• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Not Able to Hit People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Career
Reaction score
Refer to my earlier post. It doesn't look blocked to you but it does to other players.
No, it doesn't. I had someone spectating me. Also refer to my post where others indicated I appeared to be punching anybody without any hits being registered.

Kerbals

Platinum
Reaction score
This isn't the classic "chasing after someone and not getting hits off", this is mid-fight being stopped from dealing any damage to your opponent while they can still attack you. It is not lag or ghosting, people have witnessed it happen to me and a few others have come to me about it. I figured I would post something.

I don't know if it has anything to do with click speed, but either way, I suspect NCP is blocking out players who are clicking too fast, but the limit is seemingly low. Whilst I am able to click an average of 16 clicks per second in a fight, it's been triggering lower which I deem pretty unfair. It isn't easily explained, but I'll try to get a video of it... I've taken a lot of deaths from this, and I'm getting peeved.

Stay tuned...
I get the same problem, it makes block hitting impossible.

Jacksonbanan

Platinum
Reaction score
This happens time to time to me, I am not sure but this MIGHT have something to do with anti-cheat, not sure though..

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
I believe this is called ghosting, you can type these following commands before you start a game, *pregame*

/ghost
/ghostfix
/fix
/gf

This should resolve the issue most of the time.

This next bit of my reply will be taken directly out of the FAQ on the servers: It explains the situation, and how to fix it.

14. Why can't I hit people?
Answer:
There are many possibilities of why your hits might not be registering. You could be ghosted, or bugged, and to solve the issue, you can use the /ghostfix (or /gf) to have your character teleport to itself, which should solve the ghosting issue. The problem can also occur through lag, whether it be server side or client side (possibly from the person you're trying to hit as well). In this case, determine which side the problem is occurring from. If it was server side, report the problem. Another possibility of why you are not able to hit a player is that you're hitting too quickly and No Cheat Plus is blocking your hits. If you find this constantly happening with many people, report the problem to staff.

It started happening to me recently... and I'd like to just say how much I cannot stress this enough, If you find this constantly happening with many people, report the problem to staff.

So, let's see if it is happening to as many people as we think, and see if it's as serious as it really is looking.

GetRidaHim

QA;TL?

Last edited:

Ian

Career
Reaction score
I believe this is called ghosting, you can type these following commands before you start a game, *pregame*

/ghost
/ghostfix
/fix
/gf

This should resolve the issue most of the time.

This next bit of my reply will be taken directly out of the FAQ on the servers: It explains the situation, and how to fix it.

14. Why can't I hit people?
Answer:
There are many possibilities of why your hits might not be registering. You could be ghosted, or bugged, and to solve the issue, you can use the /ghostfix (or /gf) to have your character teleport to itself, which should solve the ghosting issue. The problem can also occur through lag, whether it be server side or client side (possibly from the person you're trying to hit as well). In this case, determine which side the problem is occurring from. If it was server side, report the problem. Another possibility of why you are not able to hit a player is that you're hitting too quickly and No Cheat Plus is blocking your hits. If you find this constantly happening with many people, report the problem to staff.

It started happening to me recently... and I'd like to just say how much I cannot stress this enough, If you find this constantly happening with many people, report the problem to staff.

So, let's see if it is happening to as many people as we think, and see if it's as serious as it really is looking.

GetRidaHim

QA;TL?
This is not lag or ghosting. I've had countless players spectate me and I've seen it happen to many others while in fights with them. If you manage to start running while unable to fight back, the opposition will still chase you which proves against ghosting.

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
From what I can tell there is nothing wrong with our servers or our anti-cheat system. This could very well be a higher up problem. TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci