• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

mods not acting like mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
honestly I've seen mods be on a server with known hackers before and then after they die they exit out to find another match, to catch hackers (which is what i think mods are here for correct me if I'm wrong) is part of a mod's job and most spammers are in the spectate "lobby" and if you spectate you only see the fights you are in or ones that you see but you are far to focused on what you should do, when you spectate you see nearly all the fights (hackers usually last a pretty long time) thus making it easier to find hackers. I'm not meaning to accuse anyone but I'm just calling this to attention because im feeling that more mods than not are using their powers to get into games and play not moderate all im saying is that mods should act like mods not players

here's an example
2012-06-09_02.45.16.png

if you look at the chat codeglue (sorry code only ecample ) he left right after he died and there were 22 tributes :\

Reaction score
Although I do believe that your reasons have full merit and consequence, i urge you PLEASE respect this servers marvelous moderators. Although many do leave after death, that is their prerogative, as to have to endure drudgery in identifying hacked clients users should not be forced upon them. These moderators deserve our up most respect, as they see fit to address any problems when the need arises. They also have the right to enjoy the games they see fit without having to monitor other players. I am not saying that moderators do not have responsibility, but that they have the conviction to act upon such duties. I have the up most sense of assurance in these fine men and woman, who so artfully persevere this wonderful community. I hope this was of some insight.

Sincerely,
Alex J. McGersey

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
I have lost countless points (even though they don't matter) getting killed by people with aimbot that I have suspected and followed and sure enough they have killed me when I approach from behind. When I do get into a game, and I do not see anything fishy going on after the start (that is when most of the hackers start) I will usually leave and go play a different game. Sometimes I /suicide just to watch over the game at the start.

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
Although I do believe that your reasons have full merit and consequence, i urge you PLEASE respect this servers marvelous moderators. Although many do leave after death, that is their prerogative, as to have to endure drudgery in identifying hacked clients users should not be forced upon them. These moderators deserve our up most respect, as they see fit to address any problems when the need arises. They also have the right to enjoy the games they see fit without having to monitor other players. I am not saying that moderators do not have responsibility, but that they have the conviction to act upon such duties. I have the up most sense of assurance in these fine men and woman, who so artfully persevere this wonderful community. I hope this was of some insight.

Sincerely,
Alex J. McGersey
i know we should respect them once when i was on a server with hackers i PM'd one of the mods and they were on the server within 1 minute and i respect

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
I have lost countless points (even though they don't matter) getting killed by people with aimbot that I have suspected and followed and sure enough they have killed me when I approach from behind. When I do get into a game, and I do not see anything fishy going on after the start (that is when most of the hackers start) I will usually leave and go play a different game. Sometimes I /suicide just to watch over the game at the start.
i can see that you are looking out for hackers and i respect that but, im talking about the mods (i only notice this group too) who leave directly after they die and don't even look for hackers (unless of coarse they were killed by one) and i want to state im just bringing this to attention im not accusing anyone of anything just constructive criticism

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
There was one time I got really excited because an admin was on the server, so I'm thinking "Yes! Finally, a game where if I get killed by a hacker I can just tell the admin right here!" And then he left during the 60 second count down before the game started.

haakonfj

Survivor
Reaction score
when people die ingame the does come up that they leave the server....it comes for all who dies then goes into spectating mode...
i dont know if it stands that he left the server twice...but if he died then it comes up that he leaves the server...

ThePotatoe

Tribute
Reaction score
It is the spectators job to report these people there is a reason for the report section of the forums. If you suspect someone is hacking etc. Report them

With sufficient proof, of course

Cab839

Spectator
Reaction score
Dude they're people too. They don't want to sit around for an hour to see in the off chance if someone is hacking.

CodeGlue

Experienced
Reaction score
I understand your reasoning behind this but as a Mod I feel that it is better to be on the move if I don't see any hackers in a game. From what I have seen most people will hack at the beginning of the game then tone down their usage after that since it is no longer needed. I have seen on multiple occasions that someone hacks at the beginning but I don't have enough time to video them. I then proceed to watch them for the rest of the game but they never use their hack again. It is more effective to spread our presence around the servers.

Bowser_Suit

Tribute
Reaction score
I understand your reasoning behind this but as a Mod I feel that it is better to be on the move if I don't see any hackers in a game. From what I have seen most people will hack at the beginning of the game then tone down their usage after that since it is no longer needed. I have seen on multiple occasions that someone hacks at the beginning but I don't have enough time to video them. I then proceed to watch them for the rest of the game but they never use their hack again. It is more effective to spread our presence around the servers.
completely agree, I see soo many who just speed hack to get the best stuff from the chest then get out of the center, after that its all legit for them because they already have the advantage they need

nobody1313

Tribute
Reaction score
About this, I think that mods should be able to use nickname-like things, as in making their name normal, end some random name, so spammers and hackers wouldn't know that a mod was there. There are an unbelievable amount of spammers in the lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci