• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Nadarekyle's Lobby Contest Entry!

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
TeamSwish's lobby is gonna be super unique :)
Not giving too much away but lets just say if you like disney land you will like ours :)
Good job btw :) Me gusta!

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
O.K, c'est feedback time.

First off, this is one of the more professional and accomplished lobbies I've seen so far. Whilst a generally simple idea, it is executed well and has some great design features. For instance, the coloured wood is a great idea, and look good. The stairs are brilliant; I love how you've incorporated the glowstone so that it just peeps through the wall, it's a great idea (assuming you invented it) and a nice touch. Your vertical parkour is also great, but I question if there's a possibility of dying when you fall off a taller platform.

I'd experiment with the trees. They could look better equal, but I can't say for sure. The pool could have a fountain or water feature, as it looks quite plane at the moment. A slight nitpick, I feel the creeper face should be one-block in width, so the gold blocks representing the eyes and mouth should be brought back one block. Your gold-lapis spiral is a feature I'm unsure about... it's not bad, but I don't see the point. I also don't know what theme this lobby is. It needs a general direction and concept to make it stand out. If stuck, an ancient-asian themed lobby could work. If so, I'd replace that odd lapis-gold symbol with a yin-yang symbol, and dot around sugar canes to act as the bamboo.

Overall though, it's looking good!

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
O.K, c'est feedback time.

First off, this is one of the more professional and accomplished lobbies I've seen so far. Whilst a generally simple idea, it is executed well and has some great design features. For instance, the coloured wood is a great idea, and look good. The stairs are brilliant; I love how you've incorporated the glowstone so that it just peeps through the wall, it's a great idea (assuming you invented it) and a nice touch. Your vertical parkour is also great, but I question if there's a possibility of dying when you fall off a taller platform.

I'd experiment with the trees. They could look better equal, but I can't say for sure. The pool could have a fountain or water feature, as it looks quite plane at the moment. A slight nitpick, I feel the creeper face should be one-block in width, so the gold blocks representing the eyes and mouth should be brought back one block. Your gold-lapis spiral is a feature I'm unsure about... it's not bad, but I don't see the point. I also don't know what theme this lobby is. It needs a general direction and concept to make it stand out. If stuck, an ancient-asian themed lobby could work. If so, I'd replace that odd lapis-gold symbol with a yin-yang symbol, and dot around sugar canes to act as the bamboo.

Overall though, it's looking good!
This is exactly the sort of feedback I'd been hoping for, thank you very much! I'll play around with and put to use as many ideas of yours I can, since about half of them were things I've thought of as well.

Keep being helpful! :D

EDIT: Oh, I also want to say that the theme I had in mind was "lobby theme". I'm curious to know what you have to think about that, but here's a visual aid: http://bit.ly/Uft2X1
I didn't actually use that lobby for inspiration, I used one I visited up in Atlanta, but the general idea is the same.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
This is exactly the sort of feedback I'd been hoping for, thank you very much! I'll play around with and put to use as many ideas of yours I can, since about half of them were things I've thought of as well.

Keep being helpful! :D

EDIT: Oh, I also want to say that the theme I had in mind was "lobby theme". I'm curious to know what you have to think about that, but here's a visual aid: http://bit.ly/Uft2X1
I didn't actually use that lobby for inspiration, I used one I visited up in Atlanta, but the general idea is the same.
Nice hotel lobby

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
Ah, lobby themed you say? To me, I feel you need to make that theme more apparent, because I wouldn't have guessed the lobby theme from looking at those images. A reception desk would fit in with your concept, along with chairs or benches which are normally found in hotels. And if you want to go all out on your theme, a redstone lift would be pretty darn awesome (providing it doesn't glitch in multiplayer)!

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
Ah, lobby themed you say? To me, I feel you need to make that theme more apparent, because I wouldn't have guessed the lobby theme from looking at those images. A reception desk would fit in with your concept, along with chairs or benches which are normally found in hotels. And if you want to go all out on your theme, a redstone lift would be pretty darn awesome (providing it doesn't glitch in multiplayer)!
Thanks again for the feedback! I'm not so sure about making it like it's an actual hotel, just the general "ornate lobby" idea, so a reception desk is out. I put benches around the center parkour course, but they don't stand out too much. I'm working on adding more benches and such elsewhere. As far as a redstone lift, I considered doing that instead of a staircase, and I have the ability to, but I figured that stairs looked cooler and, in my testing at least, redstone timing is SUPER inconsistent, between servers and updates.
An example is that in the current lobby, the piston portion of the parkour course is literally impossible, because it was created with different button timings in mind.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wow, I love it :) It's better than my map :) (Extreme compliment) It gives you some strange feeling of warmth and comfort xD

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
After looking over the screenshots a few times, theres one thing i would do, simply add more lights. Its a big problem with my map and im debating wheather or not to use glowstone or beacons, but with the theme of your map, try out the beacons. otherwise your map is still great! :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci