• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Muttations and aimed lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

crozekilla

Spectator
Reaction score
I have 2 ideas: First, let's begin with muttations(And btw that is how it's spelled in the book). If you have read the Hunger Games series or even just one of the books, you may know that "Muttations" are dead tributes that have been chemically engineered as rabid animals (***BOOK SPOILER ALERT*** SKIP THE PARENTHESIS IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS although some of us may know that the muttations aren't really the dead tributes, but chemically engineered animals to look partly like the tributes; which can be changed in the game's sake. ***SPOILER OVER***) We should have a chance to become one of these rabid beasts with similar attributes as the animals (I.E. maybe for the boar we could have a speed potion but only have so much health) Now for "Aimed Lightning" In the Hunger Games, many of you may know that when a tribute died, and the cannon goes off, a hovercraft hovers right over a tribute to pick it up with metal claws, so to mimic that knowing of where a tribute has died, the server could have a plugin that a lightning bolt (That cannot harm other players or items on the floor) will strike right over the corpse of the dead player, or something similar to that. Thanks for reading; give me your feedback!

EDIT :: Perhaps an edition to muttations: At 4 or less players left, only gold or maybe even diamond sponsors can become mutts to encourage more people to show their support for the server, yes it's expensive, but being able to play after death and contribute near the end of the game, possibly for a chance at extra points, could be a good reason to be some of the few who choose to donate more than iron. Gold and Diamond members need better advantages in my opinion.

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
Both sound like a good idea too me, (even though I have not read the books yet and have not seen the movie) it's giving spectators a better way to take part in the Games after they died. It'll hopefully help against people skyping with people in Spec-Mode... It kinda sucks to know the guy found you cause someone was flying right above you or telling your coordinates.

The lightning, if it really does no damage, would be quite cool, but I think a little too short (in means of time) to be seen. Maybe add some wool block disappearing after a certain amount of time, flying about 20 blocks above the spot the player died.

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
Hopefully you mean that killed you ;)One could edit that you see all players as Steve and no names above their heads

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
issue with the muttations idea is it enables everyone to gang up on strong players (whether they are alone or in a team it doesn't matter). you could argue that that is the point, so we can even the odds, but it seems unfair to kill someone only to have them come back to you and push you off a cliff/building... If perhaps there were restricted areas that the muttations could roam around in, but not be allowed to leave (similar to the sections of the 'clock-based' arena in book 2) then it would make it less disadvantageous to the living tributes.

crozekilla

Spectator
Reaction score
issue with the muttations idea is it enables everyone to gang up on strong players (whether they are alone or in a team it doesn't matter). you could argue that that is the point, so we can even the odds, but it seems unfair to kill someone only to have them come back to you and push you off a cliff/building... If perhaps there were restricted areas that the muttations could roam around in, but not be allowed to leave (similar to the sections of the 'clock-based' arena in book 2) then it would make it less disadvantageous to the living tributes.
I like that idea, a lot! Perhaps maybe after a few months or so they might come up with a map with specific plugins for that or something similar.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
the mutation this is silly and impracticle. Its just to humor the people that die early since they are specs for so long.
But the aimed lighting is a great idea

crozekilla

Spectator
Reaction score
the mutation this is silly and impracticle. Its just to humor the people that die early since they are specs for so long.
But the aimed lighting is a great idea
I normally don't die early so why would I make this thread for that reason if I don't? It's what really happens in the books, the fallen tributes are supposedly transformed into some muttant creature near the end (which actually could be cool, have the dead people turn into mutts around 4 - 6 players left)

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
ya but that just seems impracticle and silly and wouldnt be a good element to the game. players could gang up on or seek revenge on players of their choosing.

crozekilla

Spectator
Reaction score
ya but that just seems impracticle and silly and wouldnt be a good element to the game. players could gang up on or seek revenge on players of their choosing.
Have you read any of the books? It doesn't matter who they go after, it's suppose to make the games more exciting for the end. It would be a good thing for it because of the fact that most the time no one is fighting near the end, it's adds more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci