• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

On the subject of "Ping Abuse"

Festives

Tribute
Reaction score
As a Canadian with 140-230ms US players with god ping have a bigger advantage but ping isn't everything!

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This happened. There was this really annoying kid (not naming names) who kept on saying, your bad. He kept on getting probably the most insane hits on me that are possible legit. Then, I ask to fight me on a server named Zincbox, where we both got 50 ping. I 10 hearted him once, then 7 hearted him 3 more times. This has happened on several occasions. Please don't try to defend people who definitely can barely win without a good connection.
Again, this sounds like bull. I get 20ms to EU at my mums, and am often on 150+ at my dads. I notice very little difference in how good I am until I go above about 200 ping. Again, 'ping abuse' is such a childish excuse for someone being better than you with the sword. Anyone can get combos, as long as they have below about 300 ping.

E

Ephiza

Again, this sounds like bull. I get 20ms to EU at my mums, and am often on 150+ at my dads. I notice very little difference in how good I am until I go above about 200 ping. Again, 'ping abuse' is such a childish excuse for someone being better than you with the sword. Anyone can get combos, as long as they have below about 300 ping.

Not true. On US MCSG, people get extreme combo's on me, and I can barely touch them with 80 MS. I mean like, hitting me from 5 blocks and getting 4 hit combo's, all while being legit.

QualiaV2

Experienced
Reaction score
Not true. On US MCSG, people get extreme combo's on me, and I can barely touch them with 80 MS. I mean like, hitting me from 5 blocks and getting 4 hit combo's, all while being legit.
I can do that with 110ms

D

Damien // Teepwn

I get called a ping abuser on 200ms, on 120ms, and mostly on my regular ping (70ms). Sword accuracy+click speed+strafing=win. IMO the biggest disadvantage to bad ping is the delayed knockback, people can get 5 hits on you when you're trying to run away xD. With bad ping, I find myself doing better in turnarounds, idk.
Agreed, honestly there are negatives to getting bad ping (4-bar and below) but sword pvp isn't a big one.

The worst parts are as you said, the delayed knockback but also the delayed position. This is what I believe is making people think lower ping, more range.

Let me give an example: x is getting 200ms and y is getting 20ms. y is chasing x. On x's screen, he's 6-7 blocks ahead of y, out of range. But because of his 200ms delay, the server has only registered his position 1-2 blocks where x is client side. On y's screen, because of minimal delay, entity position is near accurate. x is shown 4-5 blocks ahead of y and is on range. I could go more into detail about other stuff but neh.

Just remember:

Low ping > High ping
But
Skill > Low ping

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Agreed, honestly there are negatives to getting bad ping (4-bar and below) but sword pvp isn't a big one.

The worst parts are as you said, the delayed knockback but also the delayed position. This is what I believe is making people think lower ping, more range.

Let me give an example: x is getting 200ms and y is getting 20ms. y is chasing x. On x's screen, he's 6-7 blocks ahead of y, out of range. But because of his 200ms delay, the server has only registered his position 1-2 blocks where x is client side. On y's screen, because of minimal delay, entity position is near accurate. x is shown 4-5 blocks ahead of y and is on range. I could go more into detail about other stuff but neh.

Just remember:

Low ping > High ping
But
Skill > Low ping
Skill low ping> Skill high ping

QualiaV2

Experienced
Reaction score
*could. You where banned. (Not to sound rude, just stating a fact :)). If so, please tell me how. I get like, 20 MS to CA servers though, but CA is so empty :(
I've used plenty of alts

Alessio2405

Tribute
Reaction score
I've a ping of about 150/160 ms cause my bad internet connection (I'm Italian so please trust me D: ) on EU
I play also for fun on AU and a player called me ping abuser with about a ping of 750/800 ms ahahah
I think that the ping can make the difference only in team fight :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci