• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No-Tolerance Rule Policy for hacking starting February 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Col_StaR I would be really happy if you wouldn't mind sharing some details about the study, I am considering AP Stats for my Junior year next year and maybe some insight on this might help me make a decision

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I fully support this policy

It's one I've wanted implemented and enforced for quite awhile. :p

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think that Minecraft will ever allow vanilla servers to reccomend/require mods?
If so, MCSG could allow only certain types of clients to join.
I doubt it. If they would recommend or require mods, at best that would mean Mojang would be endorsing or requiring third-party mods (small legal liability to them); at worst, Mojang would be creating a back-door for malware, since joining a server could cause the download of a mod laced with malware (lawsuit-worthy liability there).

I'd be okay with a server-side, "Enforce Vanilla Client" option, but I doubt Mojang would care enough to add something like that. Plus, because Minecraft's code is so generally exploitable, people would find ways to bypass that easily anyways.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
As someone who did hack in early v1 and was banned for a week and stopped hacking, this is disappointing to me. It's been over two years since I hacked, and recently I passed 600 wins, a major milestone for me. I've made at least 20 successful hacker reports, and I'd like to think I've been a productive member of the community in my two years of MCSG. If I had been permabanned, that never would have happened, and I would have never met some amazing people, just because I was stupid and did something that got me maybe 10 wins.

That said, if the data does show that so few hackers reform, this is a necessary step. It's a shame for those few who would reform, but I understand that they're few and far between. Hopefully this will help deal with the hacker problem, which is really quite the issue.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I just hope that nobody's account gets stolen and a troll starts to hack on it. That would utterly stink.

xXHoneyDripperXx

Platinum
Reaction score
Very nice. I hope to see less hackers on the MCGamer network. This first offense permanent ban will most likely just cause hackers running to another server. Excellent idea ChadTheDJ, and other staff that thought of the idea and forced it to have action on the MCGamer network.

Froggytv

Sr. Mod | Staffing Team Trainer
Reaction score
ChadTheDJ Sometimes players get banned for 60 seconds because of "Detected use of modded client" by the anti-cheat system, while the player is lagging. Does this mean that the ban time for that reason will be increased? Because the player does nothing wrong and gets punished, just because of lag. It has happened to me 3 times. Also, is Optifine still allowed?
That is just an Anti-cheat ban, and will not be raised.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
The only people
Col_StaR I would be really happy if you wouldn't mind sharing some details about the study, I am considering AP Stats for my Junior year next year and maybe some insight on this might help me make a decision
Take AP.

Regular statistics is literally material you learned in third grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci