• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My view on Moderators

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
lol i didn't get demoted, though i'm flattered your first assumption was me getting demoted, but i don't blame you because i was probably going to get demoted once col left anyway because our sr.staff is funny like that.
That's why we love Col

Sizi

Tribute
Reaction score
Servers can not run without moderators. I appreciate and respect everything they do whether we like it or not.

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm guilty of being one of those moderators who just sit, moderatoring the hub but the hub has a lot of rule breakers ;)
I appreciate you taking the time to make this thread :D
Hopefully it'll give us moderators insight on what players want from us.

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
Its always something to improve nothing are perfect guys!

Reactions:

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Its always something to improve nothing are perfect guys!
Something that only 50% of mods get :p

What I mean is mods always defend their decisions to no end, regardless of if they're actually right or not. That's why the good mods are the ones who can look at this thread and not argue that they're already doing it right for every point brought up.

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
being a former mod and quite a controversial one at that, i see where you're coming from. i found myself countless times lacking motivation to do my job and just downright ignoring people because i didn't feel like doing whatever they asked of me to do, but what scares me is we still have people in the staff team that are just sitting on the rank, yes, they ban kick mute etc, but they do just enough to not set off an activity check on them, so they kind of are on the dl sitting on the rank while still not doing really anything past the required amount of punishments
I respect your honesty and hey none of us are perfect, we all have different perceptions of situations and varying levels of motivation. I've never been a mod on mcgamer but I have been admin on quite a few large, popular, public servers. I think it's a good thing not to immediately act defensively to constructive criticism but try and look at it as a way of improving things. We're all flawed in some way but I think the majority of mods on mcgamer have their priorities right and are in the job for the right reasons :)

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I respect your honesty and hey none of us are perfect, we all have different perceptions of situations and varying levels of motivation. I've never been a mod on mcgamer but I have been admin on quite a few large, popular, public servers. I think it's a good thing not to immediately act defensively to constructive criticism but try and look at it as a way of improving things. We're all flawed in some way but I think the majority of mods on mcgamer have their priorities right and are in the job for the right reasons :)
ur official, wowzers

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
-le snip-
As a moderator, I do believe that some of us do not spend as much time on certain platforms as others (especially the forums), and I do think it should be a requirement to at least be more active. Most of us are active on the forums moderation-wise, but I really believe that we should take more time or at least be encouraged (but not required) to make a few posts on threads and interact with the community more as the forums are a great way to share opinions and ideas. However, please keep in mind that not all of us specifically enjoy spending time on the forums or have the time to post as much as some users do.
Ingame, moderators moderate the hub to catch rulebreakers, talk to community members, help out, and respond to players reporting hackers. It's more practical than skipping through games of SG as we can actively respond to people relaying hacker IGNs rather than just spectating an entire game for one hacker that may not even be there. Either way, I will try to act according to your feedback :)

Lastly, if you do see moderators saying anything that's breaking the rules, report them and they will be dealt with by Sr. Staff.

Firstly, I do appreciate the time and effort mod's donate to the server because there would be no server if they didn't. I just have one small query as to why I frequently see mod's in the hub chatting about their personal lives and often ignoring players questions, or requests to catch a hacker in the act?.
Fair enough if they can't record for one reason or another but at least maybe make an attempt to get someone who can? I understand it promotes good relations between staff and community to chat in the hub at times but not at the cost of professionalism and carrying out your job.
Countless times I have had to pm a mod on the forums or even go to US servers to get one's attention (I'm AU) when there is several mods sitting in the hub on AU and I can see they aren't afk either.
The moderator could be discussing this in staff chat, and if they are, they should first respond to the reporter in chat to make sure they are aware that the moderator is taking action. Not responding is also rather unprofessional and makes them look like they're not doing anything about it, which in turn makes the staff team overall look pretty bad.
Another possibility is that they could also be purposely ignoring it because of sheer laziness, in which case you can report them or bring it up to a staff member.

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is from the community side of view who has been here a while(I still love you all, community and staff ;-; )

I understand where everyone is coming from, the community and the staff. From the community side, it is hard to see mods who aren't as active on every platform of MCGamer/MCSG. Kinda frustrates me sometimes, I see new mods, and they really have little to no experience within the community as a whole when they do apply. Most of those end up leaving after a few months, and most of those don't get active enough for people to remember who they are.

I do wish that every mod would be active everywhere. It should be a requirement. People shouldn't look to others to do their job. They really shouldn't assume people will look after the forums, or ts, or on the servers. Like if you are on ts, but not on the servers, go on the forums, do some work on there(and I mean more than report abuses) and go to other sections of the forums besides the Community Corner(yes there are other sections what a shocker). I do see a lot of the same people on the forums. Do I know them? Not really. Do the usually just put their works in just a way that they don't side with anyone, but never really have their own opinions? Yes. I know people are scared of getting demoted because what they say, but people should still have their own opinions, whether they are staff or not. It shouldn't matter. Like you could say something, that a lot of other people agree, but don't have the guts to say. I do see one, maybe two of those mods who do that, but I find most mods when they post, it sounds scripted. It doesn't sound like they put any personality into what they write. You are not robots, you aren't suppose to be perfect. Most of you, are young, from 14 to 20's. Mind you most are still in the teenage years. Like yes, you will make mistakes, but make sure you let people know what you are feeling, even if it's behind the scenes.

There is also ts. Oh ts. I've complained so many times about people being in DND channels all the time. I see the same people always in DND channels. If you don't want to be disturbed, go on another ts, seriously. 99% of the time, people will know another ts to go on. People in other countries might not know what "DND" means. Maybe what we need is channels if you really don't want to be disturbed, but still need to talk to people, there should be designated channels for the staff, that allow them to still be on the ts, but not everyone can see they are on(just so they don't get messages all the time). ALSO, those on leave. Yes, majority of people go on leave for different reasons. But sometimes, just sometimes, I see people on leave, who are on ts, then in game, but think they don't need to do their job because they are on leave. My personal opinion on this: If you are active enough while on leave on ts, you should be able to handle any messages that you are get. If you go on the servers, you should be able to handle everything from abuse to hackers. I know it is a volunteer position, but to me, if you are on leave, you really shouldn't be near anything of the servers, cause there is a reason you are on leave, do that thing as to why you are on leave.

But I understand why the staff get frustrated at times, when people expect them to be everywhere all the time, and sometimes people are just not on. If the job position makes you stress, then maybe it isn't right for you. A little stress is okay, normal, but if that stress effects you, from doing your job, to IRL stuff, then it might be time for you to leave, or take a break. It's hard when you know the community hasn't always had a positive outlook of staff, then being staff yourself. I might not have been staff at any point, but I've talked to many staff(at one point that is all my friends were, wasn't friends with them because they were staff, it was just at that point the most mature people I found to talk to were staff) so I know where you get at. I know what some of you think of the community sometimes.

Everyone needs to remember at the end of the day, we are all community members, the non staff and the staff members. We are all trying to have fun on the internet, within Minecraft, within this network.

I know the Q&A's and community games events are to bring the community and the staff together, but after those end, the staff leaves and hides in their mod channels. Like go interact with the community outside of those, and not on alts. Mods actually use to do that(shocker I know) Even Sr mods, up until Admins use to go down to the regular channels just to talk, and not go down to channels just because there is a troller in there. I think the community just feels disconnected at times from the staff team, which shouldn't happen ever. We need to change that.

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
Well this thread sure got a lot of attention thanks for all the comments! <3

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
hides in their mod channels. Like go interact with the community outside of those, and not on alts.
I don't have anything against Turkish people, but when I try to do that, 9 turkish people join and scream and shout at me to ban or mute someone. It's kinda frustrating when I want to hang out with people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci