• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Opinion on MCSG (My Community Story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Everything voiced in this thread is MY OPINION and I am entitled to my own opinion. I am entitled the right to freedom of speech as I am in United States of America. If I am banned from MCSG because of this, then so be it. Lock the thread, delete it, delete my account, report me, I really don't care.

Hello there. My name is alzdoesmc. I'm an average PVP'er and love to play the SurvivalGames/Hunger Games. Now I'd like to start off by saying the things that were amazing with this server.

The community is great, IMO much better than Hive (Hive IMO has a very average-terrible community. RekT, Shrekt, eZ, none of that's on MCSG). Hive is not even comparable to this server (except that Hive has more of a minigame selection).
Let me start here: freedom of speech doesn't protect you for anything unrelated to the government.

Also, MCGamer actually does have a ton of people that say things like that. In fact, all communities do.

However, that's pretty much the only thing I like about this server.

I'm NOT bashing the community or the staff here, I'm just voicing my honest opinion.

So, as you can probably already tell by the previous paragraph/sentence, I'm now going to get on to why I don't prefer MCSG and why I'd prefer other servers over this.

I'd like to start with when I first joined (like, the very first time). I joined with Better Sprint mod. I joined for several seconds and then tried using my compass, but only to be greeted with a banned message saying that I've been banned for 10 minutes for using Better Sprint.

I instantly flipped out. What a nice greeting for a new player using a simple MOD. Honestly, I don't really understand why Better sprint is banned in the first place. Why is it, exactly? Because it gives players advantages or something? Well tough sh*t. Everyone nowadays uses Better Sprint, and if they don't then they should honestly get it. It's a simple bug fix for Minecraft with some keybinds, how does that give players with the mod an advantage? Sure they have a toggleable feature to turn on/off sprint, but it still acts as normal sprint, just that it instantly kicks them back into sprint mode after they stop sprinting. Honestly, it's the players that DON'T have BetterSprint that are the players with the problem. TBH, every server nowadays allows client mods such as this. This is literally the only server that has an auto-detect if you have Forge with Better sprint. In my opinion, we should be allowed to use it on several reasons.
  • 1. So what if it gives us an advantage? If people don't like it, then they should install it to make everything fair. Don't go ahead and say "Well, what if we don't know how to mod our Minecraft?", because it's so simple, even a person without a BRAIN can use it. If someone can install Optifine, they can install Better Sprint.
  • 2. All the YouTubers out there use it, and if they don't have it, then they're not what we call "gamers" in my opinion. If they don't have Better Sprint and they play on MCSG, they are "gamers", but the only reason that they don't have Better Sprint is because your stupid plugin bans people for using it.
  • 3. Why was it banned in the first place? When did you start to even notice people complaining about unfair advantages with Better Sprint? Did anyone even complain, or did you guys just ban it because you simply had to to prevent so-called "unfair-advantages"?
  • 4. Honestly, everyone nowadays uses Better Sprint. If they don't, then they SHOULD install it. Why not encourage users to install it? It's a great Minecraft Community Modification that fixes some bugs and adds a GUI to add extra optional features. The fact that your servers don't allow this sends new players into shock if they join with the Better Sprint mod. It'll make players want to NOT play on this server in-fact. Also, read below for more information not regarding Better Sprint on why I choose not to play on this server.
BSM was banned way before 1.7 came out. It gave multiple advantages at the time that were unfair to the users that did not have the mod. And if you are trying to say that it doesn't really give many advantages, then why bother downloading it?

Also, please don't encourage others to break the rules.

My Framerate Drops Intensely while playing on your servers. 4 frames while on hub? Now I may not have the best computer, but if I go on per-say, Nexus, Hypixel, Shotbow, or SkyDoesMinecraft network, I don't get any lag whatsoever. What's with your servers? Did you know too many fences, item frames, paintings, and other transparent blocks can cause client side lag? Even with your SurvivalGames lobbies, I get the same amount of frames like on Hub. And those are floating islands in the middle of the void for crying out loud! No one lags in the void!

If you go and say that I have a crap/sh*t/cheap computer than GTFO, who cares what computer I have. The builders should at least consider how it'll be for lower-end computers.
That's funny; I don't lag at all while in the hub or lobby. And is it really a huge problem if you do? After all, you aren't here to sit around and explore the hub. You're here to play the games!

Also, in my opinion, you need a wider selection of minigames. Not everyone likes PVP-oriented minigames. What if I like parkour? What if I like Hide and seek/PropHunt? Obviously, if I'm looking for any of those minigames/gametypes then this server is not for me, considering pretty much all of your servers are PVP oriented.
Let's see - we have 3 types of Survival Games + Battlegrounds. We ALSO have MCTF2 and Creative, which actually aren't that PvP based and more of strategy/fun games.

Also, if you've been reading the news updates, we recently bought out the AntVenom network including all their minigames. News flash: their minigames aren't pvp based. In fact, they are quite fun! Look for the minigames to be out on the servers within the next month.

Next up, your plugins. Your plugins are pretty good, but are also pretty average. I prefer plugins with extra bonus features, whereas IMO, your plugins are your average run-of-the-mill plugins. Your servers are not unique, Survival-Games-X is the most popular SurvivalGames plugin for BungeeCord backends, and they completely copied off of your SurvivalGames for crying out loud! At least make your SG one-of-a-kind so people would be more likely to come back! That's why Nexus, Hypixel, and Mineplex have more players; they have one-of-a-kind plugins with special features you can't simply find off of Bukkit Dev. If you want a bigger player-base, a simple SurvivalGames plugin with voting isn't going to get you far with your server. At least change it up a bit. I know you try to be as vanilla as possible with your SurvivalGames, but honestly, Nexus SurvivalGames or the official Minecraft SurvivalGames? Nexus IMO (even though it's buggy). Speaking of bugs, I was playing on the Icarus map. Completely bugged out. We all spawned on one pedestal when the game started, and I almost fell into the void because of a corrupt chunk. When deathmatch started, we also once again spawned on one pedestal. I was killed instantly. Found that SurvivalGames to be completely unfair, and that's the last time I played on MCSG. If you're planning on making a successful server, DON'T go and add more servers, fix the broken ones first.
If you don't already know, we are actually the first large community to come out with Survival Games. In fact, we are the largest Survival Games community out of every MC community!

Nexus, Hypixel, and Mineplex do NOT have more players than us. MCGamer is one of the top servers in player count and it has been for over 2 years. Only the Hive has more players on a regular basis, and that is simply because they offer a more diverse amount of gamemodes.

It also seems a bit redundant on telling us how to make a successful server considering we have been the most successful server network out of all of them! If you come across bugs, report them in the bug reports section of the forums if you really want to help...
You might come across a few bugs, but they are far from many and you'll go many hundreds of games before encountering another.

And I just took a look at your last game played: it was on a Canadian server. In fact, it was on CA1. CA1 is known to be buggy and the devs are actually working on fixing it. However, it is not at the top of their list of priorities.

If you've read this far, then thanks. I know I'm going to get a lot of hate and probably a ban for criticizing the server, but once again, this is my HONEST opinion.

I'm not a hater of any of the YouTubers that play on here, except the minigame selection is bland, pretty much all PVP oriented. The SurvivalGames is a little buggy. Just needs a complete re-write in the code in my opinion.

I disabled Email notifications to prevent my email getting spammed with the 1,000,000 emails I'm about to get for all the things people are about to say.
The SG is not buggy; again, you ran across one server that had known bugs. You've played 5 total games! You can't really judge MCGamer with no experience at all, which is what you are doing. Also, we are not rewriting the code. Our SG plugin was the first and original one made for a major server network, and has no problems at all.

Next time, actually experience the network before you hate.

That is all.

Edit: I'm half asleep and currently down with a bad cold. Read duckluv321's post for more accurate info-

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...my-community-story.125454/page-3#post-1427477

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci