• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New items for more fun in SG!

Mr_Bari_99

Diamond
Reaction score
Copying other server's already implemented ideas and gameplay features isn't really a smart thing to do. It just helps us lose our identity and assimilate with all the kind of servers where SG isn't the main game type.
I understand what you're saying but assimilation doesn't have to be a bad thing. By implementing a popular thing on the Hive could potentially bring in more players.

Mr_Bari_99

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the idea of more secondaries, but MCSG is revolved around the real Hunger Games. Heck, even the fishing rod is technically found in a real HG, even though the common strategy with it is a bit ridiculous. :)

There are two issues with adding these types of items.

1) They're not always fun. Cobwebs could be severely abused with a tryhard community like ours, and I doubt TNT would be much better. Sorting your inventory becomes harder, and if you want everything in your hotbar, you'll have:
a sword; a rod; a bow; an FnS; cobwebs; TNT; golden apples; food; arrows.

That's 6 slots just for weapons, and if you want more food, an extra FnS, or a boat, you don't have enough room to be at full potential.

2) We like our originality. If MCG decided to start changing everything to suit what people wanted, this game would be much easier. One of the signature traits of our SG is us "sticking to the books" and keeping things based mostly on skill. Here, the better player will win often. On servers like the Hive, one lucky use of a secondary can lead to a noob winning the Survival Games with very little work put in.

For these reasons, I doubt that this would become a feature anytime soon. But it's all a matter of what you like. One of the best parts of servers is that they're not all alike, and that lets you choose what is most fun for yourself. I wish you luck in your Minecraft days!
You make a very strong point. I don't really now what else to say besides it's part of the game if you can't fit everything that you would like in your hot-bar(We should make the hot-bar have more slots! JK:p). The Hive players are able to manage it.
Thanks for the feedback!

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying but assimilation doesn't have to be a bad thing. By implementing a popular thing on the Hive could potentially bring in more players.
I see what you mean. Hive did add FnS...

Budderunner

Survivor
Reaction score
I think some updates should be in place, I think sg could use some possible different foods. Cooked fish, mutton, rabbit stew, are just some examples :p

Kirsten

District 13
Reaction score
I would never change or add anything in SG the way it is, reason being this makes MCSG stand out from the rest, we can continue to stay original and always be known for our originality :)

Britsh

Platinum
Reaction score
Support. One could add new items to the sponsors of the game, dosutil some sort of suppose potion with invisibility, it would be very interesting! So it's not used all, you for buying this potion to take say 200 points to his little used. What do you think?

Mr_Bari_99

Diamond
Reaction score
Support. One could add new items to the sponsors of the game, dosutil some sort of suppose potion with invisibility, it would be very interesting! So it's not used all, you for buying this potion to take say 200 points to his little used. What do you think?
So you're saying that we would add it to the sponsorship list? I would still prefer it to be found in chests. Potion of invis. I have to say no to that. It's too OP

Mr_Bari_99

Diamond
Reaction score
I would never change or add anything in SG the way it is, reason being this makes MCSG stand out from the rest, we can continue to stay original and always be known for our originality :)
Not trying to sound rude or anything but in more bad ways than good we may stand out as being seen original. Just maybe.

Reaction score
I like your idea ! But MCGamer is MCGamer, the chest items is a thing that describes the server, you know...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci