• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

More updates, yay!

Is the rubberbanding issue better/fixed?

• Yes! I love you!

Votes: 67 53.6%
  • Nope, not really any better... (please reply stating how often it happens to you)

Votes: 58 46.4%

• Total voters

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
*Gets 50 ping*
"Servers must use walmart connection!"

Seriously, with an internet speed faster than 92% of the US, located in the West Coast, (the coast the US servers are hosted in I believe.) I get just under 50 ping...remember, this is the Minecraft multiplayer, the buggiest thing ever, with hundreds of people trying to join all kinds of servers during on peak causing the servers stress, as well as the fact that, per region, there is only one "location", if you know what I mean. :p 50 ping is about as good as most people with good connection get and perfectly playable...I think most of the lag you see is everyone else lagging from their own connection. To be honest, more and more recently, that's what I'm noticing. It's not the servers as much as it is the laggy players. (No offense to laggy players. lol.)
Eh, it was me just whining, not lagging at all, just rubberbanding is the only thing that is ruining the servers.
And what happened with you on TheHive?
Did you get moderator status on here then decided to come back?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Eh, it was me just whining, not lagging at all, just rubberbanding is the only thing that is ruining the servers.
And what happened with you on TheHive?
Did you get moderator status on here then decided to come back?
Other way around.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
because your servers use walmart connection
lmao... Walmart connections? We share the same datacenter with most of the top hosting companies use for Minecraft (except I cannot say for AU as we may swap soon because of it).

The MCSG can not fix the Australian server lag, as it's a problem on the provider's side.
AU is lagging. A lot. I lost 5 games in a row, only because of badly mistimed rubberbands.
It's also that practically every Australian player doesn't have over 2 of download and over 1 upload, so our Internet is terrible as it is - making people think its the servers. >.>
Yeah I am thinking the same as well but we want to make sure it isn't us. We been running some tests this last week and still making sure. Since the last update, people have been saying we improved it quite a bit, but some rare spikes and TPS drops.

And for the off topic:

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Getting worse rubberbanding of my life on the CA servers.
That's probably of your 138ms ping to something that's less than 50 miles away.
You should get that checked out...

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
That's probably of your 138ms ping to something that's less than 50 miles away.
You should get that checked out...
Yeah, probably, but still, I haven't lagged this much with the same internet for 6 months.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello lovely people!

An update was pushed out tonight to the NCP configuration, which should hopefully fix most of the rubberbanding that's going on.
This is a rather short post, but please vote on the poll in the post - are you noticing less rubberbanding?
Yay!

misterzane

Survivor
Reaction score
no its not fixed it always happens to other players around me and to me at least twice in every match

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
Is tubberbanding That you lag back in a fight? #NoobFace :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci