• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

No-Tolerance Rule Policy for hacking starting February 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
For those complaining that players who don't hack (by moderators error) will now be banned permanently, if they aren't hacking they will have a successful ban dispute and it doesn't matter how long they were banned for. Even if it's hard to tell, they'll likely be unbanned as it's not conclusive enough.

A very positive change, and hopefully we'll see a nice decrease in hackers (and those complaining about them!)
Don't be so naive. Unbans are rare.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
As someone who did hack in early v1 and was banned for a week and stopped hacking, this is disappointing to me. ....I'd like to think I've been a productive member of the community in my two years of MCSG.....
It's a shame for those few who would reform, but I understand that they're few and far between. Hopefully this will help deal with the hacker problem, which is really quite the issue.
Unfortunately, you are one of the 500. It really is sad to see that some people care so little, but unfortunately we have to respond effectively to the sheer number of them all.

Personally, I'd like to see more of the reformed hackers standing up and encouraging others to cease the error of their ways. Most hackers are just misguided or oblivious, but having some good mentors and rolemodels can hopefully set them back on the right track.

I just hope that nobody's account gets stolen and a troll starts to hack on it. That would utterly stink.
Accounts being stolen is pretty rare, but unfortunately most people end up doing permanent ban-worthy things on it anyways (abuse and racism are perhaps the most common, clearly aiming to get the account banned). Thankfully, in cases where the user was legitimately hacked and not using a VPN, an IP check clears things up within 20 minutes of being reported.

Take AP.....
I second that. Standard Statistics is basically Averages and Medians, but college level Statistics teaches you cooler things with practical applications, like Analysis of Variance, T-Tests, and properly wording statistical statements. Rhino1928

I noticed you say details regarding the forgiveness policy are later to come, but I'm concerned of one thing: anyone who has ban evaded may not partake in them.
Evading a ban is a serious offense in itself, since you're not actually serving your punishment and are instead exploiting loopholes to avoid it. Sure, you may not have broken any rules during your evasion, but the simple fact that you are evading is a perpetual offense you're taking on. It's the difference between serving your time in jail versus breaking out of jail and living on the run.

As such, a forgiveness pardon in this case is quite unlikely.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Then you need to know if someone is 100% hacking dead on the spot. I have been banned and still on my record however it was only on the basis on what someone thought of it, which all leads to secretive opinions. I did not hack and I could never say I did in a million years.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
Then you need to know if someone is 100% hacking dead on the spot. I have been banned and still on my record however it was only on the basis on what someone thought of it, which all leads to secretive opinions. I did not hack and I could never say I did in a million years.
I absolutely agree. I got banned over 1.5 years ago for hacking for a week (obviously i wasn't hacking) on the basis that a very bad (now retired luckily) mod either believed that I hacked for some reason based on clinical stupidity, or otherwise, or just wanted me banned. I didn't get unbanned because he was a friend of a bad Admin (luckily retired now) who told all of the other Admins to not unban me, which is against the way in which the system is meant to work. Obviously I can't mention their names.

Also, there is the relatively famous case of ExKing's permanent ban. He was banned for a really long amount of time (over 6 month I believe) due to his falling victim to a well-known glitch, and, even though every single member of staff knew about the glitch, it took one good Admin (Aeruner) to unban him several months later. This just leads on to reinstate my point of SrStaff not liking unbanning people, and the fact that people will often be henceforth banned for no reason.

H

Hindsight

inconceivable81, there is no need to pick on Staff members just because they unfairly banned you, I know you were angry but if it has been that long since you were banned, you should not be so angry about it still. There is no way to know if what you are saying is completely true and I am not saying it is not, I am just saying Staff Members are just normal people trying their very best to help the community.

Froggytv

Sr. Mod | Staffing Team Trainer
Reaction score
I think its unfair your not allowed to use gamma if your a normal player but if your a Youtuber (VIP etc) Your allowed to use gamma
Uhh, this is not the case at all. Everybody who uses these modifications will be banned.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't be so naive. Unbans are rare.
It's true. If someone is stupid enough to deal a false ban, they're usually stupid enough to maintain it. I've attempted an unban for am extremely long time. It's next to impossible to land. It took xDefrasa a year. :/

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know of several Texture Packs/Resource Packs that increase your brightness to the point it could be considered increased ''Gamma''. With this I am going to ask...

• Does this make certain Texture Packs/Resource Packs illegal to use?
  • If not, in a ban dispute how will you differentiate between someone simply using a Texture Pack/Resource Pack, and someone who is actually increasing Gamma?
Next on my list is what Chad said here...

Modded Clients = alterations made to your Minecraft that offer additional non-default functionality but offer questionable advantages during gameplay.
  • Examples include Gamma, Minimap, Chest Finder
Most notably under the listings of Modded Clients, with the addition of ''Chest Finder'' to the list. From my knowledge and from your definition.

• Why is Chest Finder not under the Hacks section?
Chest Finder may be untraceable with the exception of a few things like being a YouTuber/Streamer, but it is included in about every single Hacking Client and therefore is then considered a hack.

Lastly, is something totally off-topic from this, but nonetheless I would like to say it. And that is I would just like to say Thank You to every single Moderator, Senior Moderator, Administrator and Developer who dedicate most of their free time to help keep MCGamer a healthy and fun place to play!

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are one of the 500. It really is sad to see that some people care so little, but unfortunately we have to respond effectively to the sheer number of them all.

Personally, I'd like to see more of the reformed hackers standing up and encouraging others to cease the error of their ways. Most hackers are just misguided or oblivious, but having some good mentors and rolemodels can hopefully set them back on the right track.
I am in total agreement. If your statistics are in fact correct, which I assume they are, then this is really the only logical step to take.

As for the concept of mentors, the truth about the vast majority of hackers is that they're disengaged from the community. I doubt most of them will ever see this post about the rule change. I only made a forum account after I was banned. Furthermore, like I was at the time, most of them are immature and unwilling to listen to others. Talking to a hacker about their hacks almost always leads to flat out denial and usually them disconnecting. While I'd be happy to talk to any hacker about it, I don't think they'd want to or listen.

Most notably under the listings of Modded Clients, with the addition of ''Chest Finder'' to the list. From my knowledge and from your definition.

Chest Finder may be untraceable with the exception of a few things like being a YouTuber/Streamer, but it is included in about every single Hacking Client and therefore is then considered a hack.
While it's true that most hacked clients contain chest finder, the same goes for gamma, and minimap is in a great many of them. Inclusion in a hacked client is not the definition of a hack. These tweaks have certain qualities that separate them from hacks:
-A near impossibility to detect by anyone
-No effect on PvP
-Passive benefits rather than active ones
-Easy downloads outside of clients
-Considered "more acceptable" to most of the community
-Somewhat replicatable by vanilla clients and skill (item frames for increased gamma, f5 and f3+a for minimap, route memorization for chest finder)
Chest finder belongs in the modded client section.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
I know of several Texture Packs/Resource Packs that increase your brightness to the point it could be considered increased ''Gamma''. With this I am going to ask...

• Does this make certain Texture Packs/Resource Packs illegal to use?
  • If not, in a ban dispute how will you differentiate between someone simply using a Texture Pack/Resource Pack, and someone who is actually increasing Gamma?

Lastly, is something totally off-topic from this, but nonetheless I would like to say it. And that is I would just like to say Thank You to every single Moderator, Senior Moderator, Administrator and Developer who dedicate most of their free time to help keep MCGamer a healthy and fun place to play!
If you edit the pack and delete a file called "lightmap", you only have your Minecraft default gamma.

Soul421

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been banned twice, once on each of my accounts, and both times I've been unbanned within a few days. Have faith!

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you edit the pack and delete a file called "lightmap", you only have your Minecraft default gamma.
I understand that you can delete the file, but what I am asking is, is it illegal to have a texture pack with the lightmap file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci