• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Need MODERATORS

What is your idea?

• Total voters

Xratedvegi

Tribute
Reaction score
Because there are only (not 2) 3 AU moderators watching over it. Moderators from other regions would have connectivity issues to the server/lag and this would hinder the amazing ability to catch hackers.
Exactly we need more adults to play AU servers

BainsyLive

Tribute
Reaction score
Because there are only (not 2) 3 AU moderators watching over it. Moderators from other regions would have connectivity issues to the server/lag and this would hinder the amazing ability to catch hackers.
So what? 6 Servers, 3 Mods, Still inadequate for the amount of people that play. James is the most active one here, and then we have 2 mods who OCASIONALYY come on (No offence). So basically we have 1 active mod overlooking 6 servers... Sorry that is just not enough

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, but then there is a trust issue involved, it's like when a captain of a plane has had a heart attack whilst flying and no one on board can fly, but one person rises from the back seat saying he has flown planes during games like GTA would you let them fly? But there are a few people that have flown once or twice but they don't won't to get up and be the hero.
i can fly planes :p

also guys if you ever see a hacker just poke a mod on teamspeak and they will try and come (not all can as AU connection really sucks for most people)

BainsyLive

Tribute
Reaction score
I probably should have made the topic 'More mods on AU' because judging by the sound of things on us/eu things aren't too bad, but here on AU, it isn't so great

BainsyLive

Tribute
Reaction score
Kinda sad to hear/read you say this, as one of the reasons why many people get banned is because you guys help us. Yes! You, you members of the community help us catch hackers/spammers! And guess what, this isn't the only community that depends on the help of its members, its every single one. Whether they host just one server or more, the staff depend on their members to help catch rule breakers.

Its hard to get mods on servers available 24/7, even with just one server. So we appreciate when you guys help us. Getting new mods isn't an easy process, we want to make sure we have the best out of the best, just for your enjoyment! And for those who don't get accepted, don't feel angry, you aren't worthless, you still have the power to press that powerful F2 to take a picture of that spammer and report him. (Or F12 to start recording (if you use bandicam))

In my 1 year (nearly 2 years) of minecraft multiplayer and administration, I have seen that just about every community gets its help from their player base. I'm currently an admin on a fairly popular server (if anyone knows Project 1845 (which has been on minecraft mondays show 3 times) I'm an admin there) we host 2 servers, tekkit and SMP with a staff of around 19 members. Now you would think that there would be mods/staff on 24/7, but there isn't. When it comes to banning, even members of the server have to report.

In conclusion, everyone can help ban people, no matter what rank you are. You just have to be willing to make the tiny effort of pressing 2 powerful keys. We greatly appreciate your help.

P.S. I'm not good at writing/forming sentences, so some areas may not make sense....
Kinda sad to hear/read you say this, as one of the reasons why many people get banned is because you guys help us. Yes! You, you members of the community help us catch hackers/spammers! And guess what, this isn't the only community that depends on the help of its members, its every single one. Whether they host just one server or more, the staff depend on their members to help catch rule breakers.

Its hard to get mods on servers available 24/7, even with just one server. So we appreciate when you guys help us. Getting new mods isn't an easy process, we want to make sure we have the best out of the best, just for your enjoyment! And for those who don't get accepted, don't feel angry, you aren't worthless, you still have the power to press that powerful F2 to take a picture of that spammer and report him. (Or F12 to start recording (if you use bandicam))

In my 1 year (nearly 2 years) of minecraft multiplayer and administration, I have seen that just about every community gets its help from their player base. I'm currently an admin on a fairly popular server (if anyone knows Project 1845 (which has been on minecraft mondays show 3 times) I'm an admin there) we host 2 servers, tekkit and SMP with a staff of around 19 members. Now you would think that there would be mods/staff on 24/7, but there isn't. When it comes to banning, even members of the server have to report.

In conclusion, everyone can help ban people, no matter what rank you are. You just have to be willing to make the tiny effort of pressing 2 powerful keys. We greatly appreciate your help.

P.S. I'm not good at writing/forming sentences, so some areas may not make sense....
I half a agree with you, Yes we should help the community by recording hackers and Yes we do, but Moderators should also be there helping out, because that's what you're there for

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thought of this idea, wondering if anyone agrees with me..

How about trial mods? Their age limit can be 14+, they make their application and if it's good, it's accepted etc, etc so on. But when they start off, they can almost no commands whatsoever, (except kick, not banning abilities). If they get enough proof of hackers and show that they can patrol the servers well, then they're accepted. This also is the communities vote, if the community thinks that they're mature or fit for the job they can put a vote in.

I think this would be a good idea, as you could filter out the people who would just plainly abuse their powers. Mainly I'm saying this because MCSG only accepts people who are 16 at a minimum. (Never ever seen an exception). This would give the younger players who are mature and fit for the job a chance, I mean hell, what's age? A number? Wow, does that actually dictate anything? I've seen some very immature 20 year olds, even some 11 year olds I know are more mature. Back on the point, younger players could prove themselves. Also, seeing as the community is younger players, wouldn't it make some sense to have staff who could actually connect to how they feel? Seeing as they are the same age?

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :p

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
So what? 6 Servers, 3 Mods, Still inadequate for the amount of people that play. James is the most active one here, and then we have 2 mods who OCASIONALYY come on (No offence). So basically we have 1 active mod overlooking 6 servers... Sorry that is just not enough
Oh, sorry. I thought your wording was against the idea. I was trying to reason to you why we need more Moderators. :p

TomoHD

Survivor
Reaction score
We all want new Mods but moral of the story is that AU gets NO attention and i'm just hoping y'all admins ad mods will hear our crys.

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think the whole problem is too bad.... The problem is, most non-AU mods can't connect to the AU servers. At least I can't. So if you need help, and there is no AU mod out there, you got a problem.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
I didn't read all of this thread, so excuse me if this hasn't been touched on already.

You may/may not not they are hiring new moderators. Out of those "50" moderators, only a handful are ACTUALLY active. Because of this reason, the Sr. Staff has decided to hire more moderators (and other reasons, I'm sure). The staff team plans to hire a lot of new mods -- about 6 every week (don't know when it ends). I'm 100% positive that a lot of those staff members will be coming to AU. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient on this one.

I'm also sure that Hysterically, an active AU member, has sent in a Mod application. He is known for making large paragraphs/essays on the forums, so his application shouldn't be too much of a problem.

To sum it all up, the staff plans to add new Mods. Most likely, those mods will come to AU and help moderate. You just have to be patient. For now, if you see a hacker, try to get evidence and poke a moderator on TeamSpeak or go to the Report Abuse section and submit your evidence there. If you are unable to obtain evidence, a Mod should be able to do it for you.

BainsyLive

Tribute
Reaction score
Thought of this idea, wondering if anyone agrees with me..

How about trial mods? Their age limit can be 14+, they make their application and if it's good, it's accepted etc, etc so on. But when they start off, they can almost no commands whatsoever, (except kick, not banning abilities). If they get enough proof of hackers and show that they can patrol the servers well, then they're accepted. This also is the communities vote, if the community thinks that they're mature or fit for the job they can put a vote in.

I think this would be a good idea, as you could filter out the people who would just plainly abuse their powers. Mainly I'm saying this because MCSG only accepts people who are 16 at a minimum. (Never ever seen an exception). This would give the younger players who are mature and fit for the job a chance, I mean hell, what's age? A number? Wow, does that actually dictate anything? I've seen some very immature 20 year olds, even some 11 year olds I know are more mature. Back on the point, younger players could prove themselves. Also, seeing as the community is younger players, wouldn't it make some sense to have staff who could actually connect to how they feel? Seeing as they are the same age?

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :p
This my friend is BRILLIANT, this idea should be out foward

BainsyLive

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, I can connect to all three locations, EU, AU and US, but I mostly join AU, since I get no lag at all and people in AU are kind. The real problem is when there is no Mod on, and we poke a US mod for example, they don't reply, in fact, they NEVER replied, but there was one Sr.Mod that replied to me, SomeMugger :D
I can connect to all 3 aswell, maybe I should sign up for moderator

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci