• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Muttations and aimed lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
lol forget the books
this is minecraft and survival games
not completely accurate hunger game games

SirCraftMine

Experienced
Reaction score
As long as the muttations can't enter some area's (like the corn/center) I would absolutely love seeing this implemented!!

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have one thing to say. WE ARE NOT THE FRAKING BOOKS!!!!!. MCSG was BASED on the HungerGames, but it ISNT the hunger games. If it was exactly like the book, you wouldnt be sitting on a computer. You would be dead. >;D

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
It would be too hard if at the very first death there was already a muttation thing. It would make more sense for all the specs to turn into muttations at the point where there are 5 tributes left, maybe 8 for 48 player servers. Otherwise it would be too hard. I like the idea where each person is a Steve and you can't see the persons name. You should still be able to see the nameplate though, but it should be blank. Also the Steve's shouldn't have armour on, because that would also show it. It would still take equally long to kill them depending on their armour because it's still their, just not in the image.
The problem is this would be a really hard plugin to make.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have one thing to say. WE ARE NOT THE FRAKING BOOKS!!!!!. MCSG was BASED on the HungerGames, but it ISNT the hunger games. If it was exactly like the book, you wouldnt be sitting on a computer. You would be dead. >;D
thank you

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am loving the ideas to keep the plugin to the book but there is a fine line where we draw on making it more for Minecraft rather than making a direct copy of the story. We will check these ideas out but no promises.

crozekilla

Spectator
Reaction score
I was just throwing out the idea of spectators being able to have fun while their dead or to keep games with 4 players left from being 30 minutes long, the only reason the book was so fully into this argument was because someone claimed that the idea in general was "silly and impractical" mainly I was just pointing out if it was impractical it wouldn't have been in the book. This entire thread was again inspired by events in the book but not fully based around it.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was just throwing out the idea of spectators being able to have fun while their dead or to keep games with 4 players left from being 30 minutes long, the only reason the book was so fully into this argument was because someone claimed that the idea in general was "silly and impractical" mainly I was just pointing out if it was impractical it wouldn't have been in the book. This entire thread was again inspired by events in the book but not fully based around it.
If you want something fun to do, minimize the minecraft screen and go on youtube or facebook or even read a book.

Jediluigi98

Tribute
Reaction score
I dont think the muttation thing would be good in anyway for anyone, but the aimed lightning would be helpful in the way you mentioned it

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you want something fun to do, minimize the minecraft screen and go on youtube or facebook or even read a book.
Ya thats what a lot of people do. You can listen for lighting strikes or if your in the lobby you hear a noise like you fell when you teleport to the corn at game start.

carlotta4th

Spectator
Reaction score
We can already do this... slightly. For example, when night comes in a game and I find myself a spectator, I locate any Endermen I can and try to goad players into attacking them.

Kill total so far: A group of 3 fully armored players. (I've gotten endermen to attack others, before, but I can't add them to the kill total unless they actually die). Playing games like this not only keeps it interesting for spectators, but it can add an extra layer of difficulty for those still playing. And it's all within the confines of the current game setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci