• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My anonymous complaints on MCSG as of 7/25/2013 6:31 AM

ImASecretWriter

Spectator
Reaction score
1) If the lightning strikes reveal your position, is that bad? You can either run away if you're low on health, or stay and loot the items if you have lots of health. Easier way of finding (attracting) people.

2) Not knowing when someone dies is more uncomfortable, isn't it? You want to know if your teammate died or not, because if they did die, then you can plot revenge at where you saw the lightning.

3) The tab menu should show players, because most gamers are to lazy to think. I know I am :p

4) If you want it to be Survival Games, then the lightning is the cannon firing, and knowing who died or not is the screen thingy on the globe in the movie, the tab menu... eh, we too lazy. Just leave it there. So pretty much, it is the Survival Games, just the Minecraft way. If you don't like these SG servers, then you should just go find another server to play on.

You make a good point, although 3 and 2 aren't real... reasons?

>Points out people are ungrateful and complain but this thread is a complaint thread about V2? which people worked hard on
>asks for people not to flame when this is blatently a thread thats going to start people flaming on each other

Personally I think progress is a good thing and V2 does have some flaws but its slowly working for the servers to become better, people have put lots of hard work into it so respect that and why post anonymously? if you expect negativity towards you for making the post.. maybe you should reconsider what you are writing.

I never said V2 was a complete failure! There's alot of things I like about V2, too! I was just pointing out some dislikes, and maybe some of the community could agree, so MCSG could fix theirs mistakes and hopefully do better on V3! (Which I hear they're working on)

>Points out people are ungrateful and complain but this thread is a complaint thread about V2? which people worked hard on
>asks for people not to flame when this is blatently a thread thats going to start people flaming on each other

Personally I think progress is a good thing and V2 does have some flaws but its slowly working for the servers to become better, people have put lots of hard work into it so respect that and why post anonymously? if you expect negativity towards you for making the post.. maybe you should reconsider what you are writing.

I never said V2 was a complete failure! There's alot of things I like about V2, too! I was just pointing out some dislikes, and maybe some of the community could agree, so MCSG could fix theirs mistakes and hopefully do better on V3! (Which I hear they're working on)

I think that
a. You're probably the same guy who made that other thread
and
b. So if you need to have moderation experience to be able to be a moderator, how do you get moderation experience if you need moderation experience to get moderation experience?

Hmm, good point, everyone needs to start somewhere... :cool: I was just pointing out that moderating on your own server wouldn't be as good since your moderating on your own guidelines. Every moderator in MCSG does all sorts of punishments when punishing people, which is what I'm saying here - Someone can give a day ban while someone else would think it would be a 30 min kick.

endthebean

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love MCSG, it's fantastic
Then why make this thread?

*Insane increase of loot in chests

*Cannot place water/lava anymore

*Announcing who dies (Really Hate This) then later saying it again at night, which is POINTLESS

*Lightning strikes where someone dies (Hate this even more)

And the list goes on...
Can you at least say why these features are bad?

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
You're not helping. I never said I didn't like it, stop jumping to conclusions. It's awesome, my favorite survival games server. I'm telling you my DISLIKES of it. I love MCSG, it's fantastic, I think it would help to have a discussion about it.
As I said MCSG is at a new level now. We can't stay at the same thing all the time. There will be MCSGv3 one day with other different new features.

Lava and water: These 2 items are kind of strong weapons. Why? With the water you can skip a whole parkour challenge that has lava(SurvivalKingdom) and that ruins the map. With lava you can kill people really easily but also you will grief the map. Same with water. The maps were made to be played not to be grieved.

Chat: In my opinion the chat is perfect now. Especially the moderator colours because it is quite easy to see.
About the announcements when someone dies. I believe it's useful because if you are playing with your friends or you are scared of someone special in the game you can easily see when he died. The lightings are also useful so you can find people easier. About the refill message. In the hunger games movie every night they announced who died so that's why it's like this here.

Stuff in the chests: I agree with you. There are way too much stuff in the chests.

Maps: I agree with you. Some of the maps that are in the servers right now are kind of ...

Staff: I agree with you. There are way too many young moderators.

Reaction score
I agree very much with the Survival Games has lost it's origin and is not being about survival these days, but about ruthless pvp fights, teaming and chasing. Although I don't play much I have experienced from the last couple of rounds that the survival part of the games have just grown smaller and smaller.. :/

Oh, and for the reasoning, it is very much about the maps played and the loot. Small maps, many buildings, easy chest locations, less forests, less mountains and hard terrain to move in makes them incredible easy to "survive". Even if you don't get good stuff then you don't have to be afraid of dying from starvation or suffocation.
The chest loot is overpowered, it is too much in general, and tier two‘s are everywhere, at least in most maps. So yes, more or less stating what you wrote in the main post.

I think that
a. You're probably the same guy who made that other thread
and...
That is a rather wild guess, especially coming from a moderator. Lol, conspirational theories about thread origins?

ImASecretWriter

Spectator
Reaction score
As I said MCSG is at a new level now. We can't stay at the same thing all the time. There will be MCSGv3 one day with other different new features.

Lava and water: These 2 items are kind of strong weapons. Why? With the water you can skip a whole parkour challenge that has lava(SurvivalKingdom) and that ruins the map. With lava you can kill people really easily but also you will grief the map. Same with water. The maps were made to be played not to be grieved.

Chat: In my opinion the chat is perfect now. Especially the moderator colours because it is quite easy to see.
About the announcements when someone dies. I believe it's useful because if you are playing with your friends or you are scared of someone special in the game you can easily see when he died. The lightings are also useful so you can find people easier. About the refill message. In the hunger games movie every night they announced who died so that's why it's like this here.

Stuff in the chests: I agree with you. There are way too much stuff in the chests.

Maps: I agree with you. Some of the maps that are in the servers right now are kind of ...

Staff: I agree with you. There are way too many young moderators.

It seems everyone thinks differently, I think it would be better if deaths weren't announced, as well as lightning. But now I'm seeing how water can be used, which is bad. So I'm going to scrap that. Thank you.

*wait for thread to be locked*

I don't think the thread would be getting locked if it was actually a mature discussion and people were taking this seriously, and not posting things like this. I'm trying my best to be as positive as possible, and if this works out and I keep up on the thread it can stay and be useful! But thank you for taking the time to read the thread anyways, getting more people to read this thread always helps out!

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You make a good point, although 3 and 2 aren't real... reasons?

Hmm, good point, everyone needs to start somewhere... :cool: I was just pointing out that moderating on your own server wouldn't be as good since your moderating on your own guidelines. Every moderator in MCSG does all sorts of punishments when punishing people, which is what I'm saying here - Someone can give a day ban while someone else would think it would be a 30 min kick.
We have a hidden guide that gives us the exact specifications for which offences will receive which bans.

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
Thread won't be locked unless people start spewing out flames. I'll just keep an eye on it.
Also this thread probably isn't made by who you think, but eh, there's no way for you guys too know.

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I actually like how you're trying to keep it civil. Keep it up.

Here's your disappointments:

"*Insane increase of loot in chests

*Announcing who dies (Really Hate This) then later saying it again at night, which is POINTLESS

And the list goes on..."

I actually agree with these to an extent. I don't like how food has become more common in chests, this needs to be reduced definitely.

I don't want announcing for who dies either. It just makes no sense that someone at the edge of the map would know of a death a corn.

For lighting strikes i'm kinda on the fence. I like them because it mimic's the cannons from the hunger games and allows you to keep track of how many people have died. On the other hand, you dislike them because they give away your position. But really not many people are attracted by the lightning. I've never seen myself get killed becasue of it so I find it pointless to take out.

ImASecretWriter

Spectator
Reaction score
I actually like how you're trying to keep it civil. Keep it up.

Here's your disappointments:

"*Insane increase of loot in chests

And the list goes on..."

I actually agree with these to an extent. I don't like how food has become more common in chests, this needs to be reduced definitely.

I don't want announcing for who dies either. It just makes no sense that someone at the edge of the map would know of a death a corn.

For lighting strikes i'm kinda on the fence. I like them because it mimic's the cannons from the hunger games and allows you to keep track of how many people have died. On the other hand, you dislike them because they give away your position. But really not many people are attracted by the lightning. I've never seen myself get killed becasue of it so I find it pointless to take out.
I didn't mean to remove the cannon, I just meant just giving away your position. I guess no one but me takes advantage of it anyways, so ill scrap it.

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
Ok, after reading your little 'complaint' here, this is what I pointed out.

You like:
-The revamped lobby
-The quality of some maps
-Some things about MCSG V2 (which you didn't really specify)

You dislike/are disappointed about:
-The quality of newer maps
-Amount of chest loot
-The chat colour
-Inability to place water/lava
-Lightning strikes where people die
-Names of the people who die appearing
-Age of most moderators
-The people who say how much they HATE the revamped lobby.
-Etc.

Notice how your list of dislikes is noticeably longer that the list of things you like, and that most things in the 'dislike' list are complete nitpicks (Chat colour, lightning strikes, etc.)

I also find it odd how you don't want any flaming on this thread, but specifying how much you dislike these changes and the people who dislike the changes you actually like, it only makes me think that you WANT there to be a flame war on here.

By the way, that other thread you linked to, I have a strange feeling that it was also created by you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci