• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My Rant about Mod Application's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
Sorry, Korrenian, but like you said in your own post, "13 year old thing does have a drama factor to it (This thread in the first place)". The very reason younger moderators aren't hired is based off of immaturity and the drama that comes with it, your post like you said proves that point. We know that it's unfair for people to be denied based solely off their age but that's how it is. The large majority of people in your age range are immature and overly dramatic if anyone is to blame for the bias it's the children that are immature and dramatic. It's not our fault that younger people tend to be immature and our only way to combat that is to be unfair to the more mature people.

Part of being mature is to have the ability to accept things you cannot change, this is one of those things.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I'm 14, and I was pretty much asked to apply for mod. I did, it took me 2 posts to send it in, and what frustrates me is that it wasn't even read.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
I'm 14, and I was pretty much asked to apply for mod. I did, it took me 2 posts to send it in, and what frustrates me is that it wasn't even read.
It was read. Whenever we review applications below the age limit, we write down other reasons thr applicnnt was denied. This way they can see what they need to improve when they reapply at an older age.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
Sorry, Korrenian, but like you said in your own post, "13 year old thing does have a drama factor to it (This thread in the first place)". The very reason younger moderators aren't hired is based off of immaturity and the drama that comes with it, your post like you said proves that point. We know that it's unfair for people to be denied based solely off their age but that's how it is. The large majority of people in your age range are immature and overly dramatic if anyone is to blame for the bias it's the children that are immature and dramatic. It's not our fault that younger people tend to be immature and our only way to combat that is to be unfair to the more mature people.

Part of being mature is to have the ability to accept things you cannot change, this is one of those things.
That's not always the case, real maturity is often realising that something needs to change, and having the courage to step forward and state your arguments as to why it should change, if maturity was as you say, nothing would move forward, we'd still be living in the dark ages.
I was a bit sceptical about his main post, but his second actually changed my opinion on the matter, maybe there are 14, 13, hell maybe even 12 year olds out there that are mature enough to moderate a server.
I'm not saying that all 12, 13 and 14 year olds should be considered, but if they have been considered in the past, and with good yield, it seems nonsensical to not even consider extreme cases now.
Having said all of that, I will concede that it can be hard to know whether the candidate is lying or not, and that the person could be using a facade in order to gain the privileges for abuse, but on the whole, people will not want to waste the time doing so, as they will know that they will most likely be kicked from the team soon after abusing the power, so the time spent on the application will be wasted to them.
Hopefully this guy can get enough people on board to get his point noticed and considered for reviewal, good luck MrKorrenian.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
It was read. Whenever we review applications below the age limit, we write down other reasons thr applicnnt was denied. This way they can see what they need to improve when they reapply at an older age.
It would be nice to be told things such as whether your app was good or not, where you could do with a bit more detail, where you could do with a little less, and even whether you should apply again when you're older.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
It would be nice to be told things such as whether your app was good or not, where you could do with a bit more detail, where you could do with a little less, and even whether you should apply again when you're older.
Erm, that's what he's saying they do.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Coming from a 13 year old, I feel it's a good idea to set the minimum age to 15.

I have no intention on becoming a moderator when I do age, but I'll say this. Most people below the age limit are immature and wouldn't handle the power given to them. (Keep in mind I yell in chat and say things I shouldn't sometimes, I don't consider myself any different) People who are 15 or 16 are very mature and can handle the job without causing such a mess, as a 12 or 13 year old would.

Now, I'm not saying every single person under the minimum age is immature, but you can't make a response, and tell me that most under the limit would handle it. Cause in reality, they wouldn't. Trust me, I have to deal with some of them on a daily basis.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, the age limit does help keep out the riffraff. But there are some people that would be great mods in my opinion that are too young. I for one would love to be a mod to get rid of people that break the rules. That way when I tell people don't spam, or don't swear, my warnings actually have weight. But I guess I will just have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci