• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No Rank = No respect?

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
So recently I just wanted to address this topic to make everyone think about, you know, this topic and hopefully with this thread we can reduce the amounts of this happening.

So if you don't understand my title, what I mean is, when someone for example has a rank ( mod or vip or map maker ) people respect them, and that's understandable, since they have obviously achieved a nice rank and people would like to be friends with them ect. That's not the part I'm writing about today. I have done this myself where someone becomes mod and only then do I realize they are a community member. There's nothing bad about doing that.

What I'm writing about is for example this person were to lose their rank ( would it be resigning or getting the map taken off the server or whatever ) I feel like this person doesn't get the same respect as they used to before and as if you don't have a rank, you don't get the amount of respect you use it.

For example:
Someone gets mod, makes a lot of friends, say he made a friend called ''Bob''. This mod and Bob were really good friends, until the mod decides to resign for school reasons. When this mod decides to come on and sees bob in a channel, he comes to talk and Bob is acting really rude and mean to the mod.

The funny part is usually if ever they get a rank back, ''Bob'' will continue talking to him like he used to as if nothing happened.

This kind of makes me angry to be honest. Many people have been threw this including me.
Back when I was staff, I used to have people talk to me all the time as if I was their sibling or something, and it doesn't mean they were in the staff team or anything, I know a few people in the community who can recognize themselves. When I got trial senior mod, these people continue talking to me even more ( probably for the reason that I got promoted or something ). Finally, the day I got demoted, these people were online and I poke them ''welp rip got demoted'' or something like that. The person responds ''ah'' and I never see of them again. I try to talk to them over and over and they treat me as if whenever I try to talk to them I'm trying to murder them or something ''sorry busy'' ''sorry not now'' ect ect.

Even though parts of this thread don't make sense, hopefully you get the right message.

It's the same person just different rank. If ever you did this to someone, make sure that, if you still want to be friends, with them, go talk to them, DM then, it'll make their day I promise.

Well, hopefully this taught you guys something, or opened some people's eyes.
And I'm being fully honest, not everyone does this, I'm just directing this to people who do.
It just hurts that when you were friends with someone, to find out they were only friends with you for the rank.

Ciao Bambinos!

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Grill, Hector, whether you have a rank or not, whether you have respect or not. It doesn't matter. Because you need to know that you already have at least one person who loves you so much, and still cares about you no matter what. And gosh darnit gurl, I still wanna talk to you whenever I get the chance, because you're probably the most fabulous person I can meet, you're goals. Like, #goals. So don't be worried about whether people like your or not on me! 'Cause grill, I'm always there for you. <3

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
This happened to me, i earned my respect back by making mineman memes

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
I'm "trolling"... lmao, who even are you? How do you "know" im "trolling"? I'd like to say i'm not. 100% not trolling. I'm going to find the proof, or get the screenshots from mods.
Omar is trolling you sir. You dont get it lmao

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
Grill, Hector, whether you have a rank or not, whether you have respect or not. It doesn't matter. Because you need to know that you already have at least one person who loves you so much, and still cares about you no matter what. And gosh darnit gurl, I still wanna talk to you whenever I get the chance, because you're probably the most fabulous person I can meet, you're goals. Like, #goals. So don't be worried about whether people like your or not on me! 'Cause grill, I'm always there for you. <3
<3333333

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
So recently I just wanted to address this topic to make everyone think about, you know, this topic and hopefully with this thread we can reduce the amounts of this happening.

So if you don't understand my title, what I mean is, when someone for example has a rank ( mod or vip or map maker ) people respect them, and that's understandable, since they have obviously achieved a nice rank and people would like to be friends with them ect. That's not the part I'm writing about today. I have done this myself where someone becomes mod and only then do I realize they are a community member. There's nothing bad about doing that.

What I'm writing about is for example this person were to lose their rank ( would it be resigning or getting the map taken off the server or whatever ) I feel like this person doesn't get the same respect as they used to before and as if you don't have a rank, you don't get the amount of respect you use it.

For example:
Someone gets mod, makes a lot of friends, say he made a friend called ''Bob''. This mod and Bob were really good friends, until the mod decides to resign for school reasons. When this mod decides to come on and sees bob in a channel, he comes to talk and Bob is acting really rude and mean to the mod.

The funny part is usually if ever they get a rank back, ''Bob'' will continue talking to him like he used to as if nothing happened.

This kind of makes me angry to be honest. Many people have been threw this including me.
Back when I was staff, I used to have people talk to me all the time as if I was their sibling or something, and it doesn't mean they were in the staff team or anything, I know a few people in the community who can recognize themselves. When I got trial senior mod, these people continue talking to me even more ( probably for the reason that I got promoted or something ). Finally, the day I got demoted, these people were online and I poke them ''welp rip got demoted'' or something like that. The person responds ''ah'' and I never see of them again. I try to talk to them over and over and they treat me as if whenever I try to talk to them I'm trying to murder them or something ''sorry busy'' ''sorry not now'' ect ect.

Even though parts of this thread don't make sense, hopefully you get the right message.

It's the same person just different rank. If ever you did this to someone, make sure that, if you still want to be friends, with them, go talk to them, DM then, it'll make their day I promise.

Well, hopefully this taught you guys something, or opened some people's eyes.
And I'm being fully honest, not everyone does this, I'm just directing this to people who do.
It just hurts that when you were friends with someone, to find out they were only friends with you for the rank.

Ciao Bambinos!
i don't feel like i get that much more respect on some kind of stuff. But i guess i got more questions in game. haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci