• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Newest Apple iMac minecraft performance

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
I have a 2008 21.5" iMac; I get 60 fps on normal playing at 1280x720 (not full screen).

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
My dreamed mac....

first of all, I would recommend you to upgrade the RAM —if you can— so if you use programs like photoshop, cinema 4d, and such, it runs smoother. "The more RAM the better baby". Also you probably do this, but if not the do this: Clean your mac weekly! Remove what you don't need, use programs like CCleaner, or Onix to remove the cache, the font cache, and more stuff that really wears your mac off.

Shaders are cool, I know it, but why have shaders if you can have more than 100 FPS? You will obviously run shaders fine, and get around 30 to 40 FPS.

If you do consider upgrading you RAM, maybe you will get more FPS, depending on how much RAM do you allocate to Minecraft. (I would allocate around 4 GB)
Graphics from that mac, are excellent! You will be able to run great!

*Upgrading your RAM, is not needed, but it may help in the future.*

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro 13 inch, and I adore it, but the performance is... Lacklustre...
That's why I'm going to build myself a godly PC, and run OSX on that :3
I think parralells make something to do that :p

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm going to be getting the newest model of the apple iMac for my birthday this year, and I was wondering if anyone has one, and how well it runs minecraft. I'm not going to be getting an actual computer to go with it, just the iMac itself.

From what I know, they have fairly decent graphics cards, and the FPS isn't too bad.

What I'm asking from anyone who knows Macs well, or preferably, has experience with the newest model is:

-Can it run shaders with at least 40 FPS?

-Can it run max settings with a steady FPS rate?

I don't neccessarily have high FPS standards, but I'd really like to know how well this will run minecraft.

Please, please, please, do not do the typical "Get a Windows, noob", because I'd rather have a Mac. This thread is more or less for learning what to expect, and if from what I hear, it's bad, I might look into a decent Windows computer. Even with that said, please try to at least help with the question at hand, rather than telling me to just get a windows >.<

Link to the specs, and current model I'm getting-
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&#...rive/4840582.p?id=1218541221855&skuId=4840582

Thanks! :)
It can't run shaders at all, my friend has it, he runs it at 2 fps :(, however it can run at smooth 100-327 (on the lowest quality) fps.

*EDIT*

Once you get it, there's a low quality shaders mod, (that still looks amazing ), that has a chance of running at 20-40 fps. :)

Zachary0614

Career
Reaction score
I've got the latest macbook pro and it runs 80-100 fps without optifine

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
It can't run shaders at all, my friend has it, he runs it at 2 fps :(, however it can run at smooth 100-327 (on the lowest quality) fps.

*EDIT*

Once you get it, there's a low quality shaders mod, (that still looks amazing ), that has a chance of running at 20-40 fps. :)
I just got mine yesterday, and it runs 120 FPS, full settings, no texture pack,and no optifine >.<

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
I just got mine yesterday, and it runs 120 FPS, full settings, no texture pack,and no optifine >.<
With a 660 i believe you could run shaders v8 with 50 frames and shaders v10 (he one that tomahawk uses) at around 35. I personsally prefer v8 as it has a less realistic look but as a whole looks better

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have the version right before the new one and it has 4gb of RAM and it runs minecraft completely fine, but If I were to try and download shaders.. Well Im not sure :p. But I think it all depends on how much RAM you get.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Just sayin'
As someone who has an Imac (late 2010_, I can run 60-200 fps max settings with a HD texture pack.
Im sure yours should be somewhat better than that, considering it's the newest model.

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Same as Gaga, but! The new iMac should be able to run everything you need, but getting high fps on mac is tricky because its NEVER stable, I've never tried to install shaders mod so I don't really know but I know that devilic uses the new iMac I didn't get it because you couldn't put in CD/Dvd or whatever but with the right adjustments and settings you should be able to hit atleast 60 fps with shaders mod + optifine ( on my iMac 2010, I never fall below 40 fps with max maxed out settings and recording )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci