• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No more Breeze island!

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
you think it is easy to get a good spot in a server? if you're not one of the first 15 people, you are going to get kicked by a donor. When I get in, I stay in. I am not wasting my time jumping servers to play a different map.
Actually, if you are one of the first 22 people, you would not get kicked.

Build a bridge and get over it. I have played it almost everyday since it came out 5-6 months back, so you really can't complain. Wait until the new update comes out in a few weeks and play something else!

Reaction score
I agree, Breeze is overpleyed, but be patient and wait for MCSGv2.
On the topic of Breeze being most "Noob friendly" I agree. The map is fun, but it nutures very basic tactics, like jumping into water and pushing people off high spots. But those 2 tactics, on the other maps, are a tremendous part of an advanced skill set.

I admit, breeze promts players to do these things. But other maps don't prompt these tactics, but they still work very well if you think. Look at map 2, many high buildings to knock people off, but only if you're near a building. What about the water in map 2? It much scarcer than the water on Breeze, but it still works as an escape route. If new players tried other maps more, you can find many use for "Breeze tactics"

The problem is, since Breeze is overplayed, new players never HAVE TO apply themselves with these tactics. I remember a short time between The Breeze Release and SG4 release, when people seemed slightly more stratigcly inclined to push people off the mountains in map 3, and run using the rivers in map 2. I believe that breeze may have inclined people to do these things, and it goes to show that BREEZE CAN teach new players IF we give other maps A CHANCE.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree, Breeze is overpleyed, but be patient and wait for MCSGv2.
On the topic of Breeze being most "Noob friendly" I agree. The map is fun, but it nutures very basic tactics, like jumping into water and pushing people off high spots. But those 2 tactics, on the other maps, are a tremendous part of an advanced skill set.

I admit, breeze promts players to do these things. But other maps don't prompt these tactics, but they still work very well if you think. Look at map 2, many high buildings to knock people off, but only if you're near a building. What about the water in map 2? It much scarcer than the water on Breeze, but it still works as an escape route. If new players tried other maps more, you can find many use for "Breeze tactics"

The problem is, since Breeze is overplayed, new players never HAVE TO apply themselves with these tactics. I remember a short time between The Breeze Release and SG4 release, when people seemed slightly more stratigcly inclined to push people off the mountains in map 3, and run using the rivers in map 2. I believe that breeze may have inclined people to do these things, and it goes to show that BREEZE CAN teach new players IF we give other maps A CHANCE.
I agree with this. I only made breeze as a fun small scale map with different tactical approaches to it, rather than an overplayed and kinda noob-friendly map.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with this. I only made breeze as a fun small scale map with different tactical approaches to it, rather than an overplayed and kinda noob-friendly map.
you must feel so bad when you see threads like these xD

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
you must feel so bad when you see threads like these xD
I don't exactly feel bad, a little disappointed that it has come to this point rather. Wouldn't mind at all if it was taken down for a while tbh, despite the fact that i still like it a lot.

showli2

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't exactly feel bad, a little disappointed that it has come to this point rather. Wouldn't mind at all if it was taken down for a while tbh, despite the fact that i still like it a lot.
I'm just glad that the mapmaker can agree with the players and not complain about people complaining about their map. Good to see, especially in the world we (or at least I) live in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci