• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff My journey ends here. ;-;

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Just a week or two ago I celebrated my one year anniversary as a staff member. Unfortunately, now this amazing journey is coming to an end. This was one of the more difficult decisions in my life, but after lots and lots of consideration I have decided that it is the right one. When I say “lots and lots” I really mean that. I have been contemplating resigning since early December. I had a goal to make it to a year though, I thought it was an appropriate amount of time to serve a community that has done so much for me. So I carried on.

The main reason for my resignation is simple. Lack of motivation. After a year the duties of a moderator get really repetitive and boring. The only things that I have been enjoying as a moderator over the last few months has been the extra stuff. Running the Gamemode Spotlight, helping out with other events, writing up some helpful staff docs, etc. However, I have struggled to maintain the motivation to do the mandatory duties of a moderator at the required level. Each month it became a chore more than anything else to make sure that I did good on my monthly activity check. It was becoming something I had to do, more than something I wanted to do. I have tried taking leaves of absence to regenerate the motivation that I once had, but sadly it isn’t coming back.

Another factor in this decision is my time. I have decided that it is now more important to focus on school, and other very important things. Too go along with that, my life is getting busier and busier. If I had an extra couple hours a week of time that I could do whatever I want with, I would keep my position here in a heartbeat. However, unfortunately this is time that does not exist.

I am going to miss being a member of this staff team immensely. From chatting with you guys in #off-topic on Slack, to all the projects I have worked with you guys on thank you all so much. I wish I could stay on Slack forever so I could chat with each of you easily whenever I want, but unfortunately that is not the way it works. :p

Stuff I did/achieved as a staff member:
  • August 2015 - Mod of the Month
  • Staff member for a year.
  • Ran 24 sessions of the Gamemode Spotlight.
  • Reported more bugs than anyone else on the issue tracker. (Ik normal players can do that too, but I did most of mine as staff)
  • Punished a few rulebreakers.
  • Wrote the now official Clan Battle Moderation guide for Clan Staff.
  • Helped run some other events.
  • Got Mod Buddy
  • Got Clan Staff
  • and some other stuff I don’t remember
Well that is it! The Gamemode Spotlight will be passed on to Exzone who I am confident will take very good care of it, and some other stuff will be passed on within the staff team as well. I have had a fantastic experience as a staff member on this network. Applying was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I hope to return to the team in the future, and I wish everyone the best of luck in the future. If anyone needs to contact me for any reason I will still continue to be very active on the forums, and I will be around in game as well. I am not leaving this community anytime soon!

With that I shall now return to my greenbean status.

~arsenalfcgunners (ex-moderator on the MCGamer Network)

Last edited:

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No. Nonono. Arsenal, I was about to go to bed, until I saw this.
How am I going to sleep properly tonight? Knowing another part of my family is gone? You don't understand how much we're going to miss you. :'(
I... I just don't know what to say anymore.

Thank you for being there for us, though... I just don't know how to feel now that you won't be around. :(

MisiLica

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We'll miss you man. You truly did do great as a moderator during your time here. you'll be missed.

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
Welp, I guess this is a goodbye. I will miss you greatly, thank you for all the hard work you put in with everything during your time here & good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future. <3

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
Uhh...

Arsenal, once again, you are one of the best friends I made on MCGamer! Thank you for everything, thank you for letting me host the GSL and now thank you for letting me manage it! You were an amazing and outstanding moderator! You will be truly missed .... I love you so much . Good luck in the future and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to message me on Kik, WhatsApp or anything.. I'll always be there for you!

Farewell Arsenal :'( <3

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
first non-mod to reply gg
and also the first random

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sad to see a good community member leave :( good luck in school bacca

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
and also the first random

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sad to see a good community member leave :( good luck in school bacca
not leaving the community, just staff. :)

Sabit

District 13
Reaction score
You`ll definitely be missed, its your choice can't say anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci