• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My suggestion... (This will stop campers and more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A big ploblem are campers... But the camping are they METHOD and this will actual make it better for everyone...
They should remove Diamonds and iron Armour because:
1. This will make bows more valuable while they now are unsual on people with armour on...
2. Diamond swords will kill everyone that not has a iron armour and at least a iron sword...
3. Campers never get diamonds and iron armour/sword corn... But if your do this they will likely find chain/gold/leather and be happy, but when someone cames with iron they are realy unusal.
4. Spectators are spamming/other because of it is boring to watch people camping around... But when people not have to be worry to be attack by a guy/team with iron armour and diamond/iron sword, they will explore more...
5. Spectators are spamming/other because of the boring fights: a guy/team with iron armour and iron/diamond sword are hunting after people that they have seen that likely has a few leather/gold/chain armour and wood/stone axe/sword and own them. This will make spectator have funnier watch + a funnier game for MANY.
6. This will decrease the amount of : THIS IS NOT LIKE THE REAL HUNGER GAMES! For this will actual make this be more like the hunger games. People that are acting like Katniss, Rue and Foxface (Not want to fight) will actual have a possible victory!
7. I actual forgoted this... SORRY!

Mick

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above.
Diamond Swords and Iron Armor are a pain in the ass.
Especially when the winner is declared just by camping the mid chests.

Either that, or don't refill the middle chests, and refill the other chests with a random set of items, taken from a database of possible chest contents.

Another thing to address is camping, obviously this is tackled well by the whole chests and diamond swords/iron armor thing, but maybe make it so that if you spend too long in the same 25x25x25 patch, you start losing hearts slowly.

hmm. Another is possibly /votekick, if someone's abusing the rules or something, nothing can be done about it on the fly yet, and admins can't supervise all the time.
So if the spectators can initiate a /votekick [playername] and others can /vote [yes] or [no], the game will be a lot more enjoyable.
Just make it so that only one vote can be in effect at one time.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I completely disagree. All of those are pretty bad, because Iron armour is perfectly fair and so are diamond sword. If you have the skill to weild them, they are good. Also, I have had much worse armour then iron armour and I had an iron sword or stone sword where the other person had a diamond sword. I have killed them before, they really arent that hard if you are good enough, and have atleast a wood sword and a full set of some sort of armour (or mixed armour).

Mick

Spectator
Reaction score
The vast majority of people can't kill someone that has a diamond sword with any lower grade sword.
It just doesn't happen.

You can argue this all you want, but I bet you're the type that has a diamond sword and iron gear every game.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The vast majority of people can't kill someone that has a diamond sword with any lower grade sword.
It just doesn't happen.

You can argue this all you want, but I bet you're the type that has a diamond sword and iron gear every game.
If you can't do this, playing on PvP servers is good practice. I played on a couple CTF servers, and I used to play single player a lot, where I would take out my sword, leave all other items in chests at home, and go kill some mobs. This helped a lot to improve my PvP skills.

I am that type of person, and as you play the Survival Games more often, you will be able to do this too. On my first time playing, I died quite quickly. Then some people taught me to look for chests around the map while spectating, and I did. I found a nice route for me to use, which is quite uncommonly used by other players. You can find one of these, and there will probably be a sword or the materials to craft an iron sword in them. Then you can go to a workbench on one of the main roads (there are lots, so it's really not hard to craft a sword). Also, I head to the cornucopia before nightfall and the chest refill, in order to stand a chance at getting some items.

Awopcxet

Experienced
Reaction score
Exactly!
I used to play on varius PvP servers and train on my PvP skill
but i doesn't look for a route while spec, never done that :p
First time on the map i found a nice route no one takes

Tetra_Zymph

Tribute
Reaction score
It just doesn't happen.

And you're the type who doesn't have the skill to acquire it. If you didn't realise it actually takes SKILL to hold the spawn and you're just mad that you can't.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Exactly!
I used to play on varius PvP servers and train on my PvP skill
but i doesn't look for a route while spec, never done that :p
First time on the map i found a nice route no one takes
:D
A big ploblem are campers... But the camping are they METHOD and this will actual make it better for everyone...
They should remove Diamonds and iron Armour because:
1. This will make bows more valuable while they now are unsual on people with armour on...
2. Diamond swords will kill everyone that not has a iron armour and at least a iron sword...
3. Campers never get diamonds and iron armour/sword corn... But if your do this they will likely find chain/gold/leather and be happy, but when someone cames with iron they are realy unusal.
4. Spectators are spamming/other because of it is boring to watch people camping around... But when people not have to be worry to be attack by a guy/team with iron armour and diamond/iron sword, they will explore more...
5. Spectators are spamming/other because of the boring fights: a guy/team with iron armour and iron/diamond sword are hunting after people that they have seen that likely has a few leather/gold/chain armour and wood/stone axe/sword and own them. This will make spectator have funnier watch + a funnier game for MANY.
6. This will decrease the amount of : THIS IS NOT LIKE THE REAL HUNGER GAMES! For this will actual make this be more like the hunger games. People that are acting like Katniss, Rue and Foxface (Not want to fight) will actual have a possible victory!
7. I actual forgoted this... SORRY!
1. Bows do more damage than a Diamond Sword. If you die, boo hoo
2. Diamonds are apart of the game, deal with it.
3. Campers never get good items because they are camping, they aren't running around like crazy at the corn. It's their own fault.
4. Spectators do that, I don't think so. I've never seen someone spam in SPEC mode, only in the Lobby. " Not worry about being attacked", thats stupid. you play on these servers to have the excitment of having people chase you with limited supplies.
5. Most of the SPEC are on youtube, facebook, reading etc etc. If you want some exciting fights, don't die early.
6.Stupid Idea

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Removing iron altogether would actually out skill into the game.
Because everyone will have a chance.

Zergling50

Spectator
Reaction score
bows may do more damage, but arrows i have found difficult to find. Im not saying that diamond or iron stuff should be banned, but i do find it annoying when after an eternity i finally manage to get on a server, but get killed early game due to poor luck. I do admit i am relatively new to the game, but i dont get the chance to improve due to servers always being full, and the fact that my friends have so many computer problems that i do not get the chance to practice with all of them on my own server. I do not have a terribly good idea on how to fix this, but if this point of view can be kept in mind when other people suggest things or change things it would be greatly appreciated. Note i am not saying that you all are not, i mean no disrespect, i am just stating this so that it is more aware to those who were less aware of this current situation. Thank you for taking the time to read this as i am a bit of a rambler and have trouble writing small posts and replies.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
bows may do more damage, but arrows i have found difficult to find. Im not saying that diamond or iron stuff should be banned, but i do find it annoying when after an eternity i finally manage to get on a server, but get killed early game due to poor luck. I do admit i am relatively new to the game, but i dont get the chance to improve due to servers always being full, and the fact that my friends have so many computer problems that i do not get the chance to practice with all of them on my own server. I do not have a terribly good idea on how to fix this, but if this point of view can be kept in mind when other people suggest things or change things it would be greatly appreciated. Note i am not saying that you all are not, i mean no disrespect, i am just stating this so that it is more aware to those who were less aware of this current situation. Thank you for taking the time to read this as i am a bit of a rambler and have trouble writing small posts and replies.
Easy to find. Skeletons.

Yakkro

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay With number 2. Diamond swords do half a heart more damage than an iron sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci