• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Noodle servers down (AS server down)

Envokez

Survivor
Reaction score
Server Hosting in the following 2 countries -

1. Hong Kong - https://www.serverminer.com/minecraft/USD/
  • I suggest the Lapis Plan

2. Singapore -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Upon reviewing the cost of a server in Singapore, Australia and Arizona, USA - We can determine that indeed the price of servers in Singapore and the USA are the same. However, in Australia, the prices are higher. Not only are the prices higher but the supply low (Insert demand supply assumption). We can finalize that the removal of 4 US servers can make up the demand for 4 AS servers.
  • If that is too much, MCG can buy servers in Hong Kong at a rate of 12 cents less than in SG. I'd suggest sticking to Singapore because of CubedHosting's reliability and past user/consumer experience.
P.S. - Put me on the board of directors.
I wouldn't even mind removing the AS hub and putting those 4 servers as direct-connect servers.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Here are the two main points why AS was taken down and probably will never be put back up:
  • The disadvantage and costs of running AS, which is the most expensive per server of all regions due to there only being 4 servers outweighs the sponsorships and other income - non-profitable.
  • It is very expensive to use 4 servers when MCGamer rents them in multiples of 25 and therefore it is impossible to take servers from one region and just transplant them to another.
Therefore it would be foolish to bring the AS servers. This doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for the Asian players who cannot connect to other regions, my heart is with you and against all odds I hope the AS region returns.

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Here are the two main points why AS was taken down and probably will never be put back up:
  • The disadvantage and costs of running AS, which is the most expensive per server of all regions due to there only being 4 servers outweighs the sponsorships and other income - non-profitable.
  • It is very expensive to use 4 servers when MCGamer rents them in multiples of 25 and therefore it is impossible to take servers from one region and just transplant them to another.
Therefore it would be foolish to bring the AS servers. This doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for the Asian players who cannot connect to other regions, my heart is with you and against all odds I hope the AS region returns.
Rood. What would you say and DO if the US? Servers are down?

Shaunypie87

Career
Reaction score
Horrible Metaphor Alert
Imagine if you had dedicated alot of your time trying to do something, and you are dedicating your free time on it. There are other ways of doing this, but there are worse conditions there. The thing you have worked hard on and you dedicated a chunk of your life too has disappeared, and you have to go to that bad place. This is how AS players are feeling, right now. I'm an EU player, but I still have sympathy and think it's unfair.

ChadTheDJ
Col_StaR
Razzledgirl
Dave

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
People should think about what would happen if THEIR server would get shut down.
No matter how much you want AS to come back, presenting invalid points like US or AU or EU shutting down is out of the picture. It is something that will most definitely NOT happen. Even if you are ticked off that AS has been shutdown, the fact of the point is that the other regions are doing fine, probably giving them a profit - not a reason to shut it down. Keep a cool head while arguing for something us Asians want, the revival of AS.

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No matter how much you want AS to come back, presenting invalid points like US or AU or EU shutting down is out of the picture. It is something that will most definitely NOT happen. Even if you are ticked off that AS has been shutdown, the fact of the point is that the other regions are doing fine, probably giving them a profit - not a reason to shut it down. Keep a cool head while arguing for something us Asians want, the revival of AS.
"Pretend Talk".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci