• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My pov on moderator requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Hello there people,

I want to give my opinion about some of the new/current staff members.
I see that some of the moderators made a forum account 1 week before they became moderator and some have only 5 messages. I find it very weird that they become moderator and some of the experienced users get denied.
I would like to see 2 new requirements added for becomming a moderator.

-At least 1 month active member (both ingame and on the forums)
-At least 150 messages and 10 hours of gameplay experience.

In this way they get to know the community better and the community get to know them better.
Also I would like to see the accepted moderator applies on the forums, to see what kind of people get accepted.
I know that some of the experienced survival games players support my vision.
I would love to see your opinion on this.

'Stijn

Edit: I do not want any flamewars here, I'm just giving my opinion and want to see what others think.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
-At least 150 messages and 10 hours of gameplay experience.
As a moderator, it doesn't necessarily matter how active you are on the forums as opposed to in game. The forums aren't as "booming" as in game, so it's actually not as easy to get that many posts.

Take me for example, I'm one of the most active players in game, yet I only have 60 some posts on the forums. I lurk the forums quite a bit, but don't post. I'm always watching! Remember, as a mod, it's about banning the hackers, not being really active on these forums (though it is a plus).

kricken

Career
Reaction score
I don't have over 150 messages, but I'm familiar with the majority of the community. You made some good points, but statistics don't always accurately represent how well a staff member knows the community. I know a bunch of mods are more active on teamspeak and on servers than they are on the forums. It balances out.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
As a moderator, it doesn't necessarily matter how active you are on the forums as opposed to in game. The forums aren't as "booming" as in game, so it's actually not as easy to get that many posts.
Well everyone can make 150 posts in one month, and it will make the forums much more active.
But as I said it is good to communicate with the other members on the forums.
I don't have over 150 messages, but I'm familiar with the majority of the community.
Well only with the people who are able to get on teamspeak.
But as you said, statistics are not everything.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
its like u stijn ur active in the forums and im sure everyone sees you too. But i dont know how active u are ingame as i have never seen you personally but then again i play in the eu servers

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Nice points but maybe a lower amount of messages?
I think 150 is just right.

its like u stijn ur active in the forums and im sure everyone sees you too. But i dont know how active u are ingame as i have never seen you personally but then again i play in the eu servers
I play on the EU servers.
I don't know what you're trying to say but I do not wish to become a moderator ingame.
First of all I do not want that responsibility and second I can't play all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci