• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My resignation

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
Damn... I feel like that in a few months there won't be any good staff members left...
Shame to see you go, but I understand why. I wish you good luck for what the future may hold for you.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Alright, there are a lot of things said in here that I need to comment on.

I've seen the staff team turn from a family to a battleground, it seems common place now for there to be some sort of argument, disagreement or poor decision making going on
We now have over one hundred and fifty moderators. Of course there's going to be conflict, compared to the huge family we had back when it was about sixty moderators. However, the only really

there are very little benefits to being staff now
You never signed up to get benefits. You applied for moderator in order to help the community. When I got mod (and this was after you) we didn't have custom channels, and we didn't care. We had mod chats, and we talked in there. We didn't need to separate into a ton of custom channels at the bottom of the TeamSpeak, because everybody was friendly and knew each other, as it was a much smaller community back then.

The reason the custom channels were almost removed is related to what you said above. People were being left out of custom channels, people had their group of friends, and we weren't the family that always hung out in the mod chats together. It was just a trial to see how things would go, and to be honest, I thought relations between staff members improved.

And frankly, what other benefits could you possibly get? You basically have a free premium upgrade as a staff member, which you will keep after you resign if you do a good job. There's literally nothing else you can get.

Another reason I am leaving is that I have been waiting for MCTF2 to come back, it's one of the only reasons I have held on for as long as I have, but the way things seem to be going recently, I can't see it ever coming back.
Check out the latest announcement, the biggest priority once the Quarter Quell gamemode is released will be pushing out all of the gamemodes (MCTF2, ZedChase, etc).

Some admins, I will not name any, are failing to realise that people are doing this out of their own good will and free time, and as such their roles should not be treated as roles within a company, by all means show people how they are supposed to be doing things, but do not record their bans and force them to complete monthly surveys, yes there is a level of professionalism that needs to be met, but there also needs to be a level of sociability that needs to be met, we are a game server after all, not an army regiment.
Yet, people are complaining that the mods no longer meet the standards they used to, that they don't know what they're doing, etc. You may believe that there's no need to behave in a professional manner all the time (and I know that this is something multiple people have been saying) but if you act immaturely, or even just joke around, people would end up complaining about the lack of professionalism in the staff.

---------------------------------------------------

Frankly, as we have been telling everybody that has issues, the best thing to do isn't to make a public thread and cause drama. Contact an administrator or senior staff member. We do discuss it, we do bring it up at our meetings and in the Skype chat, but just because something doesn't happen immediately doesn't mean that nothing is going to happen at all.

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
You never signed up to get benefits. You applied for moderator in order to help the community. When I got mod (and this was after you) we didn't have custom channels, and we didn't care. We had mod chats, and we talked in there. We didn't need to separate into a ton of custom channels at the bottom of the TeamSpeak, because everybody was friendly and knew each other, as it was a much smaller community back then.
Firstly, don't tell me what I did or didn't do, and you're missing the point, the channels was an example, yet again the defence mechanism has kicked in, any time anybody suggests something might be wrong it gets patted down, to be frank I'm sick of it, and there has to be some kind of mutual gain.

The reason the custom channels were almost removed is related to what you said above. People were being left out of custom channels, people had their group of friends, and we weren't the family that always hung out in the mod chats together. It was just a trial to see how things would go, and to be honest, I thought relations between staff members improved.
Well if you'd call people whining and complaining about private custom channels being removed an improvement, yeah we improved, but I don't think you're in a good position to call that since all you did was sit in the Sr Staff channel the entire time.

And frankly, what other benefits could you possibly get? You basically have a free premium upgrade as a staff member, which you will keep after you resign if you do a good job. There's literally nothing else you can get.
Like I have already said you miss the point, what is the benefit of doing the job, when I can simply resign, get pretty much all the perks and cut out a lot of the rubbish.

Check out the latest announcement, the biggest priority once the Quarter Quell gamemode is released will be pushing out all of the gamemodes (MCTF2, ZedChase, etc).
And how many times have I heard that?

Yet, people are complaining that the mods no longer meet the standards they used to, that they don't know what they're doing, etc. You may believe that there's no need to behave in a professional manner all the time (and I know that this is something multiple people have been saying) but if you act immaturely, or even just joke around, people would end up complaining about the lack of professionalism in the staff.
Because you're doing nothing to keep your older better moderators, you're constantly pulling in new mods and wondering why bad decisions are being made, so you decided to make the leap from very little training, to training everybody, old and new. As long as you're forcing out the older staff and pulling in new staff, you're always going to have this issue, a balance needs to be met.

Frankly, as we have been telling everybody that has issues, the best thing to do isn't to make a public thread and cause drama. Contact an administrator or senior staff member. We do discuss it, we do bring it up at our meetings and in the Skype chat, but just because something doesn't happen immediately doesn't mean that nothing is going to happen at all.
I don't believe I have caused drama, in fact I specifically sought out an Admin and a Sr Mod before posting this to ensure that it is not too specific, so don't you dare accuse me of doing anything to harm this community, my aim is to make staff see that we can't go on like this, it seems you're too blind to see it.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Alright, there are a lot of things said in here that I need to comment on.

We now have over one hundred and fifty moderators. Of course there's going to be conflict, compared to the huge family we had back when it was about sixty moderators. However, the only really

I must admit, the way you put it makes it sound like everything's going to be OK.

From my point of view, there are issues being caused by the members that are causing issues within the staff. And then, from those issues within the staff, it causes some issues that the Sr. Staff and Admins get involved in. And then the Staff as a whole gets disapproving looks from the regular community, because they're having issues and conflicts, which were caused by the regular community, who fails to realize that they're the cause of everything. And they point fingers at the staff - because who else are you going to blame? When in doubt, you look to the higher authorities.
But with that said, I do also hold the opinion that there are issues within both the staff and the community. And, of course, I must acknowledge that some of the issues do originate from the staff itself, such as corrupt staff members, false demotions, promotions of unworthy people, or things of the sort. But they can be expected from nearly any and every gaming community - the owner and admins and Sr. Mods do their best to interview and screen staff members, but troubles can develop at any time, such as after they are already a staff member. And then, of course, there's people like a certain panda who somehow fake their age and get Moderator at a young age. (I had more to write but I ended up on like 3 other threads and forgot.)
Firstly, don't tell me what I did or didn't do, and you're missing the point, the channels was an example, yet again the defence mechanism has kicked in, any time anybody suggests something might be wrong it gets patted down, to be frank I'm sick of it, and there has to be some kind of mutual gain.

Well if you'd call people whining and complaining about private custom channels being removed an improvement, yeah we improved, but I don't think you're in a good position to call that since all you did was sit in the Sr Staff channel the entire time.

Like I have already said you miss the point, what is the benefit of doing the job, when I can simply resign, get pretty much all the perks and cut out a lot of the rubbish.

And how many times have I heard that?

Because you're doing nothing to keep your older better moderators, you're constantly pulling in new mods and wondering why bad decisions are being made, so you decided to make the leap from very little training, to training everybody, old and new. As long as you're forcing out the older staff and pulling in new staff, you're always going to have this issue, a balance needs to be met.

I don't believe I have caused drama, in fact I specifically sought out an Admin and a Sr Mod before posting this to ensure that it is not too specific, so don't you dare accuse me of doing anything to harm this community, my aim is to make staff see that we can't go on like this, it seems you're too blind to see it.
I sincerely hope these posts don't get deleted or locked for flame. You raise some valid concerns with reasons. Thank you for pointing these things out.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Change.. it seems to be what everyone in this community wants.. Countless people have asked for some sort of change after resigning.. or being fired; most wanting the same changes but nothing changes for the most part. How can you ignore change when everyone is begging for it in some way?

Sad to see you go though Dice. You were a pretty nice guy in the few time I have got the pleasure of talking to you. You will be missed man <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci