• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Opinion on MCSG (My Community Story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alzdoesmc

Spectator
Reaction score
Everything voiced in this thread is MY OPINION and I am entitled to my own opinion. I am entitled the right to freedom of speech as I am in United States of America. If I am banned from MCSG because of this, then so be it. Lock the thread, delete it, delete my account, report me, I really don't care.

Hello there. My name is alzdoesmc. I'm an average PVP'er and love to play the SurvivalGames/Hunger Games. Now I'd like to start off by saying the things that were amazing with this server.

The community is great, IMO much better than Hive (Hive IMO has a very average-terrible community. RekT, Shrekt, eZ, none of that's on MCSG). Hive is not even comparable to this server (except that Hive has more of a minigame selection).

However, that's pretty much the only thing I like about this server.

I'm NOT bashing the community or the staff here, I'm just voicing my honest opinion.

So, as you can probably already tell by the previous paragraph/sentence, I'm now going to get on to why I don't prefer MCSG and why I'd prefer other servers over this.

I'd like to start with when I first joined (like, the very first time). I joined with Better Sprint mod. I joined for several seconds and then tried using my compass, but only to be greeted with a banned message saying that I've been banned for 10 minutes for using Better Sprint.

I instantly flipped out. What a nice greeting for a new player using a simple MOD. Honestly, I don't really understand why Better sprint is banned in the first place. Why is it, exactly? Because it gives players advantages or something? Well tough sh*t. Everyone nowadays uses Better Sprint, and if they don't then they should honestly get it. It's a simple bug fix for Minecraft with some keybinds, how does that give players with the mod an advantage? Sure they have a toggleable feature to turn on/off sprint, but it still acts as normal sprint, just that it instantly kicks them back into sprint mode after they stop sprinting. Honestly, it's the players that DON'T have BetterSprint that are the players with the problem. TBH, every server nowadays allows client mods such as this. This is literally the only server that has an auto-detect if you have Forge with Better sprint. In my opinion, we should be allowed to use it on several reasons.
  • 1. So what if it gives us an advantage? If people don't like it, then they should install it to make everything fair. Don't go ahead and say "Well, what if we don't know how to mod our Minecraft?", because it's so simple, even a person without a BRAIN can use it. If someone can install Optifine, they can install Better Sprint.
  • 2. All the YouTubers out there use it, and if they don't have it, then they're not what we call "gamers" in my opinion. If they don't have Better Sprint and they play on MCSG, they are "gamers", but the only reason that they don't have Better Sprint is because your stupid plugin bans people for using it.
  • 3. Why was it banned in the first place? When did you start to even notice people complaining about unfair advantages with Better Sprint? Did anyone even complain, or did you guys just ban it because you simply had to to prevent so-called "unfair-advantages"?
  • 4. Honestly, everyone nowadays uses Better Sprint. If they don't, then they SHOULD install it. Why not encourage users to install it? It's a great Minecraft Community Modification that fixes some bugs and adds a GUI to add extra optional features. The fact that your servers don't allow this sends new players into shock if they join with the Better Sprint mod. It'll make players want to NOT play on this server in-fact. Also, read below for more information not regarding Better Sprint on why I choose not to play on this server.
My Framerate Drops Intensely while playing on your servers. 4 frames while on hub? Now I may not have the best computer, but if I go on per-say, Nexus, Hypixel, Shotbow, or SkyDoesMinecraft network, I don't get any lag whatsoever. What's with your servers? Did you know too many fences, item frames, paintings, and other transparent blocks can cause client side lag? Even with your SurvivalGames lobbies, I get the same amount of frames like on Hub. And those are floating islands in the middle of the void for crying out loud! No one lags in the void!

If you go and say that I have a crap/sh*t/cheap computer than GTFO, who cares what computer I have. The builders should at least consider how it'll be for lower-end computers.

Also, in my opinion, you need a wider selection of minigames. Not everyone likes PVP-oriented minigames. What if I like parkour? What if I like Hide and seek/PropHunt? Obviously, if I'm looking for any of those minigames/gametypes then this server is not for me, considering pretty much all of your servers are PVP oriented.

Next up, your plugins. Your plugins are pretty good, but are also pretty average. I prefer plugins with extra bonus features, whereas IMO, your plugins are your average run-of-the-mill plugins. Your servers are not unique, Survival-Games-X is the most popular SurvivalGames plugin for BungeeCord backends, and they completely copied off of your SurvivalGames for crying out loud! At least make your SG one-of-a-kind so people would be more likely to come back! That's why Nexus, Hypixel, and Mineplex have more players; they have one-of-a-kind plugins with special features you can't simply find off of Bukkit Dev. If you want a bigger player-base, a simple SurvivalGames plugin with voting isn't going to get you far with your server. At least change it up a bit. I know you try to be as vanilla as possible with your SurvivalGames, but honestly, Nexus SurvivalGames or the official Minecraft SurvivalGames? Nexus IMO (even though it's buggy). Speaking of bugs, I was playing on the Icarus map. Completely bugged out. We all spawned on one pedestal when the game started, and I almost fell into the void because of a corrupt chunk. When deathmatch started, we also once again spawned on one pedestal. I was killed instantly. Found that SurvivalGames to be completely unfair, and that's the last time I played on MCSG. If you're planning on making a successful server, DON'T go and add more servers, fix the broken ones first.

If you've read this far, then thanks. I know I'm going to get a lot of hate and probably a ban for criticizing the server, but once again, this is my HONEST opinion.

I'm not a hater of any of the YouTubers that play on here, except the minigame selection is bland, pretty much all PVP oriented. The SurvivalGames is a little buggy. Just needs a complete re-write in the code in my opinion.

I disabled Email notifications to prevent my email getting spammed with the 1,000,000 emails I'm about to get for all the things people are about to say.

- AlzDoesMC

Reaction score
Everything voiced in this thread is MY OPINION and I am entitled to my own opinion. I am entitled the right to freedom of speech as I am in United States of America. If I am banned from MCSG because of this, then so be it. Lock the thread, delete it, delete my account, report me, I really don't care.

Hello there. My name is alzdoesmc. I'm an average PVP'er and love to play the SurvivalGames/Hunger Games. Now I'd like to start off by saying the things that were amazing with this server.

The community is great, IMO much better than Hive (Hive IMO has a very average-terrible community. RekT, Shrekt, eZ, none of that's on MCSG). Hive is not even comparable to this server (except that Hive has more of a minigame selection).

However, that's pretty much the only thing I like about this server.

I'm NOT bashing the community or the staff here, I'm just voicing my honest opinion.

So, as you can probably already tell by the previous paragraph/sentence, I'm now going to get on to why I don't prefer MCSG and why I'd prefer other servers over this.

I'd like to start with when I first joined (like, the very first time). I joined with Better Sprint mod. I joined for several seconds and then tried using my compass, but only to be greeted with a banned message saying that I've been banned for 10 minutes for using Better Sprint.

I instantly flipped out. What a nice greeting for a new player using a simple MOD. Honestly, I don't really understand why Better sprint is banned in the first place. Why is it, exactly? Because it gives players advantages or something? Well tough sh*t. Everyone nowadays uses Better Sprint, and if they don't then they should honestly get it. It's a simple bug fix for Minecraft with some keybinds, how does that give players with the mod an advantage? Sure they have a toggleable feature to turn on/off sprint, but it still acts as normal sprint, just that it instantly kicks them back into sprint mode after they stop sprinting. Honestly, it's the players that DON'T have BetterSprint that are the players with the problem. TBH, every server nowadays allows client mods such as this. This is literally the only server that has an auto-detect if you have Forge with Better sprint. In my opinion, we should be allowed to use it on several reasons.
  • 1. So what if it gives us an advantage? If people don't like it, then they should install it to make everything fair. Don't go ahead and say "Well, what if we don't know how to mod our Minecraft?", because it's so simple, even a person without a BRAIN can use it. If someone can install Optifine, they can install Better Sprint.
  • 2. All the YouTubers out there use it, and if they don't have it, then they're not what we call "gamers" in my opinion. If they don't have Better Sprint and they play on MCSG, they are "gamers", but the only reason that they don't have Better Sprint is because your stupid plugin bans people for using it.
  • 3. Why was it banned in the first place? When did you start to even notice people complaining about unfair advantages with Better Sprint? Did anyone even complain, or did you guys just ban it because you simply had to to prevent so-called "unfair-advantages"?
  • 4. Honestly, everyone nowadays uses Better Sprint. If they don't, then they SHOULD install it. Why not encourage users to install it? It's a great Minecraft Community Modification that fixes some bugs and adds a GUI to add extra optional features. The fact that your servers don't allow this sends new players into shock if they join with the Better Sprint mod. It'll make players want to NOT play on this server in-fact. Also, read below for more information not regarding Better Sprint on why I choose not to play on this server.
My Framerate Drops Intensely while playing on your servers. 4 frames while on hub? Now I may not have the best computer, but if I go on per-say, Nexus, Hypixel, Shotbow, or SkyDoesMinecraft network, I don't get any lag whatsoever. What's with your servers? Did you know too many fences, item frames, paintings, and other transparent blocks can cause client side lag? Even with your SurvivalGames lobbies, I get the same amount of frames like on Hub. And those are floating islands in the middle of the void for crying out loud! No one lags in the void!

If you go and say that I have a crap/sh*t/cheap computer than GTFO, who cares what computer I have. The builders should at least consider how it'll be for lower-end computers.

Also, in my opinion, you need a wider selection of minigames. Not everyone likes PVP-oriented minigames. What if I like parkour? What if I like Hide and seek/PropHunt? Obviously, if I'm looking for any of those minigames/gametypes then this server is not for me, considering pretty much all of your servers are PVP oriented.

Next up, your plugins. Your plugins are pretty good, but are also pretty average. I prefer plugins with extra bonus features, whereas IMO, your plugins are your average run-of-the-mill plugins. Your servers are not unique, Survival-Games-X is the most popular SurvivalGames plugin for BungeeCord backends, and they completely copied off of your SurvivalGames for crying out loud! At least make your SG one-of-a-kind so people would be more likely to come back! That's why Nexus, Hypixel, and Mineplex have more players; they have one-of-a-kind plugins with special features you can't simply find off of Bukkit Dev. If you want a bigger player-base, a simple SurvivalGames plugin with voting isn't going to get you far with your server. At least change it up a bit. I know you try to be as vanilla as possible with your SurvivalGames, but honestly, Nexus SurvivalGames or the official Minecraft SurvivalGames? Nexus IMO (even though it's buggy). Speaking of bugs, I was playing on the Icarus map. Completely bugged out. We all spawned on one pedestal when the game started, and I almost fell into the void because of a corrupt chunk. When deathmatch started, we also once again spawned on one pedestal. I was killed instantly. Found that SurvivalGames to be completely unfair, and that's the last time I played on MCSG. If you're planning on making a successful server, DON'T go and add more servers, fix the broken ones first.

If you've read this far, then thanks. I know I'm going to get a lot of hate and probably a ban for criticizing the server, but once again, this is my HONEST opinion.

I'm not a hater of any of the YouTubers that play on here, except the minigame selection is bland, pretty much all PVP oriented. The SurvivalGames is a little buggy. Just needs a complete re-write in the code in my opinion.

I disabled Email notifications to prevent my email getting spammed with the 1,000,000 emails I'm about to get for all the things people are about to say.

- AlzDoesMC
I don't want to sound like a douchebag (that i am) but pretty much everything you said is not true and bs..

w0wmonkey

Career
Reaction score
Dude, BSM its a mod that gives advantage. maybe everyone can download it, but in my opinion, PvP Without mods is the way to go.
I am on MCSG community for almost 2 years, and I hated fighting BSM Players.
I Used it on hive, And I know the advantage that this thing gives you.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If you think that if people don't want to have a disadvantage they should get BSM, why is hacking any different? Hacking gives an advantage. By your logic, it's fine. People should hack themselves if they don't like being disadvantaged.

The game isn't that laggy. It's not perfect but it's really not that bad, and my computer is completely not optimized for gaming.

It's a mainly PvP server. You wouldn't go to a survival server and tell them they're bad because they don't have Prop Hunt. If you want prop hunt, you're right: this isn't where you'd play. This gripe is stupid, it's like complaining that Madden doesn't have a baseball mode.

The plugin is very well made and is optimal for competitive play. This server is a more competitive SG server, whereas Mineplex and Nexus are noncompetitive and different. You're griping that we aren't a different server basically, and you basically want us to change literally everything.

You can have your opinion, but I think we can all agree your opinion is dumb. It's okay that you don't like the server, there are things that I can see people might not like, but you're basically asking to change the server completely to what you want, which is an experience other servers already give. It wouldn't be good for this server to change radically because it would alienate the players that like this experience. You probably shouldn't play here.

That's all I have to say about that.

Last edited:

alzdoesmc

Spectator
Reaction score
Does your opinion matter? no.
That is entirely rude and uncalled for. Don't say that.
Dude, BSM its a mod that gives advantage. maybe everyone can download it, but in my opinion, PvP Without mods is the way to go.
I am on MCSG community for almost 2 years, and I hated fighting BSM Players.
I Used it on hive, And I know the advantage that this thing gives you.
I understand. I was just saying that maybe I should've been given several warnings rather than a straight up ban as soon as I join the server for the first time.
The only reason you're saying Nexus is bigger than us is cause youtubers play on it, BajanCanadian, JeromeASF, everything you said is not true
Not everything may be true, but I am true to my opinion. And what about people being able to use SurvivalGamesX? Does anyone agree hear that MCSG should be more unique and one-of-a-kind? Someone has to agree with me on at least that.
If you think that if people don't want to have a disadvantage they should get BSM, why is hacking any different? Hacking gives an advantage. By your logic, it's fine. People should hack themselves if they don't like being disadvantaged.

The game isn't that laggy. It's not perfect but it's really not that bad, and my computer is completely not optimized for gaming.

It's a mainly PvP server. You wouldn't go to a survival server and tell them they're bad because they don't have Prop Hunt. If you want prop hunt, you're right: this isn't where you'd play. This gripe is stupid, it's like complaining that Madden doesn't have a baseball mode.

The plugin is very well made and is optimal for competitive play. This server is a more competitive SG server, whereas Mineplex and Nexus are noncompetitive and different. You're griping that we aren't a different server basically, and you basically want us to change literally everything.

You can have your opinion, but I think we can all agree your opinion is dumb.

That's all I have to say about that.
1. What does hacking have to do with this? I never said ANYTHING about hacking.
2. Ok, same here :p
3. I never said anything like that. I said that maybe they should offer more gametypes/gamemodes.
4. Competitive or not, it still needs to be more fun. This whole community is no fun and relies on being intensively serious. How is Nexus not competitive? 170 points on Nexus is not competitive? The whole survivalgames in general is supposed to be competitive, and Nexus defines it with "Mutations".
5. My opinion is not dumb. I am entitled to free speech. And I said that you can judge me, but I'd prefer that you not call it that. You've stated your opinion far enough.

alzdoesmc

Spectator
Reaction score
Before you go bashing the Nexus as well...the only reason Nexus has less players is because it's not updated for UUID support. In their "Version 2", they will update it. Not everyone knows how to downgrade. I swear, if everyone knew how to downgrade, they would do it and they'd have at least 2000 players like when they did when they launched. Same with if it would update to 1.7.9.

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Great now I have to go on a rant from your ignorance.

First off if you don't like the server don't play here, we don't appreciate you going around acting that every server needs to be exactly as you want it to be. These "flaws" that you are talking about, have been in no way affecting me.
BSM: it is not allowed for a reason. Before 1.7 sprint you couldn't just tap a button and sprint continuously, but considering that you are a BSM user and came after the update, you wouldn't know that you would have had to double tap to sprint. And even now BSM gives an advantage, because it allows you to run continuously even when hit with an obstacle. And if you think everyone can install it, you are wrong. Even if they wanted to some people have an extreme lag issue which would only be increased by adding a mod. MCSG outlaws this mod because otherwise people with terrible computers won't have a fair advantage.

Unique Plugin: I'm sorry, but if you actually payed attention, you would know that we have dedicated developers make a completely CUSTOM plugin. So what if it doesn't have a disaster that will kill you. If you want that play quarter quell.

Mini games: if you want more mini games, we are getting more from the AntVenom merger, so it is clear you don't pay attention or know the facts before you start accusing of things.

Glitches: this isn't very prominent before you start to criticize people for one glitch that happened once, maybe you try to create a plugin one day and see how hard it is to actually make a perfect one, and if there is a glitch just report it on the forums and the Devs will try to fix it as soon as possible.

My rant is done. Please actually check your factions before you make yourself look stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci