• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More EU Staff?

Exploding_Wrath

Experienced
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't know much about the whole EU scene. I do know that 123456789matrty and Exploding_Wrath were active mods that did an awesome job. They aren't mod anymore for some BS reasons. ( I do not mean to be bashing on the rest of the EU staff team)

The EU cleansweep numbers are pretty low if you analyze them. I went over the numbers of the last one which was roughly 6 hackers an hour... Keep in mind you have about 50+ participants
Thanks dood :/ I was demoted when tbh I think I should have been warned, as I was active every day banning 10+ hackers since I finished training, and they did not give me a proper warning... If I reapplied for mod on the date they've given me, 25th Dec, which I doubt I will seeing most of my mod friends are resigning due to reasons I probably am not allowed to say here, I would probably only reapply for the perks, silent join, /d, /say, /find, etc.. I don't understand how they could see me simply writing ":)" at the end of a ban as reason enough to demote me? And I am prety damn sure I put up appropriate evidence for each hacker ban, almost all of which have 0 views on my channel... I kicked someone for calling me in particular a noob, as disrespect to a mod, apparently that is not allowed too, even though I got banned for 150 hours on Hive for saying "ez" ... I really don't understand why the admins and higher staff don't give mods more chances, seeing as even hackers are given a second chance, and mods put a hell of a lot of effort into their app, and me, for example, I got denied about 5 times before getting to my interview, which I waited on the ts for a month to get. The more I think about it the more bullsh*t I feel the demotion was... I was demoted halfway through helping a girl who was being bullied on the teamspeak, and before I could ban/mute the player doing it, my rank was taken away... I know it wasn't just the admin who demoted me that I should hold accountable, as it was a "group decision" but obviously if the higher up staff members bothered to talk to the mods who dedicate themselves to this server, we wouldn't have these problems. Instead, higher up staff members seem to look down on "lower" mods which disgusts me. I know a couple decent Sr. Mods that I like, as well as Frazzli185 and laureypop1, who I was sad to see resign/be demoted. MCSG is not declining due to the lack of care from higher up staff members, which is my opinion, as well as a lot of other people I know...

RANT OVER

DPinky

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks dood :/ I was demoted when tbh I think I should have been warned, as I was active every day banning 10+ hackers since I finished training, and they did not give me a proper warning... If I reapplied for mod on the date they've given me, 25th Dec, which I doubt I will seeing most of my mod friends are resigning due to reasons I probably am not allowed to say here, I would probably only reapply for the perks, silent join, /d, /say, /find, etc.. I don't understand how they could see me simply writing ":)" at the end of a ban as reason enough to demote me? And I am prety damn sure I put up appropriate evidence for each hacker ban, almost all of which have 0 views on my channel... I kicked someone for calling me in particular a noob, as disrespect to a mod, apparently that is not allowed too, even though I got banned for 150 hours on Hive for saying "ez" ... I really don't understand why the admins and higher staff don't give mods more chances, seeing as even hackers are given a second chance, and mods put a hell of a lot of effort into their app, and me, for example, I got denied about 5 times before getting to my interview, which I waited on the ts for a month to get. The more I think about it the more bullsh*t I feel the demotion was... I was demoted halfway through helping a girl who was being bullied on the teamspeak, and before I could ban/mute the player doing it, my rank was taken away... I know it wasn't just the admin who demoted me that I should hold accountable, as it was a "group decision" but obviously if the higher up staff members bothered to talk to the mods who dedicate themselves to this server, we wouldn't have these problems. Instead, higher up staff members seem to look down on "lower" mods which disgusts me. I know a couple decent Sr. Mods that I like, as well as Frazzli185 and laureypop1, who I was sad to see resign/be demoted. MCSG is not declining due to the lack of care from higher up staff members, which is my opinion, as well as a lot of other people I know...

RANT OVER
Going to be honest, with the information you gave, it kinda justifies the demotion. Writing a happy face in the reason when banning someone is really disrespectful, and seems arbitrary. Kicking someone for calling you a noob? Seriously where did you ever learn that from. Seems like you were a power hungry moderator and used it for his own personal gain. Which is why I have a feeling of aversion to a large amount of the moderation team. Most of them are pretty cool though, just a few bad apples :)

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Going to be honest, with the information you gave, it kinda justifies the demotion. Writing a happy face in the reason when banning someone is really disrespectful, and seems arbitrary. Kicking someone for calling you a noob? Seriously where did you ever learn that from. Seems like you were a power hungry moderator and used it for his own personal gain. Which is why I have a feeling of aversion to a large amount of the moderation team. Most of them are pretty cool though, just a few bad apples :)
mate you bench press 235lbs?? sick

Diar

District 13
Reaction score

RANT OVER
You literally just said that the only reason you would ever want to be a mod again is for the perks, and in general don't seem to have the right mindset for a mod.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
My thought on most of the staff in two letters: Bj
Oi sorry I meant bs

StickyGamingHD

Survivor
Reaction score
Exactly how i feel! I have not seen a moderator on EU for atleast 1-2weeks and even play for most of my evenings....
Its getting past a joke..... I try as best as i can to report players in games but it just does not make any difference.

Plus.... /report does not even take effect half the time....

EDIT: I saw 2 Mods*

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Wrath is a friend of mine and I somewhat agree with what you said however, I do feel it's fair to give a warning rather than straight up demotion, you learn from your mistakes. I mean they give hackers second chances. That's just my opinion though.

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't know much about the whole EU scene. I do know that 123456789matrty and Exploding_Wrath were active mods that did an awesome job. They aren't mod anymore for some BS reasons. ( I do not mean to be bashing on the rest of the EU staff team)
Firstly I appreciate the fact that you said I did an awesome job, rarely heard ahah :p BS reasons, meh i understand why i was demoted and so on, and Bans wise i didn't get many compared to other mods who got insane numbers, but I know I had the respect of the community. In regards to the EU situation, A lot of EU mods are gone, like of course we have Nep, Avaline, samson, and a few others but if you look at the EU mod list (If it exists) Its very low. Now this makes the Hackers look like they are coming back, whereas actually, its really a lack of mods to deal with the situation, which is a problem. Obviously the Clean sweeps occur, but in my mind, they are poorly advertised and aren't making a massive impact, due to the lack of people knowing about it. With further emphasis and maybe a bit more enthusiasm, the ‘hacker Issue’ can be dealt with, at least a little bit more than it currently is right now. (Don’t get me wrong, they do a great job, But when US staff are mostly Hosting EU Clean Sweeps, We need to step up :D)

This brings me to the next point, In terms of activeness, you do have to remember it isn’t a Job, like a paid one, they do take out their own time, in order to help. Although i sometimes agree with some mods not being up to the right standards, i know for a fact there are some very efficient mods as well. But the matter of the fact is you can’t tell if someone is going to be a good Mod until you give them the chance to prove it. There isn’t a way of telling if a certain person would be a good mod, and at the stage EU is at currently, I think it might be time to maybe risk a little more to gain a little more, otherwise we are just gonna be stuck at this point, where the Hacker Numbers appear to rise, due to the lack of staff and time each mod has (let’s face it, no ones gonna spend 24/7 moderating, life is important too). Also the report command, could maybe cause issues, mainly because every community has those immature players who blame hacks on someone when they die legitimately, and judging by the amount of immature people I hear of, this could a problem in the making.

Lastly, I understand people get frustrated but it isn’t gonna change in a day or a week, it’ll take time, for E.g back In Jan/February, Mods from EU were So common it would be routine to see them in game, and US perhaps wasn’t as well staffed as it is now. Change always happens and it’ll continue too, therefore just speed it up and help. Im sure EU eventually will get back to its normal and constant state.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci