• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My view on mini-mods

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I've already given my two cents about minimods and a couple other threads so I'll keep it simple. I highly dislike minimods, and as some of them know, I will passive-aggressively attack them until they take a chill and stop telling at least me how the forums work. What I don't like is how a newer player can look at someone like me, see when I joined and how many posts I have, and tell me things about the forums as if I didn't already know. I have more experience here than them, I know when I'm crossing the line. Just some persoanl complaints I have about them.

Now, what I meant to post, that first part wasn't even in my head when I clicked on the text box... I'm actually very impressed (may not be the right word but I'm going with it) with how many mods here actually disapprove of minimods. I always felt as though they supported them which made us in the community who aren't mod resent minimods even more. They were irritating us, then the people we can't mouth off at support them. See what I'm saying? Regardless, I said I'd keep this short and now it's long for my standards, so pce.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I've already given my two cents about minimods and a couple other threads so I'll keep it simple. I highly dislike minimods, and as some of them know, I will passive-aggressively attack them until they take a chill and stop telling at least me how the forums work. What I don't like is how a newer player can look at someone like me, see when I joined and how many posts I have, and tell me things about the forums as if I didn't already know. I have more experience here than them, I know when I'm crossing the line. Just some persoanl complaints I have about them.

Now, what I meant to post, that first part wasn't even in my head when I clicked on the text box... I'm actually very impressed (may not be the right word but I'm going with it) with how many mods here actually disapprove of minimods. I always felt as though they supported them which made us in the community who aren't mod resent minimods even more. They were irritating us, then the people we can't mouth off at support them. See what I'm saying? Regardless, I said I'd keep this short and now it's long for my standards, so pce.
This should be on the front page. I'm not even kidding.

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
An issue I have is that with some of the mini-mods who become disliked, they'll enter the staff team and give the staff team as a whole a bad impression to some players. It's not really fair on us and soon enough the staff team will be full of mini-mods who've "succeeded".

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
An issue I have is that with some of the mini-mods who become disliked, they'll enter the staff team and give the staff team as a whole a bad impression to some players. It's not really fair on us and soon enough the staff team will be full of mini-mods who've "succeeded".
Inform Sr. Mods to make it tougher to get mod and not just let minimods follow in the footsteps of literally everyone who had made the journey before.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I've also heard rumors that some people who do mini-mod, if you were to talk to them off of the forums or ingame, you'd soon find out it's all an act. If those rumors were to spread, as rumors tend to, and the player got mod, that would also take away from the staff team. As much as I'd like those people to be shunned from the community, there are some really cool staff that would make me disappointed if they went down with the ship.

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
Um no offense or anything but just because you informed Sr. Staff of a ddoser doesn't mean you stopped him. From my experience of communication with Sr. Staff, even as a moderator, they just tell me there's nothing they can do.
Well, in this situation they did a lot i meant something else by stopping them and no one understands that :/

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, in this situation they did a lot i meant something else by stopping them and no one understands that :/
So you told Sr. Staff and they said they would handle it correct? They prob just said that so you wouldn't worry. Detail the story a bit more.

K

KiDD

Simple - there's people who "mini-mod" with a genuine interest in helping others, and there may be people who do so, with a not so genuine interest. Yeah, let's be honest it's annoying when some who has zero actual authority over you is acting as if they do, but me personally, I don't have time to be "hating" on them for it. I just try to see it as them trying to help, and if they cross the line doing so, that's on them.

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci