• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

New Work in progress map - need suggestions

Any ideas on what would make this better and what we should include?

• great wall of china type thing

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • floating islands (a bit like in avatar)

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jingo

Survivor
Reaction score
hey!
me and my friend started building a survival games map today on my server.
we were hoping to make it as interesting as possible and fun to play on. So far, we have nearly finished the cornucopia, and we are moving on to the surrounding areas. i was wondering if anyone could tell me a good way to do some terraforming and yet make it look as natural as possible?

here are some pictures of the work in progress map

2013-06-17_21.10.10.png
2013-06-17_21.09.39.png

Builders:
carloz360
FlompyFarmer
Hamishlolz

Terraforming video
media=youtube]KPicdy5yGoI[/media]

Last edited:

mgf4

Experienced
Reaction score
it needs teraforming and the whole nine yards and you should post this in maps in progress

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Make a whale... Just because whales are epic... There is no porpoise in it, but it would be awesome...
FTFY

From what I know, apparently everyone hates floating islands and asian themed maps. (Remember Skylands and Asia Games?) People have done towns, cities, universities, islands, kingdoms, space, and almost every biome. Think outside the box kiddo.

funnybunny

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
FTFY

From what I know, apparently everyone hates floating islands and asian themed maps. (Remember Skylands and Asia Games?) People have done towns, cities, universities, islands, kingdoms, space, and almost every biome. Think outside the box kiddo.
Thank you for all of your help with my spelling kind sir

Carloz360

Tribute
Reaction score
FTFY

thanks for that, thats's what i was thinking but it's not gonna be china themed and more sorta favelas and shanty towns and such

Carloz360

Tribute
Reaction score
it needs teraforming and the whole nine yards and you should post this in maps in progress
i saw your map and it looks pretty awesome! do u have any special techniques for terraforming?

Frenchipino

Tribute
Reaction score
I really like the way Cornucopia looks. I have a feeling this map would be great.
If you need some tree-forming, try download " Single Players Commands " mod and use the "brush" tool to put a few quick trees. I hope I helped.

Frenchipino

Tribute
Reaction score
Make a whale... Just because whales are epic... There is no porpus in it, but it would be awesome...
People aren't really fond with floating structures. I don't see why people hate floating whales and things, but they do. I remember there was a map that had floating structures, but now it is removed.

Carloz360

Tribute
Reaction score
I really like the way Cornucopia looks. I have a feeling this map would be great.
If you need some tree-forming, try download " Single Players Commands " mod and use the "brush" tool to put a few quick trees. I hope I helped.
thanks so much for your help! for some reason im getting an error when i try to put in new HD pictures?
i've had to put in not as good quality pics.
5.png
piccy.png
piccy1.png
piccy2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member