• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mojang's Minecraft EULA and how it affects our servers

Zun

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing it up, really appreciate it, Chad.

EpicN1nja1

Tribute
Reaction score
What about your point booster? When the donors, like platinums, get a 500 point boost per month? You use points to sponsor players. Also, the EULA states that you cant sell real money for in-game money! Wouldnt that count!?

JohnnyGoesSmash

Platinum
Reaction score
What about your point booster? When the donors, like platinums, get a 500 point boost per month? You use points to sponsor players. Also, the EULA states that you cant sell real money for in-game money! Wouldnt that count!?
Who even cares about points?

AbandonedClam

Diamond
Reaction score
What about the extra votes you get as premium member though...? They do affect the gameplay and is considered as a benefit for the user that has donated. Right?

AsianNationq

Spectator
Reaction score
I hope everyone realizes that Chad will figure things out. But my guess is the server will slowly die down if it receives a less amount of donations. The server basically runs on the people who donate and Mojang's stupid new EULA is making it so that you can't sell anything that would affect gameplay. Btw, who cares about points, you can get 500 in under a day if you play some games.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
I hope everyone realizes that Chad will figure things out. But my guess is the server will slowly die down if it receives a less amount of donations. The server basically runs on the people who donate and Mojang's stupid new EULA is making it so that you can't sell anything that would affect gameplay. Btw, who cares about points, you can get 500 in under a day if you play some games.
MCSG is unaffected, please read the post before posting :).

AsianNationq

Spectator
Reaction score
MCSG is unaffected, please read the post before posting :).
I can read buddy, but explain how MCSG won't be affected as of now if he doesn't change anything with the donations and I shall consider your judgement as correct. The donation ranks as of now, present advantages over other players, such as joining full servers and extra votes. Not hating on McGamer, but I was astonished when he said McGamer would not be affected.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
I can read buddy, but explain how MCSG won't be affected as of now if he doesn't change anything with the donations and I shall consider your judgement as correct. The donation ranks as of now, present advantages over other players, such as joining full servers and extra votes. Not hating on McGamer, but I was astonished when he said McGamer would not be affected.
Extra votes do not present an advantage in gameplay in any way. Paying users also have priority access over those who don't pay, which has been confirmed in the EULA to be allowed.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Extra votes do not present an advantage in gameplay in any way. Paying users also have priority access over those who don't pay, which has been confirmed in the EULA to be allowed.
If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, it technically does. Donors can largely influence what map gets chosen with their votes. Say that they have a really OP route for a certain map, and not so good for others. Well by being able to influence the choice, they get the map, go their OP route, and win. Though indirectly, their votes can be responsible for their win.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
If you want to get down to the nitty gritty, it technically does. Donors can largely influence what map gets chosen with their votes. Say that they have a really OP route for a certain map, and not so good for others. Well by being able to influence the choice, they get the map, go their OP route, and win. Though indirectly, their votes can be responsible for their win.
Nonetheless the staff have done extensive research on the matter apparently, and extra votes are allowed.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Nonetheless the staff have done extensive research on the matter apparently, and extra votes are allowed.
Even if the staff has done extensive research, that does not mean that it is impossible that they made an error. I'm merely stating that it really does affect the gameplay and can provide an advantage. Whether or not Mojang decides this is compatible with the EULA is up to them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci