• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

mods not acting like mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So, because i never had any problems with them, my opinion is that they are doing good work... :) but if you don't want to be it an opinion... i could say its a fact? :p
In your experience its a fact yeah... but not in mine.

Shamelesskid

Spectator
Reaction score
About this, I think that mods should be able to use nickname-like things, as in making their name normal, end some random name, so spammers and hackers wouldn't know that a mod was there. There are an unbelievable amount of spammers in the lobby.
I don't understand why everyone is argueing, while there was a perfectly good resolution, However everyone is so caught up in their side of the argument this post might have been drowned out. Maybe if we found resolutions instead of supporting a conflict, Something will be done?

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd just like to clarify: So you're basically saying that we as mods, NOT sticking around until the game has finished, isn't okay?

We're moderators, but we're also players just like you. No one would be motivated to take a moderator position if we weren't also allowed to play as we please, and this includes leaving whenever we wan't to. Of course there's moderating to be done, but how do you know that this isn't what we're doing, too? If you'd caught CodeGlue several times doing what you screenshotted in the first post, i would've understood. But seeing a mod leaving a game ONCE right as he has died, probably just because he was either pissed of dying (which we're allowed to be, too) or had something else (probs more important) to do, and implying that we aren't doing our jobs properly, is not really fair in my opinion.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not saying you should stay until the end of the game. I have seen codeglue leave the game at least 3 times right after dying. I have seen many other mods doing the same thing. I'm saying they should at least scroll through the remaining tributes and maybe watch them for a couple seconds see if they're sprint hacking or other things. It's just a really fast scroll through the players, and after that feel free to leave.
I think as a duty, the mods should at least scroll through the players or at LEAST watch a couple people accused/suspected of hacking. Maybe ask in the chat "Does anyone have any hack suspicions" and watch anyone who was in a reply for a little bit. Not necessary to always do, but I would like to know that mods still try to do their jobs.

Vhaly

Experienced
Reaction score
Check the Staff, and tell me how many messages LogStone, Mstiles92, VilVocFoose, Cookieman... have on the forum.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I've seen LogStone in game once, the rest I've never even heard of.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'd just like to clarify: So you're basically saying that we as mods, NOT sticking around until the game has finished, isn't okay?

We're moderators, but we're also players just like you. No one would be motivated to take a moderator position if we weren't also allowed to play as we please, and this includes leaving whenever we wan't to. Of course there's moderating to be done, but how do you know that this isn't what we're doing, too? If you'd caught CodeGlue several times doing what you screenshotted in the first post, i would've understood. But seeing a mod leaving a game ONCE right as he has died, probably just because he was either pissed of dying (which we're allowed to be, too) or had something else (probs more important) to do, and implying that we aren't doing our jobs properly, is not really fair in my opinion.
True I don't think it really mathers if a mod 'rage quits' or just quits when he dieed. He will just join another game and he will moderate there.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Check the Staff, and tell me how many messages LogStone, Mstiles92, VilVocFoose, Cookieman... have on the forum.
Yeah so, I think moderating in a game is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci