school. Someone born in December that can apply this year is in grade grade 10 for example. Well, he's in grade 10 because he's obviously gotten past grade 9 and learned more, but also because he's more mature since grade 9 and can handle the stress of the higher level of work.

Therefore, he is more mature than the person born in January of the year after the grade 10, putting him in grade 9. This is why I think it's fair using this method, because there is less reason and fewer arguments you can use to make a more valid point than this when they are born a month apart but apply a year apart using this system. There will always be people born a month apart but applying at different times no matter what system you use, and I think this one is the most reasonable.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I doubt this will happen as it allows those who are 13 to apply and we are pushing it with 14 atm. Examples such as learning to drive or buying alcohol are very good examples where it is age specific. If you go into a pub and say you turn 18 the next day (UK age) you would still be denied due to it being illegal. The same goes for learning to drive you must be 17 and it is by D.O.B as opposed to year

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I doubt this will happen as it allows those who are 13 to apply and we are pushing it with 14 atm. Examples such as learning to drive or buying alcohol are very good examples where it is age specific. If you go into a pub and say you turn 18 the next day (UK age) you would still be denied due to it being illegal. The same goes for learning to drive you must be 17 and it is by D.O.B as opposed to year
Well it doesn't have to be for 13 and the year you turn 14, it could be 14 and the year you turn 15 (which would be closer to the requirement we have now I think). I just think it makes it more fair.

Spike11

District 13
Reaction score
Lying isn’t any more of an issue than it was before. There are people that can lie about their age just as they can lie about their age of this year. In any case, you should be able to tell by the way they act and by the way they sound if they are how old they say they are.

xJayJay96 Thought I was 21

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Well it doesn't have to be for 13 and the year you turn 14, it could be 14 and the year you turn 15 (which would be closer to the requirement we have now I think). I just think it makes it more fair.
Also as to what i said the system we have currently works well so why fix it if it isn't broken. Life is not fair and we have lowered the age to allow more people to apply for mod already. Also the current system pretty much allows us to have a constant stream of moderator applications but with the year system we would have a high influx of apps and new mods at the start of the year.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Also as to what i said the system we have currently works well so why fix it if it isn't broken. Life is not fair and we have lowered the age to allow more people to apply for mod already. Also the current system pretty much allows us to have a constant stream of moderator applications but with the year system we would have a high influx of apps and new mods at the start of the year.
Well, one of my mottoes is "Life isn't fair, but it can be" so that can make it fair. And you keep saying that this is about lowering the age. It doesn't necessarily have to be, it could also end up increasing it. I understand that this will cause a ton of apps to come in at the beginning of the year, and that would make it harder for the staff to work out which applications are good at that time of the year rather than throughout the year like it is currently, so I will drop the subject. I guess this can be locked then!

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Locked due to request, please PM me with further questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci